5.0 out of 5 stars I have just seen the BAFTA preview screening and...
I loved this film. It is beautiful and visually striking, from the opening scence set atop an African mountain, to the contrasting scenes set in Zurich, Berlin and Cambridge. Set admist the turmoil of the great war, a story is told, not just of the greatest scientific discovery of our time, but also of human loss, love, humanity and courage. I admire the writer and...
Published on 29 Oct. 2008 by Suzi 2

3.0 out of 5 stars To short
This doco-movie could have been so much more than just one DVD; otherwise brilliantly acted and scripted but the characters did not get enough depth.
Published 8 months ago by B. Perham

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Well Done, 10 Feb. 2010
V. Huntwork (U. S. of A.) - See all my reviews
I adore David Tennant anyway, so he could sit there and just stare at the camera, and I'm cool with it!! LOL!! BUT! This movie was really very good. I live in the U.S. and we just don't get shows like this over here. I loved how it was a true story and the way they wove the story of the 2 men's lives together was exquisite. If you want a thoroughly enjoyable and educational movie with under themes of love, hate, prejudice and what it all means in this crazy, mixed up world....this is the movie for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant!, 6 Dec. 2008
Heartwrenching, heartbreaking, triumphant, totally engrossing story. Serkis and Tennant bring terrific writing to life, and it's beautifully filmed as well - the sense of time and place is remarkable. Not to be missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Einstein and Eddington, 13 May 2010
Ron Hadge - See all my reviews
Einstein `s ability to see, in his mind's eye, that which was invisible to all other humans, has amazed me from the 7th grade on, and that was in 1949. Perhaps even more amazing is that even after more than a half a century; I still can't perceive infinity, the relation of mass and energy, time and space. At least I'm not alone as evidenced by most of the people I know.
The Einstein and Eddington DVD has re-ignited my fascination with space and time. It is very well done. It does an excellent job of portraying all the facets of human thought and interaction about the most important discovery in the history of our species. It explains the science and also explains the political, sociological and ethnic components of introducing new information that is contradictory to current beliefs.
It has stimulated my re-watching of Carl Sagon's Cosmos and Contact movie (I'm reading the book too) and have begun researching Stephen Hawking's "stuff'.
I think it should be mandatory viewing for all Earthlings, especially if we want the planet to survive.
(Some DVD players have a problem with the recording format here in the USA.)

5.0 out of 5 stars A film I will watch again and again to understand what I have missed, 18 July 2011
K. A. Newton (North West England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I enjoyed this film.

I am particularly interested in Albert Einstein having read one or two biographies of him.

As everyone knows he was visiting the United States in 1933 when Hitler came to power and never went back.

He warned the heirarchy of the United States of papers he had left behind which could be used by the Nazis. An agent was sent to retrieve or destroy them and arrived on the very day that the books and papers of "that Jew" were being burnt in the street.

I must read more of what happened to him between the world wars.

Admittedly not a film for everyone.

Great Film, Great Actors, keeping my interest to the end in what could repeat could have been a boring subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blew my mind, 9 Feb. 2013
I'd always known that Albert Einstein was an unusual character and that there were depths to him and tragedy in his life that most people are unaware of. I knew, of course, of the distant relationship between Einstein and Eddington but none of the details and I knew nothing, really, of Eddington. This movie was touching and moving and inspiring. It made me do some reading about Eddington to flesh out the story for me.

The acting is superb, the story is riveting and I immediately formed a connection with the characters. Very well done. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, sensitive portrayal., 29 Jun. 2013
T. P. Cannon "Tim" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent portrayal of Eddington, an often rather overlooked figure. He played a key role in presenting evidence that some predictions of Einstein's very radical theories about space-time could be shown by astronomical observation. This caused a revolution in human understanding of the Universe, and changed science forever.

3.0 out of 5 stars To short, 5 July 2014
B. Perham (Brisbane, QLD, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Einstein & Eddington [DVD] [2008] (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 2 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Einstein & Eddington [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
This was a very interesting true story that i had not been previously aware of. The main characters of Einstein and Eddington were portrayed by fantastic actors Andy Serkis and the magnificent David Tennant. I chose this DVD because David Tennant was in it and once again he doesn't disappoint. The whole story was told beautifully exploring the very individual characteristics of each man as well as their scientific genius. Had it not been for Arthur Eddington we might never have heard of Albert Einstein. I would highly recommend this film.

4.0 out of 5 stars Einstein & Eddington, 5 April 2012
E. Lombard "Lizasaurus" (Melbourne, Victoria, AU) - See all my reviews
I bought this because I am a huge David Tennant fan and was not disappointed. David is an amazing actor and he is so adept at playing any character. I had never heard of Eddington until I watched this movie - as they say 'you learn something everyday'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and informative, 21 July 2011
Thoroughly enjoyed this. I didn't know much about the background to Einstein's work and had not heard of Eddington so found it very interesting, but also entertaining. Well acted and flows along at a nice pace.

Einstein & Eddington [DVD] [2008]
Einstein & Eddington [DVD] [2008] by Philip Martin (DVD - 2012)