5.0 out of 5 stars Working perfectly within 2 minutes of receipt
This is my first ever review of a product bought on-line but I could hardly refuse the personal email sent from Almond's founder, could I?

Published 14 months ago by Browser King

Yes- the touch screen is nice- and you don't *need* to use a PC to configure the router- but it seems that the rush to make this a touch screen device seems to have cut quite a few corners.

You cannot configure the device fully from the touch screen
The web interface is buggy
Its only a single band router
The range is poor compared to other...
Published 14 months ago by S. MCCARRICK

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Working perfectly within 2 minutes of receipt, 27 Jun 2013
This review is from: Securifi Almond - (3 Minute Setup) Touchscreen Wireless Router / Repeater (Personal Computers)

Very easy to set up and I had it running in under 2 minutes just using the touch screen. I turn the power off every night and on again in the morning and I've never had to touch the Almond screen or re-enter any settings (which I wasn't sure about before I bought it).

I bought this product as a range extender to boost wifi in an area of the office where our signal is weak.

BUT the best thing about the Almond from my point of view is one that Almond doesn't promote - it has a couple of ethernet sockets into which you can plug non-wifi devices, and thereby connect them to your network. You could, of course, connect an unlimited number of devices by plugging a router/switch into one of these sockets, and a 5-port switch can cost as little as 6.

When we moved into these offices 2 years ago we decided to connect as many devices as possible using wifi rather than cabling the place up (which cost us 2,000 in our last office - and which the landlord can force any tenant to remove and make good! - which could cost another 1,000. I have plugged 2 non-wifi printers into the ethernet sockets on the Almond, which has allowed me to place them anywhere in the office (before I had to put them close enough to one of our few wired sockets to be able to run cables). So for the first times these printers are in an ideal position, with the Almond providing the wifi connection.

We also have a couple of very old but still useful laptops that don't have wifi and which haven't worked with the USB wifi devices we tried on them (we have loads of low powered laptops because our telephone interviewers use them). So I'm planning to buy another Almond and plug in these non-wifi laptops, which should save me buying 2 new laptops.

In summary, the Almond is great. There are also loads of useful 1-2 minute demos that people have put on youtube and I found these useful when making my buying decision.

Finally, I know that Almond will have a more advanced version, the Almond+, which will be out sometime later in 2013 (after September). This will offer the current wifi plus the newer and faster(ac) wifi (computers and tablets able to benefit from this faster wifi are just appearing now).

The Almond+ will be able to control any devices and sensors that connect to ZigBee and Z-Wave and turn the Almond+ into a smart home controller. Of course I don't have any machines or devices that use ZigBee ot Z-Wave and before I read the Almond+ blurb I didn't even know I needed a smart home controller - but I'm male and a sucker for this sort of stuff! Here is the link where I read about the Almond+.

In summary, at 65 delivered the Almond has been excellent. Good luck!

2.0 out of 5 stars Great looking router- shame about its ridiculously poor specs and performance, 11 Jun 2013
S. MCCARRICK "Professional Troll Hunter" (Dublin, Dublin Ireland) - See all my reviews

You cannot configure the device fully from the touch screen
The web interface is buggy
Its only a single band router
The range is poor compared to other routers
The two LAN ports on the device are only 100Mb not gigabit
The 384Mhz processor in this is a few generations old- and not up to high speed concurrent streaming (despite the promises in the advertising)

The router looks cool, and it has a dinky 2.8" touch screen- after that things go rapidly downhill.

If you want a cool looking router- and don't care whether its performance is up to scratch or not- this is fine. Otherwise- try something useful like the Netgear Dual Band WNDR3700 Router for example- which leaves this router in the dust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Securifi Almond Touchscreen Wireless Router / Repeater, 8 Dec 2013
Christopher B. Thomas (UK) - See all my reviews
I have no hesitation in recommending this product. The on screen menus are easy to follow and select (with the onboard capacitive pen)and took only a few minutes to set up. The Almond polls your router and gets the settings automatically, so no CD Rom to install and no website to register at. I'm using the Almond as a repeater, as my netgear router isn't quite powerful enough to reach the furthest upstairs bedroom. I put the Almond between the router and the bedroom and voila! A much stronger signal and no signal drop-outs. Perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greate product!, 26 July 2013
I bought almond and I'm using it as a range extender! It's a very small and well designed piece of equipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Repeater/Access Point for a lifetime!, 10 July 2013
Bought numerous Repeaters, TP-Link, Netgear, Amped...etc the list goes on but for the first time ever, here is a product that works 24 hours a day, no more dropped connection, slow speed and best of all, it's easy to set up and elegant to boot!

I bought another one for the "media room" and set it up as an access point and it works just as brilliantly! Xbox 360, PS3, PC and Windows Phone all connected via WiFi with no LAG nor any hiccups for that matter.

Designed for humans indeed!

If there is a fault in this device, it is the web page I guess. Not very advanced for someone like me and setting it in Repeater mode pretty much makes the web page non configurable (for example, I wanted to set the router's IP to my choice instead of a random generated). So yeah, I wish the team paid more attention to making the web page fully featured and configurable in all modes.

And for anyone interested, I am currently using the two Almonds (one in repeater and the other in access point mode) with this ADSL router: Linksys X3000 Advanced Wireless Router

Thumbs up to Securifi for finally making a Repeater that actually works!

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 23 Jun 2013
Vivian de mesquita (Barcelona, Spanien) - See all my reviews
took me only 25 seconds to configure. have recommended product to friends in Spain. Now Celsius please for the weather app. Very satisfied plugin and it works. use to extend wifi network. Have not used as a router. have used it in public places with limited coverage. A great product. very intuitive

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Remarkable., 20 May 2013
I'm incredibly impressed by this device. I needed a Range Extender to fill in the area of my house where I don't get any reception. Almond not only does this perfectly but was also incredibly easy to set up. Extremely satisfied. Five Stars.

As an added bonus, Almond can function as a Clock or Personal Weather Station on my counter and it doesn't hurt that it looks so pretty.

5.0 out of 5 stars simplicity included, 24 Jan 2014
Great product. Removed from box connected as per quick set up guide then it wAs simple touch screen to setup. Performance is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of kit, 15 Dec 2013
Having struggled with dead spots for what feels like forever in our very old house, and having tried other extenders, I have to say I did not have high hopes for this. Encouraged by other reviews I finally went for it and what a great decision; two minutes out of the box and it was up and running. Upstairs in the bedroom, the iPad finally works again, since losing signal following IOS 6 upgrade last year - every other piece of kit connects seamlessly and can be switched back as easily to main BT home hub when downstairs.

Looking forward very much to being able to catch up on emails, finalise auctions and orders and watch the odd movie in bed once again.

Thank you, Securifi! By the way, it is a very smart looking piece of kit, that feels as good as it looks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable wifi extender, 12 Dec 2013
I have tried various makes and have be dissatisfy with them all until I got this Securifi Almond wifi repeater. Not only its a great design but it is very easy to set up and use. Also most importantly it is very reliable.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›