5.0 out of 5 stars I love this lens!
Published 8 months ago by Yorkshire Lad

3.0 out of 5 stars Good compact lens but...
Good compact lens to keep on the camera for everyday use. A fast lens (f2) but the auto focus especially in low light is unusable. Overall I am happy with the lens but I use manual focus ring.
Published 15 months ago by L Barker

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this lens!, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Lens (Electronics)
I purchased an EOS M with the 18-55mm Kit lens, then bought this as a lightweight carry around. It produces nice sharp images, even wide open (and it is fast at 2.0) with nice Bokeh. Auto-focus, for me has been fine. I've seen some reviews saying the auto focus is unusable but I have had no problems-I'm not going to pretend its hugely quick and I don't shoot sports, but its fine. I guess it depends on your expectations, I am getting great images and that's what matters.

This is the lens I keep on the camera all of the time now, don't get me wrong the 18-55mm is a great kit lens, but the 2.0 maximum aperture just makes this a really versatile partner for me. I've also bought a Lowepro Dashpoint 20 bag which fits the EOS M and 22mm Lens perfectly, and makes this a truly portable pairing as a compact walk around camera. My cumbersome DSLR takes great pictures, but so does this-the difference is I can take this combo everywhere with me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent image quality, 18 Mar 2013
This review is from: Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Lens (Electronics)
This fast (f/2.0) lens generates absolutely excellent image, in terms of sharpness, contrast, and colour. It's short distance (15 cm) really works when shooting still object like food on the table. As many people mentiones at various review sites, its autofocus is very very slow. So, personallyI would not recommend it to shoot moving subject like children. It's not for fast shooters either. But I do recommend this for landscape or still object. Perfect companion when travelling too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A sharp bargain, 5 Sep 2013
A. Roberts - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Lens (Electronics)
This is a great lens for a real bargain price. I've used many SLR lenses and not many are as sharp as this and none are as compact or lightweight. I have no hesitation in recommending it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good lens with hood, 15 May 2014
This review is from: Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Lens (Electronics)
I am very pleased with this lens, that came (unexpectedly) with a hood. Needs to be used stopped down to avoid too much distortion, but this is what you would expect from a lens of this type. A really handy lens for everyday, street photography use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning landscape shots, 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Lens (Electronics)
I added a circular polarizer and used this lens most of the time for our 3 week trip through the parks of Arizona and Utah.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must, for all EOS M owners., 30 Aug 2014
This review is from: Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Lens (Electronics)
This is the EOS M version of the Canon EF 40mm F2.8 STM and shares with that lens, excellent optical properties and relative dimensions. It gives roughly the same image size on the EOS M, as does the EF 40mm on the EOS 5D MKIII
The results are stunning, giving razor sharp results with the EOS M.
Thoroughly recommended, with it's small compact size, as a superb discrete sized daily lens, good for situations, where a full size
DSLR kit would be indiscrete or likely to attract unwelcome attention.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice lens, 28 April 2014
S. Duncan "SED" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Lens (Electronics)
I have been using this to take images of flowers. The results are clear and crisp for the flowers with a depth of field that sets them off nicely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect but still an excellent lens., 5 Aug 2013
This review is from: Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Lens (Electronics)
Had this lens for a couple of weeks but only recently been able to look at the images taken with it.

I have to say, I'm very impressed. The lens itself is very small and light, although doesn't feel like a toy (unlike, for example, the Canon 50mm f1.8). It has a short minimum focusing distance (took a surprisingly good shot of a fly yesterday which you could almost mistake for being taken with a macro lens, as there was a very decent amount of detail), combined with a wide f2 aperture which means it's great for low light shooting.

Yes, the focusing speed isn't the best but it's horses for courses...if you want lightning fast focusing, spend more than two hundred (or use a DSLR instead)! The images produced by this on an EOS M are excellent...very sharp. Wide open, it does seem to vignette a little but I actually quite like that; also, the colours seem muted in some shots, although that could be because I have the camera set to 'NEUTRAL'...this can always be adjusted in post anyway so it's really not a problem.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this lens to anybody who's just bought an EOS M.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good compact lens but..., 18 May 2013
L Barker - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Lens (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sharp lens, very compact but a little fussy!, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Lens (Electronics)
I'm a big fan of prime (non zoom) lens and so when I got my Canon Eos M the first thing I did was order this lens. As a general rule I've found the EFS-m lens are really well made, fantastic build quality and the 22mm is no exception. Focus is fast and the lens is well able to cope with a huge range of shooting environments through to landscapes etc. Images come out crisp and sharp which is great with a warm and full colour.

The lens is become my carry around lens and it pritty much live on the camera at all times. The only two criticisms I have of it are more criticisms of the camera than the lens, I find when used for video it "hunts' a lot with this lens and if used manually in video mode the amount of rotations to go from in focus to out of focus etc is too much for good quality results. Having said that for most video occasions where I need that I prefer other lenses! The other slight frustration i have is when the camera shuts off it retracts the lens within itself and shuts the aperture done to protect the lens. This is great buts whats not so great is when the camera turns on accidentally and tries to force the lens back out in the bag. Not a big issue but makes me worry it's damaging itself but pushing against the case.

All in all it's the best lens for the Eos M so get it you won't be disappointed!

Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Lens