on 18 February 2014
I am very happy with my R4 ! , it is a really well made case which seems to withstand any abuse the case would come to. i have not built inside it yet but so far i am really happy with it due to the look and sound defining material inside the case (include around the power supply hole). although this case is very heavy and will not be a very good LAN party case due to the weight.
on 29 January 2014
Just swapped into this case today, only been using it for a few hours. The size of the case blew me away. It feels like it has doubled in size from my previous budget case sharkoon T9. Wiring was very easy as my older case had no room for wire management. If they were to bring out another of these cases i wish they would bring a real aluminium door and real chrome feet, not a big fan of plastic :P The quality of the case is very good and i am very pleased i brought it. I was expecting the case to be more quiet as my previous case was very cheap but it is only a little quieter. Excellent case!!

Edit - Found out that my optical drive was making all the noise because it had a disk in. Very silent and love the fan controller. Only thing that bugs me a little is that the front door is plastic, not a really cheap plastic but a little downfall to the overall of the case. My previous case was very small with a limit of 3 120mm fans. This case is taller and wider and you can have up to 7 140mm fans which is incredible. Very happy with the case :)
on 12 April 2014
This case was a pleasant surprise. In short, it's very good and seems well thought.

The highlights for me:
* Nice cable management, allows cables to run behind the motherboard and has enough space for that.
* Has holds for tidying the cables.
* Has a full set of screws. Really for everything.
* The disks are quiet (really). The rubbers make a huge difference.
* It has disk trays that can hold both SSD and rotational disks.
* All parts of the cage have a noise reduction material.
* It has a fan control switch that controls the fan speed. It can drive up to 3 or 4 DC fans (i.e. not PWM).
* The top holes are shut meaning that there won't be anything falling in the case if you don't install top fans.
* It has filters in most places which should reduce dust
* It's spacey
* It looks nice

The kind-of-cons:
* It looks big.
* It's heavy

If I was choosing the case again, I'd most probably be picking this one again unless I wanted something smaller.
on 25 February 2014
This case has amazing features and extremely quite. Apart from a small issue it had where the sound proofing came apart from the case, it was a quick fix with some headliner adhesive. The fans supplied with it also push a fair amount of air, but don't expect much. Very pleased though that even at 100% those fans don't make any noise at all.
on 21 April 2014
bought this for a new build was trying to avoid the multi color gaming cases that seem to be all the rage at the moment the case its self looks minimalist in kind of the way that apple products are looks good in my living room the only downside may be its size it is slightly bigger than i was expecting but that said its a great case
on 12 January 2014
This is a beautifully built case, everything feels solid and of real quality, I think this case will last. It is neat, and understated, unlikely many bling cases designs out there. The interior is excellent. There's hinged access to the top half of the hard drives (5 of the 8), all HDD slots have swapable trays, There's 2 DVD slots, a fan controller, channels for running cables neatly and a decent collection of screws and fittings. It has space for a power supply at the bottom, where I prefer to keep vibration down. There are multiple holes ready for fans, and one unit already installed.

This is a large case, much bigger than a standard PC case. I'm happy with that, it makes it easy to work inside and should aid airflow and cooling too.

One very minor niggle is some of screws to lock in the HDD swap racks don't fit the holes, but I haven't needed to use these anyway.
on 8 July 2013
I bought this case last week for my 3570k / HD7950 PC. It's bigger than I thought but the design is great, very simple, not flashy at all. You can't see the drives at the front, which I really like.

I've added a 3rd fan to this case, removed the additional 5-drive HDD tray to improve air flow (there is still room for 3 drives at the bottom) and overall it's performing great. It's very silent - not completely silent if you have an overclocked gaming machine, but noticeably quieter than my previous CoolerMaster entry-level case. The sound produced is muffled and not very noticeable.

The build quality is excellent, everything is very accessible and there is A LOT of room for components, cables and for the air to flow through the case.

Very good purchase, I'm really happy with it. If you're looking for a quiet case with minimalistic design, go for this one!
on 10 September 2013
This case is absolutely lovely. You'd have to be listening out for it to hear anything coming out of this case, even at a high load. The fans are nice and quiet and they keep it plenty cool. Cable management's a cinch thanks to the design; both side panels can be removed and there's a good half-inch or so of space to pack the cables into around the back. The HDD trays can be taken out if you want better airflow (if you're not running RAID or anything fancy). There's a removable dust filter at the bottom, too. The case light's a little bright if you're going to be running it at night; I've thrown a flannel over it since I'm too dumb to figure out how to turn the light off in the BIOS. That's literally the only complaint. Sturdy, quiet, cool, and good looking: everything a case should be.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 April 2014
Very, very happy with it. Very well built. Really silences the components inside and makes it very easy to assemble the components inside. The only reason i don't give it 5 Star is because the fans included are not PWM and are audible when at full speed.
on 25 October 2013
I brought this case mainly because it have sound absolvers all around the inside if the box , but I've never expected that the quality of construction to be this good. I have a Lian Li (as media center) that was more expensive that the R4, but the quality is inferior when compared to the R4. Also it's a beautiful box, with lots of room for cables and stuff, and the back panel have enough space to put your cables assembled.
About the noise, I must say that I have this box in the living room, and I can even play games silently while my while see a movie. No worries there!
I highly recommend this box if you are looking a silence box with low cost (when compared with others). Fractal Design have conquered me, and next time I need a box, I will take a look in theirs first.