5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price
Published 20 months ago by bubba169

1.0 out of 5 stars Keep cutting out
Bought these for use with my iPhone 5, but they keep cutting out while listening to music. Not convinced that the noise cancellation works either.
Returned as unfit for purpose. Refund handled expediently, as always, by Amazon.
Published 16 months ago by AceH

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: Bluetooth 2.1 Wireless Stereo Headphones/Headset with Noise Cancellation use with Ipad/iphone/Mobile/MP3/Laptop etc (Wireless Phone Accessory)
To start it should be noted that this is the first pair of Bluetooth headphones I've ever tried/owned. I am pleasantly surprised by the ease of setup with my S2 and the quality of sound provided by these earphones. I bought these to replace my in-ear earphones that came with the phone as I was fed up with the cable dangling while walking to work. These headphones are much tidier.

PROS:
- Cordless: no more dangling leads.
- The controls on the headset are very useful meaning I don't have to take the phone out of my pocket to stop/start music or change songs.
- The sound is very clear and has plenty of bass without distorting. I listen to mostly rock songs and these sound great.
- Cheap: I got mine for 15.99 with free delivery from Gadgets4U2U. Shop around as what looks like the same product is sold by many sellers under different product names.
- Doubles up as a headset for making phone calls - very handy when its freezing outside and I don't want to be losing my fingers to frostbite after holding a phone to my ear for 15 mins.
- Seems to block out traffic noise well - I walk to work along busy roads with these on and can still hear the music loud and clear.
- The battery life is amazing. I've used it for about an hour a day for the last week and still haven't needed to charge it again yet. It also doesn't seem to use any extra phone battery life compared to a corded set but this may change per device.

CONS:
- Not the most comfortable thing to wear. They do not hurt or fall off easily but they do feel restricting when I turn my head or look straight up. This does not impair the functionality and I can quite happily use these over the corded earphones any day.
- Sometimes there are odd glitches where the sound will drop out for a fraction of a second. I think this is related to the case I have on the phone blocking the signal as if I turn the phone upright in my pocket (it's usually upside down) this hardly ever happens.

TL;DR:
These are a brilliant set of headphones for the money, the advantages really outweigh the disadvantages. If in doubt, buy them now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite incredible for the price., 7 Jan 2014
Philip J. Noonan (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Three factors to bear in mind if you read this review :
1. I have a big head ( as in size, not ego)
2. I have ears like an elephant ( again, in size rather than full of dirt and flies)
3. I am incredibly fussy about headphones and hifi equipment.

Ok, now I've made an ass of myself with self deprecating honesty, let me tell you about these Bluetooth wireless headphones.
The parcel arrived by DPD, arguably the best parcel service in the Uk. It arrived less than 24 hours after I placed the order via Amazon Prime. Packing was solid and sturdy.
Headphones come in a simple to open box with no sealed military grade plastic to have to burn through with an arc welder. Simple leaflet with simple, plain English instructions.
The headphones fold neatly into a compact shape ideal for a pocket or handbag, and are deceptively small.
I held them up to my wife, who adores my huge head and elephantine ears , and she looked at them, then my head, then back at the headphones and smiled wryly.
Yep, I thought, these would barely fit my 6 yr old granddaughter.
I was wrong!
They don't sit across the top of the head. They sit snugly around the nape of the neck and cleverly have gaps for big ears like mine to fit through allowing the soft, squishy headphones to nestle perfectly over the centre of the ear.
Pairing these with other devices was simplicity itself.
Press and hold the multifunction button in the centre of the right earpiece for 7 seconds, a blue LED and a red LED will flash.
This means the headphones are now broadcasting their identity to all available nearby devices.
Choose the device you wish to attach wirelessly, be it iPad, android tablet, phone, or any other device with A2dp connectivity, and your headphones will be available in the list of Bluetooth devices on your chosen source.
A second later, they are paired.

Next came a rather remarkable surprise.
The sound quality!
As I admitted earlier, I'm a really picky fusspot over hifi, and particularly annoying when it comes to speakers and headphones. I've bought Sony and Sennheiser phones in the past and sent them back for being too poor in quality for the price.
"For the price" being the vital qualifier.
If you're expecting Bose or Sonos quality from these Bluetooth headphones for 15 quid, then you're a fool. But, if, like me, you're expecting them to be dull, flat, tinny, or muffled, with distortion at high volume and a woolly bass, then you're going to be very pleasantly surprised.
I tried them with a track called "now I'm here" by Queen... Its rock and bass heavy, but with sections where Freddie Mercury speaks out of different headphones. Clear definition between left and right.
I then tried them with a few tracks from Kate Bush - high range vocals were crystal clear and undistorted.
I then played some Kraftwerk , some Adele, a couple of drum n bass tracks.... Then a few Shostokovich pieces, a little Chopin, and finally, I gave them the "goosebumps" test..... The intro to Pink Floyd's "shine on you crazy diamond"
This being the track I ultimately measure my hifi equipment by. If it doesn't inspire goose pimples on my arms and neck, then the speakers aren't worth it.
These headphones passed the goosebumps test.
At full volume, if there is a lot of sound going on from numerous instruments, it gets a little... "Muddy" ... You can't define the sound sources well. This dissipates as you drop the volume a notch or two.
Gentle and quiet music is beautiful and clear.
So, for sound quality alone, these headphones are astonishing for the price.

