5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!!!
Fantastic read so many memories
Buy without hesitation ,you won't regret it loads of things I had forgotten about came flooding back
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK
Not a work of literary genius by any stretch, but a bit of fun to while away a couple of hours on the train or dip in and out of on holiday!
Published 1 month ago by R. Anderson

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!!!, 22 April 2013
This review is from: A little bit more of the 70s (1970s The Retro Years Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic read so many memories

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Days, 7 April 2013
This book had me chuckling so much l had to read bits out to my husband. I was 12 at the beginning of the seventies so this really was my growing up era one where l wore all the terrible fashions and bought a lot of dodgy records some of which have survived. To me the 70's were golden years and this book jolted my memory so many times you've got a fantastic 2 books out Julie I'm waiting for the 3rd!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Mar 2013
Another great read. I read the first book and thoroughly enjoyed it. Wished it was longer though. I grew up in the 1970s and enjoyed traveling back through time. I strongly recommend this as a good, easy read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic, 2 Feb 2013
Always good to get a bit nostalgic and this book does just that. The memories flooded back whilst reading it and I have to say I'm hoping the author brings out another, I'll be straight onto it.
Great read, would recommend to anyone who can remember that far back..

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 5 Jan 2013
Another short book but with so many forgotten memories packed into it's pages it is even better than the first 70's book by Julie Taylor.
Once again I think this book covers the crossover period between the 60's and the 70's, I remember desperately wanting one of the plastic, pearlised, heart shape brooches with my name embossed in gold when I was about 8 or 9 which must have been mid sixties.
Those descriptions of the silly things we used to do, "smell the cheese" and then push our fist into a poor unfortunate individuals nose! And Chinese burns, boy did they hurt.
The kids TV programmes I haven't heard mention of for years, Daktari, with Clarence the cross eyed lion, The Kids From 47a which was my absolute favourite and I can still sing the theme tune to a handful of songs, I remember the girl that presented it, Kathy Jones, went on to play Tricia Hopkins in Coronation St, I always thought she was so pretty!
I must be a little older than the authors because I remember watching A Bouquet of Barbed Wire, a terribly daring series of its time and watching Tales of the unexpected on a Saturday night.
The adverts mentioned are as familiar to me now as they were then, "when I grow up I'm going to be a proper little madam " was an ad for Clarks shoes.
March of the Mods!! The music and the dance are resounding in my head right now, and I can still sing the first verse of "When a Knight won his spurs!"
This is an absolutely brilliant little book which I will read again, next time with Google and YouTube by my side to dig deeper into the memories it creates.
Thanks to both authors!

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 1 July 2014
So many memories really enjoyed this book....

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun 2014
Brilliant get it , you must

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, 26 Jun 2014
R. Anderson "Rob" (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Hurrah!, 16 May 2013
H. Cawte (Durham, UK) - See all my reviews
Oh, I'm so glad to see a second book. I loved the first, and actually reviewed it - something I rarely do!

Ah, the 70s! Julie Taylor really brings those years to life on the page, with vivid details and a lot of humour. I remembered things I hadn't thought of in years - Flintlock (I even went to see them live!), or Icebreaker bars, or all those advertising jingles I can still sing along with!

Thanks for another great nostalgia trip, Julie. When's book 3?

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 9 Aug 2013
Not a huge fan, no real substance, basically just a listing of items, events and products from the 70's ?