5.0 out of 5 stars Premium compact at a cracking price
The LX-7 has been out a while now (it came out late 2012 and was about £450 at release)
Fast forward to 2014 (and I expect an updated model to arrive shortly)

I've used the LX-7 for a few weeks (borrowed from a friend) and I feel it's a very decent (though by no means perfect) good quality compact. You just don't normally get this kind of camera at a price...
Published 12 months ago by Mr Baz

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I bought the LX7 to replace an LX5 which replaced an LX3 so have experience with them all. The LX7 produces very sharp images and is easy to use. It's user interface is well laid out and logical. As with previous models the Q menu is also very handy for quick access.
With the new lens the LX7 enables users to produce blurred background shots with ease and is a marvel...
Published 19 months ago by Mr. Donald M. Mackinnon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 58 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful little stills/video camera, 9 Feb. 2013
old dude (lancashire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix LX7 Digital Camera with LEICA F1.4 Summilux Lens - Black (10.1 MP, 3.8x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD (Electronics)
Length:: 0:52 Mins

Sorry this isn't a close examination of the camera itself; I thought a sample of video I've shot might be useful. The video performance of the LX7 is, I think, particularly impressive. This is a sample done under quite challenging pub lighting. The built-in mic does creditably well also...though it helps the mic that in this case the audience were stunned into unaccustomed silence. The LX7 actually does slightly better than my Panasonic X900 shooting in the same venue a few weeks ago.

PS Looks like the compression processing on Amazon video reviews makes the definition of the sample less impressive than it might have been but the comparison with the X900 almost speaks for itself. Other than that the camera is a worthy successor to my LX3 with the 1.4 lens making a crucial difference in low-light capability - doesn't make DSLRs redundant but seems unbeatable as a compact everyday (and night) shot-grabber...at least til the LX9 (?) is released ;) . If you feel the Amazon price is a bit steep, you can get £100-off on ebay ! Almost forgot the fiddly lens-cap...as others have recommended, fitting a JJC or Maxsima automatic replacement is the inexpensive and very effective solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 31 Jan. 2014
This really is a great camera and I won't repeat the other good things people have said here. If you want a good review you can google " Lumix LX7: Or how I learned to give up my Canon 7D " - which pretty much was the deciding factor for me to buy this camera.

Pro's for me: Low light photo's are amazing, the iA is excellent versus my last Lumix, pop up flash is great because it is only up when I want to use it, not accidental like older Lumix with the digital buttons, the scenes are great for intended use or effects, some of the control such as autofocus, display menu is well laid out (or is that because I have had other Lumix camera's?), recording is so fluid and sharp, excellent colour vs older Lumix, burst is really fast, aperture / exposure settings have allowed me to get some great effects that I've desired.

Cons for me: short zoom, aperture etc may take some users a little while to get use to and has caught me out a few times, short zoom, all the camera cases are ugly in my opinion, short zoom, filter compatibility, short zoom ... did I mention short zoom? That's the biggest bug bear for me.

I am considering getting a TZ40 just for telephoto to compensate for this though

the Like any camera it has its downsides

5.0 out of 5 stars quality camera, 24 Aug. 2013
neat, light but most of all this camera has an excellent lens and is a really practicable solution for us

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pocket Camera, 17 Jan. 2013
JJ (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
I am really happy with this camera, it does a great job. The lens is really fast, and still has a fair depth of field even when set to 1:1.4 . The range of features is fantastic for a compact camera and the build quality is excellent but best of all is the picture quality. A friend of mine (who is no mean photographer) thought that some images had been taken with my Canon 7D, even though they were taken with a compact!

I do have a few slight niggles with the overall package like the shortness of the connecting cable, the shortness of the lead on the battery charger and I'm not a fan of the Silkypix software that comes with it. As someone used to Canon products, this is a real step down. That said, I can't fault the camera itself; it's wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent quality for the price, 11 Mar. 2014
I am very impressed by the quality, especially at the given price!

If you are looking for a very small wide angle camera with a 1.4 aperture, this is the one. Build and picture quality are outstanding, videos are excellent and the slowmotion feature is very nice indeed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good choice, 12 Feb. 2013
This is the first camera that I have purchased at a high price but reviews showed it satisfied what I required. The high aperture lens captures scenes in low light & there are many features which I have yet to explore as the 'Intelligent Auto' setting is good. I had to buy an externally mounted automatic lens cover which the manufacturer would do well to consider as part of the design. It was not easy to remove the existing lens screw cap - some prior thought about it had to be given & care taken to not do any damage.

5.0 out of 5 stars LX7 compact Camera, 22 July 2013
could only be improved by having a reasonably small set of instructions. The disc supplied is not much use when you are far away from home and computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant camera, 3 Mar. 2013
Brilliant camera, does everything I need in a compact camera, superb results. The f1.4 lens is ideal for portraits and close ups of flowers etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous camera, 10 Jun. 2013
It may not have the headline grabbing numbers for zoom and pixels, but you are paying for the optics not the gimmicks. (The lens Watson)
And, it takes absolutely lovely pictures. Especially good for close-ups, it will take a picture with the lens almost touching the subject.

I haven't explored all of it's features yet but you can take full control of all aspects.

I like the look too, it looks like a camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to use, 22 May 2014
P. Osborne "P Osborne" (England) - See all my reviews
I am professional photographer using Nikon DSLRs. This is a keep in the pocket camera for me. I love it. The lens is fast, and the wide angle a joy to shoot with - those fundamentals make this a real delight to shoot with. The lumix handling of low light is much better than of old so you can push the ISO a little further. Yes it can't compete with the gain of the Nikons but it can cope with a lot of low light situations.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 58 | Next ›