on 3 January 2014
I purchased an EOS M with the 18-55mm Kit lens, then bought this as a lightweight carry around. It produces nice sharp images, even wide open (and it is fast at 2.0) with nice Bokeh. Auto-focus, for me has been fine. I've seen some reviews saying the auto focus is unusable but I have had no problems-I'm not going to pretend its hugely quick and I don't shoot sports, but its fine. I guess it depends on your expectations, I am getting great images and that's what matters.

This is the lens I keep on the camera all of the time now, don't get me wrong the 18-55mm is a great kit lens, but the 2.0 maximum aperture just makes this a really versatile partner for me. I've also bought a Lowepro Dashpoint 20 bag which fits the EOS M and 22mm Lens perfectly, and makes this a truly portable pairing as a compact walk around camera. My cumbersome DSLR takes great pictures, but so does this-the difference is I can take this combo everywhere with me.
on 12 February 2015
This lens is amazing in low light. The photo's are almost like daylight when in reality, it can be nearing dark (Great if flash is not an option). Another benefit is it shrinks the EOS-M to a similar size of a medium compact point and shoot making it more likely you will have your camera with you. Picture quality is excellent and the STM focussing is very fast (even on the EOS-M) and all but silent. A very well made product and I'm enjoying playing with the almost retro experience of a short prime lens. If you have an EOS-M, you need one of these!
on 18 March 2013
This fast (f/2.0) lens generates absolutely excellent image, in terms of sharpness, contrast, and colour. It's short distance (15 cm) really works when shooting still object like food on the table. As many people mentiones at various review sites, its autofocus is very very slow. So, personallyI would not recommend it to shoot moving subject like children. It's not for fast shooters either. But I do recommend this for landscape or still object. Perfect companion when travelling too.
on 5 September 2013
This is a great lens for a real bargain price. I've used many SLR lenses and not many are as sharp as this and none are as compact or lightweight. I have no hesitation in recommending it.
I have been using this to take images of flowers. The results are clear and crisp for the flowers with a depth of field that sets them off nicely.
on 28 September 2013
I added a circular polarizer and used this lens most of the time for our 3 week trip through the parks of Arizona and Utah.
on 20 May 2016
While this is indeed a great lens at the price, it's not as brilliant as all that. Convenient size and great wide aperture aside, chromatic aberration on it is quite bad, visible for example around building edges against the sky. It's not the worst I've seen, but it's in the top 3 of the lenses I've had for obvious CA.
For gig photography it's great and the focal length is very appealing. I've taken some lovely pics with it, and the colour reproduction is lovely and contrasty, but sharpness is really as you'd expect from a cheap lens. Indoors you wouldn't notice; used carefully the lens is very nice.
on 15 May 2014
I am very pleased with this lens, that came (unexpectedly) with a hood. Needs to be used stopped down to avoid too much distortion, but this is what you would expect from a lens of this type. A really handy lens for everyday, street photography use.
on 21 October 2015
Really impressed with the speed of delivery and expert knowledge of the lens. The seller checked with me that I had ordered the right lens before delivery. thanks and would recommend highly.
on 5 February 2015
I purchased the EOS M on a whim, I was looking at going abroad and travelling light, so that's why I purchased the camera that came with a 18-55mm lens. But after using the camera, I love it, there is certainly something about it and I use it alot more than I do my Canon EOS 60D, although it won't replace my 60D, it's a fantastic camera for the type of photography that I do, mainly landscapes and a bit of architecture.
I was looking for another lens for the EOS M, as I have been using my other lenses on it with the Canon adaptor, and thought I would buy a prime, I did have a 50mm f1.8 lens for my 60D, but I rarely used it, as I thought the 50mm on a crop is a bit too much at times, so I decided to sell that and purchase this lens, I have to say, I am very very impressed, the 22mm is alot more of a manageable than a 50mm, it's such a great lens, has great bokeh and the picture is sharp.
Other reviews have mentioned that there is a bit of chromatic abberation on this lens, but I've not had the chance to thoroughly test this yet to see the chromatic abberation, but at the end of the day, if you use lightroom or camera raw, this can be easily fixed.
If you have a EOS M, I highly recommend this lens. I bought the EOS M with no intention to buy any other lenses, now I have this, the 18-55mm and the wide angle 11-22mm lens, all which I can recommend for this fantastic, but underrated camera.
review image review image