5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Cracking Collection, 7 May 2012
Picked this one up, as a short story fan, and was gripped from the first line in story one to the last line of story ten! There are twists in every tale and each one left me a satisfied reader. I think there are six? authors who have supplied stories for this compilation and each one brings a unique narrative voice to the table. This is well written, intelligently put together and cracks along at a furious pace. This is one of those rare gem's that I will read again and again.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Twists Galore, 7 May 2012
Tortured Hearts is a collection of well written, cleverly crafted short stories with a common theme - heartbreak. The tales are full of twists that engage you and catch you unawares making them a genuine thrill to read. With varying styles, each individual author draws you into their story like a mermaid beckoning sailors onto the rocks, only with far more horrifying endings!

For 77p this book is excellent value and I eagerly await volume 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 2 Jun 2012
This one had me begging for more! Tortured hearts is a must for every fan of the short genre. Each story is very engaging and a well written piece, with the whole collection of 10 short stories leaving me wanting even more. I found myself with one eye on the percentage counter and the closer I got to 100% the more I wanted the stories to continue. I await with baited breathe for volume 2. These short stories are written by 6 different authors, the 10 stories are gripping from start to finish and stay with you for some time. The story that really did it for me was 'A mothers love' by Paul Murphy. With excellent writing and a current subject matter the whole piece left me with a truly unexpected twist and a feeling of pathos which has brought me back here a week later. Also AJ Armitt's, 'Daddy's Girl' comes in for similar praise from me. Both these stories leaped off the page in their dynamic exploration of the family unit. Both come from unique perspectives as do the other stories and i wholeheartedly recommend this excellent read to anyone and everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, lingering collection of short stories!, 13 May 2012
I'm a massive fan of short stories, but this collection is the best I've read for a long time! Each one is a gem, totally absorbing from start to finish, with a hard raw edge that unsettles and lingers for a long time after! I await the second one eagerly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthralling, 10 May 2012
Every one of these stories are enthralling and entertaining, keeping your attention with their quick pace and exceptionally well thought out twists.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tortured hearts, 26 Jan 2013
This review is from: Tortured Hearts - Twisted Tales of Love - Volume 1 (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed this book
Well worth the read
Will definitely be reading the others in this series, as soon as possible

5.0 out of 5 stars Some classic tales to chill and teach, 5 Sep 2012
There are some truly classic tales here.

I would issue a warning straight away that a number of them are not for the faint-hearted (I am known for my violent battle scenes and yet I quailed at a few things in this collection).

That doesn't however, stop them being eminently readable. I consider the highlights to be Threads of Love by Rachel Dove, which stood out for me, and A Mother's Love by Paul Murphy that left me stunned.

They're bite-sized stories told by some exceptional storytellers and I urge you to have a try and see if you want to buy (I suspect you will)

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood, guts and drama - Tortured Hearts, 31 May 2012
Ten nicely written and entertaining short stories about love ... but love that is a little different, a little more determined than most of us have known. The blood splashes, the knife slashes, and there's a gun in there too. Revenge is the name of the game - but does it bring relief to the vengeful? That's something we have to decide for ourselves. A very good read - I look forward to volume 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 19 May 2012
Absolutely brilliant!! The authors manage to capture and engage the readers from start to finish but all in their own unique ways. Each story left me wanting more and unable to stop reading. Very much looking forward to a volume 2!

ARRAY(0xa55c2c0c)