5.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably powerful but completely silent, and not too hot!
Published 14 months ago by Kung Fu Panda

1.0 out of 5 stars Overheated
Published 9 months ago by y.mistry

5.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably powerful but completely silent, and not too hot!, 9 Jun 2013
This review is from: Asus AMD Radeon HD 7750 DirectCU Silent Graphics Card (1GB GDDR5, PCI Express 3.0, DVI-I, Display Port, DirectX 11.1, OpenGL 4.2, HDMI) (Accessory)
The key point of this card is the absence of fan noise. Having a very quiet system anyway, I was looking for a medium level graphics upgrade (I am not a big gamer). This card does the job nicely, and with connectivity for a good range of monitor interfaces. I currently use an Acer monitor which only has an analogue 15-way connector so I use that with the DVI to VGA adaptor supplied with this card. I had no issues with driver installation (I run Windows 7 64-bit Professional).

Edit (October 2013) - I just updated My motherboard from an elderly Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3 to an Asrock 990FX Extreme4, and CPU from a Phenom II 1100T to an FX8350. Everything still works just as before. Still very pleased with my purchase of this graphics card.

Edit (December 2013) - Adding some temperature information. One or two reviewers have complained that the card runs hot. No. I have minimal airflow in my system to keep noise low (I do audio work and need a near silent machine). The card idles at a reported 35 - 39 degrees. The card only gets very hot if I load the card up intensively (think 95 - 100% graphics processor loading with Litecoin mining, for example) and then the temperature gets into the 90s. A modest increase in the airflow from the case fan helps pull the temperatures back to the mid 70s even while fully loaded. I shall buy another of these cards.

1.0 out of 5 stars Overheated, 17 Nov 2013
So everything seemed normal at first, installing was a breeze but there was a problem. I noticed the temperature of the card was 72oc during idle having two monitors hooked up, I thought it might be normal for passive cards for I carried on. I started playing Skyrim with a few mods installed and a few minutes later the thermal diode failed, attempt two, started playing skyrim and checked the temps, the highest temp I saw was 120 before the thermal diode failed again. I then thought that the thermal paste might be seated wrong so I changed it for the arctic silver 5. The temperature decreased to 65oc average but during gaming it went up to 106oc which is crazy high. Its only skyrim so the temperature will be higher in other games which will cause a thermal diode failure again.

To conclude this passive cooler is a failure, it fails to successfully cool the card and it puts the rest of your pc at risk, it might even cause a fire.
Also due to coil whine(a electrical humming) it definitely isnt silent, in fact it might be more annoying then fans.

Im not risking it again buying a passive cooler(passive means no fan) so I got the saphire version of the card and that is 40oc idle and 55oc in gaming.

I guess fans are a lot more effective then I thought.

3.0 out of 5 stars Silent but slower than a 4870, 31 Aug 2013
i got this thinking it would be at least equivalent to my ageing radeon 4870 however games on the same settings run alot slower, will be looking for a proper upgrade after the 9000's are released.

its only saving grace it that the memory overclocked the the max, but the GPU cannot overclock without crashing a game.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with ASUS's own motherboard!, 14 May 2013
P. Beaumont (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought from Amazon and first card appeared to do nothing when plugged in so Amazon kindly replaced. 2nd card same problem.
Once plugged in to ASUS MB nothing happens for a couple of minutes, and then the windows boot screen appears (both Windows 7 and 8), so can't access the BIOS. Other video cards work normally with system. Once in Windows, seems to work fine for a while and then randomly just shuts off - better with IE than Chrome, and iplayer almost always crashes the card. Computer doesn't crash completely(as you can still access files remotely) but screen goes blank. All updates applied, but no luck.
ASUS customer service truly awful, but full marks to Amazon for accepting second return past 30 days!!