on 25 March 2016
Disappointed, same recipes as all other slow cooker books. Plus preparation needed before placing in the slow cooker.
on 19 December 2012
I bought this book some time ago, and I absolutely love it. It has such a variety of recipes not just those you would expect for a slow cooker (e.g Chinese beef, sweet & sour chicken, piri-piri chicken - all these I recommend!). I've loved coming home to some really varied and tasty meals and friends have always been impressed when I've served the dishes up. Yes there's a bit of preparation to do but it doesn't take long, and it's certainly worth it for the finished result.
It also has some great pudding ideas (the chocolate custard pots are divine!). I liked book this so much I also bought Cara's Ultimate Slow Cooker Favourites: Over 100 easy and delicious recipes - which is just as good.
It's really well laid out, with great pictures and very easy to follow. A really great book for these busy times we live in - no more slaving for hours in the kitchen for really tasty modern home cooked food waiting for you when you get in from work or wherever...
Highly recommended!
on 27 November 2012
This gives a new slant to slow cooking with a good variety of dishes to suit most tastes. My Mum loves it.
on 9 February 2013
good quality book with easy to follow recipes, I would recommend this book to any body with a slow cooker.
on 14 February 2010
its a fine book but for me there was just a bit too much "browning off in the pan" prior to putting the ingredients in thge slow cooker. My slow cooking aim is to bung it all in in the morning, set the time and head off to work..I don't necessarily want to spend time browning onions at 7.00am. But having said that it has some good slow cooker rules for first timers and the recipes are good and I have used as many as I would use out of a normal cookbook.
on 14 March 2010
Well satisfied with the Slow Cooker Cookbook. The recipes are simple to follow and the results delicious.
on 20 February 2010
This is certainly my favourite out of my slow cooker recipe books. It is small enough to fit into my handbag- which means I can take it shopping with me and choose in the supermarket what to eat. I find it really exciting as it has recipes from different corners of the world, as well as traditional staples with a kick. Every single recipe was easy to prepare and loved it! It is a very well thought out book, because it describes a range of different recipes. I use it as a basis to make up my own and be creative with it. Let's be honest you only need one recipe on how to make risotto in a slow cooker- you can then adapt it to all the million different risottos that Jamie, Delia and co have ever dreamt up. Similarly for gravy based and tomato based stews as well as deserts.

Many recipes are certainly good enough to offer to guests as dinner. Each meal has turned out wonderfully, I have swung the ladle before but I am far away from a kitchen goddess!
It was the first cookbook I ever owned to explained how to make a decent curry from scratch (massaman curry). This cookbook is for people who don't just want to tip the content of jars into the slow cooker and turn it on. You will need some standard spices (except for one recipe), some fresh ingredients and stock cubes, perhaps some fresh herbs. Nothing you cannot buy in my regular supermarket, boy will you be rewarded! I found the recipes minimum fuss and we are eating decent food, which is waiting for us when we get home.
We are totally addicted to the curry recipe, chocolate custard and boyfriend loved the veggie Northafrican twist chickpea curry.
on 1 March 2015
A good companion book to go with your Slow Cooker (if you have one of course!) I find it v. useful.
on 11 January 2016
Great book, in my mind better than the first from this author. Very easy to follow.
on 15 June 2015
I've tried a few of the recipies and their really nice cant wait to try some more