4.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the price

Published 14 months ago by Albert Prince

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the price, 31 July 2013
This review is from: Vivitar Vivicam X035 ( 10 MP,2.2 -inch LCD ) (Electronics)
Considering the price, this isn't a bad little camera. It's a little hit and miss on quality - some of the pictures came out blurry and often there was quite a delay between clicking to take the picture and it actually taking so be aware not to move your camera straight away or you'll end up with a picture that you thought was of a concert stage and ends up of the person in front's back! Having said that, the majority of pictures I took on a recent trip to Poland were very reasonable and fair quality. I needed something quick and cheap after my much better and more expensive camera got broken and I was a little concerned about how it would fair but actually I was pleasantly surprised. It's compact, if you use decent batteries it won't wear them out straight away (I used the camera everyday for 6 days and didn't have to change the batteries at all - it still has some power now) and for taking a few "memory snaps" it does the job just fine. If you're looking for a high end, professional camera this is obviously not the one for you but it pretty much does what it says on the tin and for £25 it's hard to complain about minor faults!

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, 11 Nov. 2013
Albert Prince (London UK) - See all my reviews
This is a useless camera. No focusing mechanism other than walking back and forwards. There is not even a section on focusing in the pathetic manual. Pictures are poor quality colour and grainy as well as usually out of focus. I am used to canons which are light years ahead of this junk. It is worth paying more for a real camera. Only buy this if like to waste your money. Vivitar never again. Would not even give it to a charity shop no in the bin with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars camara, 17 Feb. 2014
This was an excellent purchase and I am very pleased with it it was a replacement for my old camera which had seen better days

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, 22 Aug. 2014
Great little camera, does everything I want it to do. Great value. Had Sony digital camera for long time but this one beats it hands down. Thank you. Pete.

2.0 out of 5 stars battery muncher, 2 Dec. 2013
Mr. S. M. Collins (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vivitar Vivicam X035 ( 10 MP,2.2 -inch LCD ) (Electronics)
This is my third Vivitar camera and, alas, like the other two, it consumes batteries in an unacceptable way. Well under 100 pictures did for a set of alcalines. This happened three times and with different makes of battery.
Very few products take loose batteries. I tried rechargibles and less than 50 pictures were produced. I am tempted to think that it's the power-up and power-down which exhausts the power.
Finally, as noted by another reviewer some pictures come out blurred and those taken with poorish light don't get "rescued" in the way of most other cameras.
I once took a camera to the Vivitar head office - they were unable / unwilling to help me nor to note my observations.

5.0 out of 5 stars vivicam, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Vivitar Vivicam X035 ( 10 MP,2.2 -inch LCD ) (Electronics)
i bought this camera because i used to own one before, i had it for about eight years and it was easy to use and reliable, it also took pretty good snaps for a cheapo camera but it was damaged in an argument with a motorbike so when i saw this one advertised at a good price i thought , well why not ,so i bought it and found to my delight that it's so much better than my old vivitar and just as user friendly.. many thanks ,great value for money..glenn.

2.0 out of 5 stars Might be tolerable if it held a charge, 2 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Vivitar Vivicam X035 ( 10 MP,2.2 -inch LCD ) (Electronics)
I've had this camera for quite a while now. The shame is, I never use it. This camera hasn't been able to stay on more than a few minutes, 10 at the max. Every set of fresh batteries I use is dead in a matter of minutes. I have yet to attempt the rechargeables, but other reviews have not been encouraging. It might be a reasonable camera if you only need to take one picture at a time, though I'm certainly not impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camera, 9 Jan. 2014
L. C. J. Churchward (United Kingdon) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my grandson as a Chrstmas present. Very disapointed as the card was not included so he could not use, and a seven year old would be upset not to be able to use it, I had no idea about this as I would have made sure he can use it there and then

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this camera, 17 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Vivitar Vivicam X035 ( 10 MP,2.2 -inch LCD ) (Electronics)
I like this camera, but unfortunately it had to be returned as there was no logo on the front of the camera. I received the replacement item before I even had a chance to send the original item back but a great looking item

3.0 out of 5 stars This camera does not perform very well up against my ..., 19 Aug. 2014
David Baker (Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vivitar Vivicam X035 ( 10 MP,2.2 -inch LCD ) (Electronics)
This camera does not perform very well up against my Nikon - but what should I expect for a fraction of the price? One must hold the camera VERY still when taking pictures or you will get very shaky results

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Vivitar Vivicam X035 ( 10 MP,2.2 -inch LCD )