Now for the rest of what they are.
Bluetooth saw ZERO dropouts at any extremes of our 3 bedroom house , 25-30 feet away with 4 walls between.
Snug fit with no sore ears or neck.
Battery life is also incredible. A full charge giving 15+ hours at full whack.
The right earpiece has volume control buttons, as well as skip buttons for forward and back tracking.
In the centre is the multifunction button that allows for call interception if you pair these with your phone.

I know I've talked quite a lot, so I will wind up now, but I must say... I'm not an Amazon Vine member. I don't get any goods I review for free like the Vine members do.... I pay hard cash just like everyone else. If an item is poor quality or poor value, I say so. If, like these headphones, they exceed all expectations, I will try to get across to other potential buyers just how good they are.

If you are looking for a set of wireless headphones and don't have a massive budget, then before you splash out 100 on a brand name set, try these for 15 quid. If you disagree with me and think theyre pants, then send them back, get a refund, and buy the Sennheisers.
If you agree with me, then I just saved you 85 , you owe me a fruit juice! ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Instructions if you need them, 2 Sep 2013
Matthew (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
I received my headphones with instructions in English, I noticed many reviews said they'd received theres' in Chinese so I hope I can help by re printing mine verbatim.
Obviously the headphones will need charging first so...

Battery and Charging:
A normal charging process takes about 2-3 hours. The red LED will turn on when charging and will turn off when charging is finished.
When the battery is nearly used up, the red LED will flash every 30 seconds and there is also a prompt from the handset.
Please make sure the battery has been fully charged and fully released at the beginning three times of use to ensure the battery best performance. [sic]

HOW TO USE:

To turn on the headset:
Press and hold the centre button for 3 seconds until the blue LED turns on for 3 seconds.

To turn off the headset:
Press and hold the centre button for 3 seconds until the red LED turns on for 3 seconds.

Pairing:
1- in the off state,press and hold the centre button for about 7 seconds until the red and blue LED flash alternatively.
2- Follow the operating instructions of your mobile phone to start the pairing process. Typically, this is done by going to a "Connect" or "Setup" menu, then switching on your Bluetooth capability and choosing the headset from the "found devices".
3- The mobile phone may then ask whether you are willing to connect your mobile phone with the headset, press "Yes" or "Confirm" to continue this action.
4- The mobile phone will then prompt you for a "passkey" or a PIN number. Enter 0000 and the devices will now be connected.

To Make A Call:
1- Use the mobile phone's keypad to dial the phone number.
2- Press the phone's "Send" or "OK" key. The phone initiates the call and transfers the call from the phone to the headset.

Redialling the last number:
Press and hold the centre button for 2 seconds to redial the last dialled number.

Voice Dialling:
It is possible to make a call directly from the headset using voice recognition.
1- Enable voice recognition function on your phone and set it to handsfree state.
2- Double-press the centre button on the headset and you will hear a "beep" prompt.
3- Say the name of the person you wish to call.

Answering a Call:
1: If there is an incoming call while you are listening to music, you will hear a "beep" prompt from the headset.
2: Just press the centre button once.

Refusing a Call:
When there is an incoming call, press and hold the centre button for 2 seconds until you hear a prompt the headset.

Ending a Call:
Just press the centre button once.

Switching the Call between Mobile and Headset:
In the call state, press and hold the centre button for 2 seconds until there is a prompt from the headset.

0 out of 157 people found this review helpful.

To report abuse click here

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth 2.1 Wireless Stereo Headphones, 6 Dec 2012
These are in one word .... Aewsome.... These are my second set of these, my first set which I used all the time for approx 4 years are a little worn now, still working fine though but at this price should have updated years ago. the sound quality, ease of wearing, ease of storage, light weight, easy connectivity and fantastic battery life (I work 10hr shifts and have them on all the time and they have never failed me)
Can not reommend these high enough. If I could give them 6 stars I would have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good., 10 Sep 2012
I'm an avid spoken-word podcast listener and I bought these headphones to use with my HTC Sensation mobile phone, while riding my bike. Because of the possibility of hearing damage from wind noise I use ear plugs, with these headphones over the top, and these have been the only 'phones I've had for some time that have sufficient volume to be clearly heard at speed. (The same on London Underground; I wear earplugs with the 'phones on top and am able to hear clearly almost all the time.) There's no problem with wearing a bicycle helmet either as the ear-units fall nicely between the straps. Volume, fwd/rev and phone answering is achieved by buttons on the right-side unit. These are easily operated even when wearing the chunky paintball gloves I wear when on the bike.

