5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Kundalini Yoga with Maya Fiennes - A Journey Through the Chakras: Wisdom and Bliss [DVD] (DVD)
This is an excellent set of yoga dvds which I wouldn't be without. Kundalini Yoga is a very different and more energetic style of yoga to that typically taught in classes. The instruction is clear and I like the fact that Maya explains the benefits of many of the exercises. I drive to and from work and am sat down most of the day and although I have done aerobic exercise fairly regularly over the years, I have not done anything to improve my flexibility and suppleness. I was amazed at how inflexible I was at first and how difficult some of the positions were, but over time I have become much more flexible and generally feel much better in myself as a result. Definitely worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars More style than substance, but still good results, 21 April 2014
Finn Jackson (Farnham, England) - See all my reviews
I've had the three box sets that make up "A journey through the chakras" for just over six months now and have been using them almost daily during that time.

For style I give five stars: the hair, makeup, costumes and music are immaculate.

For substance, the yoga, I give only three stars: Maya does not always follow her own instructions, and her description of 'Breath of Fire' as "Just like sniffing" is misleading at best. ('Sniffing', to me, is an in-breath, whilst Breath of Fire is structured around an out-breath. So if you don't already know how to do Breath of Fire, do an online search before you start this DVD.) Also the camera work sometimes seems more interested in getting an 'artistic' angle of Maya's body than it is on providing a shot that shows you how to do the pose. So, only three stars for the yoga.

But having said that, following these DVDs almost daily for just over six months has made a real difference to me. I lost around five kilos (11lbs) in just a few weeks and have kept it off and maybe lost a bit more since. I am also now feeling healthier and better in myself. I started by cycling through the seven chakras one per day for a week. Now I find it is suiting me better to repeat each chakra for three days before moving on to the next. And even though I still can't do some of the poses at all (Why no instructions for "If you find this difficult then just..." ??) on the great majority of positions I find I have made very good progress. And this DVD has made that possible.

So, very good (and four stars) for results.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this series, 9 July 2013
I have all her cds and dvds. They are great for solo practice and for working on different areas of your persona. Having the chakra system as a great structure to follow

4.0 out of 5 stars A Superb Journey through the 6th & 7th Chakras, 22 April 2014
Lunar Shine "Moon Shadow" (Dorset) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I just love the Mayer Fienes Kundalini Yoga exercises.

I have been using the Wisdom & Bliss DVD's on a daily basis, alternating between the two and as a result I have edited my original review and increased the score to 4 stars.

I really enjoy the pace of both these DVD's and how they are split into 3 parts, Warm Up, Kryias and Meditation. The end result is quite powerful. I would have given this DVD 5 stars if there had been a little more explanation of each Kryia i.e. what each move does, just as Maya does in the "Kundalini Yoga to Detox & De-Stress" DVD which I use once a week. Throughout that DVD Maya tells you the benefits of each Kriya as you work through them. In this DVD, she doesn't really speak much at all other than telling you which pose you are about to do. I think this DVD was produced by Body in Balance which is a different production company to the Kundalini Yoga Detox & De-Stress DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kundalini yoga with Maya Fiennes., 17 Mar. 2014
Can't get the star system to work but I love all Maya Fiennes DVD (journey through all the Chakras)
Wish I had started doing this type of yoga years ago. I can't recommend it enough. Some of it is very challenging but if you are sensible and progress to your own ability it's fine. Love to do it on getting up in the morning it sets me up for the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing, 20 Nov. 2012
Maya fiennes yoga has been a life changing experience for me. The simplicity of her presentation of each of these double boxed sets DVDs makes it so easy for a beginner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Collection of Dvd's, 10 Mar. 2015
This is a great collection of dvds. They are wonderful in every way. They have helped me with my confidence, stress, depression and other struggles. I can honestly say I feel I am a much happier and balanced person since using these. Some of the moves are also a little challenging you also burn calories the whole time while toning your body. I dont have a single negative thing to say about Maya or her chakra collection. I have her full chakra collection and but I personally think this is the best two dvds of the collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 12 Jun. 2014
Maya has a lovely way about her that makes you want to give your all. I'm really glad I found out this practice through her. Absolutely love these and do them daily. Would highly recommend, especially for anyone wanting to develop a habit of daily mantras with their Kundalini Yoga practice

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Sept. 2014
I love mayas yoga. Its fun, energetic but also makes you focus and meditate. great teacher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Jan. 2015
Love Maya Fiennes dvd's, all moves explained really well.