on 25 April 2012
I think this is a really good idea, but the sucker will not stay on the wall which is really annoying when it drops off in the middle of the night, that's why I have only given it 4 stars.
on 26 February 2013
I have a bad habit of spending too long in the shower. This thing sorted out that problem.

Simple and easy to use/ set up. One person moaned about having to clibrate using the plastic bag - I dont get what the issue was. i set it up on my own within minutes.

Not had any problems with the sucker, as other people have complained about, its been on the wall a month and not budged. I also have it tied to the shower incase it ever fails.

A wee bonus is that it tells me the time when i get in and out of the shower, so I can tell how ahead or behind schedule I am.

A great wee thing & would be amazing if you had kids. I can imagine the competitions to see who could have the fastest shower!!
on 18 November 2014
NOTE: FIRST ONE SENT BACK BECAUSE IT DIDNT WORK, WAS GOING TO SEND BACK BUT SELLER SENT ME AN EMAIL INFORMING THE BATTERY NEEDED TO BE CHANGE. SELLER WAS PROMPT IN RESPONSE AND A SPARE BATTERY HAD ALREADY BEEN PROVIDED BY THEM IN THE PACK.

Product:
Works well and is clear on the display.

In order to calibrate dont bother with the bag,its way to much of a faff on and basically it just measures a litre, just measure a litre of water in a measuring jug.

Down side is you can't stop and reset the timer once started. It has a clock but not a stop watch so if you want to know how long you've been in the shower you have to work it out.

Overall though its pretty good
on 23 June 2015
There are so many problems with this it's hard to know where to start! In summary:

- Very fiddly to use - cryptic buttons that appear to do quite different things from what you would expect
- Hard to do basic things such as set the time
- Easy to reset the settings
- Battery storage is not waterpoof (quite a flaw!)
- Awkward to measure the water in the plastic bag provided
- Depending on your reason for purchase, the main focus of the display is on how much water you're using, I wanted something that also clearly showed the time, this does not
on 1 March 2014
Pro's
- received on time
- quick help/feedback by reseller
Cons
- didn't work the first time, solved after contact with reseller.
- calibration tool is very poor and clumsy. You'll have to fill a bag (included) with water. Holding the bag, shower head, turning on the water,pressing the start button, watching the calibration line en press the start button in one time... it's not very user-friendly
- i'm missing a pause button, i stop using water during shampooing or soaping.
on 23 June 2014
Had ours for just over a month; very simple device, works fine but if you buy one DO NOT put it anywhere near the shower as it is NOT water resistant. Ours broke after 5 weeks; you could see the water had got inside the battery compartment. I was going to send it back but it has since dried out and is working again.

The device will work ok as long as it doesn't get too wet but that's not the point. The point is the device is NOT water resistant and should not be advertised as such!
on 17 December 2010
I really liked this item when I tried it, but unfortunately it only lasted for one shower. The sucker didn't attach to the tiles very well, the children accidentally knocked it off and the LCD display smashed. The timer does still work but it's not much use without any display.
HOWEVER, the sellers got back to me incredibly quickly and are sending me a replacement. Top marks for their customer service and I will hang the next one in the shower by the cord, which is enclosed with the product.
on 24 January 2013
I wanted to get a timer as a more direct way to show the children just how much excessive time (and therefore water) they spend in the shower - and to give them something to aim for. I have a 9 year old who seems to think that the main purpose of having a shower is to provide an uninterrupted location for singing and dancing!

This timer was very simple to set up and program with the included bag to get a flow rate rate for the specific shower being used, so as well as the time spent showering you can tell the water consumption as well if you're interested. After setting it once with the desired countdown time, nothing more needs to be done except for pressing one button to start the timer and the same button again to stop it. Very useful that it remembers this countdown time setting as I suspect anything more complicated to do at the start of the shower (like setting the timer amount) would soon end up in the too-much-hassle pile. Simplicity is good!

Many people before me have written about the fairly useless suction cup on the timer, so I'll not labour that point. Simply to say, that is the reason for knocking a star off the rating. Thankfully a lanyard is also included, so I just use this to hang it in the shower cubicle.
on 14 December 2012
Although a very simple idea, this gadget is good for making you more environmentally aware. I used to find myself daydreaming in the shower, especially if it was a cold morning and the water was nice and warm. It was only when I used this gadget that I realised I was using over 100 litres of water per shower. Now, I keep all showers under 4 minutes (which is surprisingly easy if you don't daydream) and use under 35 litres each shower.

Even my girlfriend who is very wasteful with water sets this gadget when she has a shower. She doesn't often shower in under 4 minutes but at least if the timer is running and there is a beep at the end she is more aware of how long she is taking.

The gadget is very easy to set up, it's just a case of pressing some buttons and filling a bag with water from your showerhead. I would recommend this to anyone. Even if you don't particularly care for conserving water, you can save yourself some money on your bills - this gadget would pay for itself in a matter of weeks.
on 26 April 2011
As other reviewers have said, use the fabric strap. Don't rely on the sucker as it will fall off! This really does focus the mind on how much water you're using. One minute you could've used almost nothing, the you start to day dream and before you know it you've used 35 litres. A great gadget for the eco conscious and price conscious.