5.0 out of 5 stars I have just seen the BAFTA preview screening and...
I loved this film. It is beautiful and visually striking, from the opening scence set atop an African mountain, to the contrasting scenes set in Zurich, Berlin and Cambridge. Set admist the turmoil of the great war, a story is told, not just of the greatest scientific discovery of our time, but also of human loss, love, humanity and courage. I admire the writer and...
Published on 29 Oct. 2008 by Suzi 2

3.0 out of 5 stars To short
This doco-movie could have been so much more than just one DVD; otherwise brilliantly acted and scripted but the characters did not get enough depth.
Published 10 months ago by B. Perham

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Well Done, 10 Feb. 2010
V. Huntwork (U. S. of A.) - See all my reviews
I adore David Tennant anyway, so he could sit there and just stare at the camera, and I'm cool with it!! LOL!! BUT! This movie was really very good. I live in the U.S. and we just don't get shows like this over here. I loved how it was a true story and the way they wove the story of the 2 men's lives together was exquisite. If you want a thoroughly enjoyable and educational movie with under themes of love, hate, prejudice and what it all means in this crazy, mixed up world....this is the movie for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant!, 6 Dec. 2008
Heartwrenching, heartbreaking, triumphant, totally engrossing story. Serkis and Tennant bring terrific writing to life, and it's beautifully filmed as well - the sense of time and place is remarkable. Not to be missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Einstein and Eddington, 13 May 2010
Ron Hadge - See all my reviews
Einstein `s ability to see, in his mind's eye, that which was invisible to all other humans, has amazed me from the 7th grade on, and that was in 1949. Perhaps even more amazing is that even after more than a half a century; I still can't perceive infinity, the relation of mass and energy, time and space. At least I'm not alone as evidenced by most of the people I know.
The Einstein and Eddington DVD has re-ignited my fascination with space and time. It is very well done. It does an excellent job of portraying all the facets of human thought and interaction about the most important discovery in the history of our species. It explains the science and also explains the political, sociological and ethnic components of introducing new information that is contradictory to current beliefs.
It has stimulated my re-watching of Carl Sagon's Cosmos and Contact movie (I'm reading the book too) and have begun researching Stephen Hawking's "stuff'.
I think it should be mandatory viewing for all Earthlings, especially if we want the planet to survive.
(Some DVD players have a problem with the recording format here in the USA.)

5.0 out of 5 stars A film I will watch again and again to understand what I have missed, 18 July 2011
K. A. Newton (North West England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I enjoyed this film.

I am particularly interested in Albert Einstein having read one or two biographies of him.

As everyone knows he was visiting the United States in 1933 when Hitler came to power and never went back.

He warned the heirarchy of the United States of papers he had left behind which could be used by the Nazis. An agent was sent to retrieve or destroy them and arrived on the very day that the books and papers of "that Jew" were being burnt in the street.

I must read more of what happened to him between the world wars.

Admittedly not a film for everyone.

Great Film, Great Actors, keeping my interest to the end in what could repeat could have been a boring subject.

4.0 out of 5 stars EINSTEIN AND EDDINGTON, 14 Mar. 2015
Jet Lagged - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Slightly romanticised but still good.

I have done this review today on Einstein's birthday, 14th March. A curiosity is that, in American chronology this is "3/14". But 3.14... is the number Pi. How strange.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good movie in our deformed days of American rubbish., 6 April 2015
This review is from: Einstein & Eddington [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
What a refreshing 89 minutes of drama science and cinematography. And do you still believe in Relativity? Well the whole dramatization of not politically correct Einstein's life and ordinary dedication of Eddington is still in the offing. How about to do Fritz Haber whose legacy we live every day not just through food and photosynthetic process but through our Mad Military industrial complex of manipulations by Monsanto and other mavericks . Movie not badly done but it has more blind spots for those who know a little back ground and artistic licence of events is rather liberal with reality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blew my mind, 9 Feb. 2013
I'd always known that Albert Einstein was an unusual character and that there were depths to him and tragedy in his life that most people are unaware of. I knew, of course, of the distant relationship between Einstein and Eddington but none of the details and I knew nothing, really, of Eddington. This movie was touching and moving and inspiring. It made me do some reading about Eddington to flesh out the story for me.

The acting is superb, the story is riveting and I immediately formed a connection with the characters. Very well done. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars A new vision, 10 May 2015
BM Edwards (Durban, South Africa.) - See all my reviews
While Einstein certainly opened the closed eyes and minds of the world of physics with his revelations about the nature of gravity, it is sad to see that Eddington's attachment to unproven dogma did not permit him to open his. The current more-enlightened ethos allows us to readily accept the evidence about the universe from, for example, the Hubble telescope and radio-astronomy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, sensitive portrayal., 29 Jun. 2013
T. P. Cannon "Tim" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent portrayal of Eddington, an often rather overlooked figure. He played a key role in presenting evidence that some predictions of Einstein's very radical theories about space-time could be shown by astronomical observation. This caused a revolution in human understanding of the Universe, and changed science forever.

3.0 out of 5 stars To short, 5 July 2014
B. Perham (Brisbane, QLD, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Einstein & Eddington [DVD] [2008] (DVD)

Einstein & Eddington [DVD] [2008]
Einstein & Eddington [DVD] [2008] by Philip Martin (DVD - 2012)