5.0 out of 5 stars A great collection, 12 Sept. 2010
Roy Norris (Madrid, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jackanory Junior [DVD] (DVD)
My daughters aged 6 and 9 loved this DVD and have asked for more. There is a good mix of traditional stories (Jack and the Beanstalk and others with Princesses and Kings etc) and more modern, including the 'Last of the Polar Bears' by the late, great Harry Horse, brilliantly read by Martin Clunes. Amanda Abbington had us in stitches with her many different voices reading The Bun Gun and Allan Ahlberg's 'The Woman who won things' is a great opening story, again well-read by Sophie Okondo. Just to correct the previous reviewer, each story lasts 13 minutes, which is a good length for holding children's concentration. Also strong in this respect are the stage sets, changing camera angles and animation, all judiciously added to good effect, guiding younger children through the stories without taking too much of the focus away from the storytellers. If your children like listening to stories on CD, but wish you'd let them watch more telly, this is a great compromise. We thoroughly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3 year old loves this DVD., 6 Mar. 2012
Yashin Ramdutt (Johannesburg, South Africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jackanory Junior [DVD] (DVD)
My son has watched these stories on CBeebies and I recorded just 3 stories for him to watch at bedtime. I inadvertently deleted his favourite (the Mousehole Cat) and I bought this DVD mainly because I was bored out of my mind watching the same 2 stories every night. The really good news is my son also loves this DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Jackanory Junior [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
Love these stories. Children engrossed