Sound quality is, for this price range, remarkably good. I sometimes listen to music and find the audio clear and surprisingly bassy, without making the overall sound "muddy" or booming. Same goes when on a call. They carry the speech very well, the built in mic on the left-side unit picking up your speech without the need to shout. I've not answered a call on the bike yet, but I can imagine that it would pick up some wind noise.

Maybe a little heavier than more expensive headphones, you can still forget you have them on after a while. The pads are comfortable and don't make me sweat, the neckband isn't too tight and they secure quite nicely over the ears.

The packaging states a 20hour life on a single charge. I've not run them flat yet, as I tend not to want them to fail when I'm out, but I think I've had a good 15 hours or so out of them before a recharge. They do seem to recharge fairly quickly from the supplied USB lead, either from a PC's USB port or a mains adaptor (not supplied).

I used to have a pair of Sony Bluetooth headphones that were about 60 new and you might expect their technology to be miles ahead of a set of sub-20 headphones. However, the Bluetooth range and operation compares favourably. Once paired with your mobile or PC (or whatever), as soon as you turn the headphones on there is a sequence of reassuring beeps as your device/headphones connect. A few seconds later and your audio transfers from the speakers to the 'phones. That easy. (Pairing entails simply turning on and holding the 'on' button a few seconds longer. In scan mode, if your PC asks for a code, it's 0000.)

Range is probably a reliable 15 - 20 feet (4.5 - 6 metres) indoors. Outside, without obstruction you may get more but such long range shouldn't be the reason you buy these things. Most likely, you'll always have the media player in your pocket, just a couple of feet away from the headphones. The range is dependant on things like having walls in the way, and most likely also battery charge. When going out of range there are some warning beeps that I find draw me back into range. I found that when connection is lost, they sometimes reconnect when getting back into range but at other times it's lost completely if I wait too long. This calls for turning off/on, then all's well again, although I don't doubt there may be an even easier way to reconnect. To date, I've never read the supplied instruction sheet.

I can find only two things that might bother an owner of these headphones. First, they won't win any fashion shows. I'm at the point in my life where I seek function over form (middle-aged), so it's not a big deal. Secondly, sometimes if I rotate my mobile phone it gets to a point where the headphones go dead; no beeps or out-of-range warning, just dead-quiet. Now, I'm sure that has to be an issue with my mobile phone design, rather than the headphones, but if the only way the phone sits comfortably in your pocket is in the 'blank spot', you sometimes have to choose a different pocket. Personally, I'm not so bothered. Maybe the pricier units incorporate an antenna system that gets over this.

These things are all over the internet under various brands and prices. Shop around. At less than 20 I really can't find serious fault. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what I wanted, 9 Nov 2013
Andrew Norman - See all my reviews
I use headphones whilst at the gym (to drown out the awful sync music they play) and was looking for something wireless hence avoiding a trailing cable. These fit the bill perfectly and last 5 or 6 visits between charges. Been using them for nearly 4 weeks now and no faults found.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain Bluetooth Find, 31 July 2012
Tried these headphones as I wanted to see how a Bluetooth setup for exercising would work, and I didn't want to spend a fortune on something that would potentially fail.

I was not disappointed. This headphones fit securely during jogging and cycling, and have a great sound, which nicely drowned out the crass europop my gym insists is motivational.

Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Keep cutting out, 27 April 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Award winning Bluetooth headset., 27 Aug 2013
I bought this headset to use with my iPad. They are wonderful. Firstly, they fold up in an ingenious way which turns them into a handful, easily slipped into pocket or purse.
Next, as with some Bluetooth devices they can become turned on whilst packed into a pocket or purse. Not so with these. To connect to Bluetooth simply press the centre of the earpiece until it glows alternate red and blue, it is now discoverable. To turn off simply press until red glow is achieved. Each press must be sustained for one or two moments and as such is unlikely to accidentally turn on.
Another aspect of these headphones, which I particularly like, is that the arm connecting the two ear speakers is designed to sit behind your head and is designed in such a way to do this with as little fuss as possible.
When a charge is required, rarely, the enclosed USB cable is utilised. A small rubber cover reveals a mini USB socket and full charge is achieved in minutes. I am unsure whether the headphones function during charging, the cable is literally 6 inches long so can be restrictive for use. The charge time and frequency of charge occasions are both so minimal that this should not really present an issue.
Now, the most important thing, VOLUME!!!!!!! THESE ARE LOUD!!! What?? From the headset control earpiece, as well as on/off and connect to Bluetooth, there is a four way switch, volume up/down and also track forward/backward.
There is a symbol of a handset on the control earpiece but I have not used them with my phone so I cannot comment on this use. As there is no obvious microphone I wonder how this would work.
All in all, for use with a music source or film/tv input these headphones are awesome and super pricing too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality product. Fanastic sound., 9 Aug 2012
A quality product. Good bass, battery life and comfortable.

Have now purchased a second pair as the other half tried them and would not give them back.

Delivery was very quick. You will not be disappointed.