5.0 out of 5 stars An updated and much improved FZ48!
I already own the FZ48 & am impressed with it's performance but could not resist buying the new FZ62. I was initially concerned about the increase from 12MP to 16MP with such a small processor but my doubts proved to be short-lived. The new CMOS sensor performs brilliantly with increased low light performance, accurate colour reproduction & excellent IQ. The addition of...
Published 19 months ago by S. Kent

3.0 out of 5 stars New model adds little
This is a good bridge camera which replaces the FZ48 but note that HD video recording is still 1080i/720p not the full 1080p/50fps you get on the FZ150 and FZ200 and there is no option to connect an external microphone for much improved sound recording. It is cheaper and more compact than an equivalent DSLR but note that the sensor is smaller.

There is very...
Published 18 months ago by DaveT

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars FZ62, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Panasonic Lumix FZ62 Bridge Camera - Black (16.1MP, 24x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD (Electronics)
This camera provides an excellent quality picture and is easy to use especially in automatic mode but it also has the capability to be used in many other formats including video and as such I consider it excellent value for a bridge camera and would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the buy, 19 Jan 2013
I have the FZ28 version and love it but decided on the upgrade to this model . Its well worth the upgrade. A well made and very easy camera to use with plenty of functions for various levels of Photographer.

5.0 out of 5 stars great camera, 11 Jan 2013
Treated myself to this to replace an aging point and click camera and so glad I did. Its very intuitive and really good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Lumix FZ62, 11 Jan 2013
Excellent camera for the money! Very good zoom, photos of great quality. Battery charges fast and allows for lots of pictures!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very much an ametuer, 8 Jan 2013
We're liking this camera it's so versitle you can use it as a point and click or if you want to get fancy you can use some of the settings. Could do with a paper copy of the full instructions as they are on disk and if you want to check something while you're out and about you can't. Also I'd suggest getting a decent camera bag to protect it and a high capacity SD card. Delivery was a little slow was supposed to turn up Friday but didn't turn up till Monday but that might have been due to weather conditions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, great value., 24 Dec 2012
Easily achieves wonderful results on 'auto', and offers a huge range of technical features for exploring professional and artistic possibilities under a wide range of conditions, all for a surprisingly low cost.

1.0 out of 5 stars What else can you buy? Something more reliable., 11 Sep 2012
UPDATED 23/7/2013
After only 8 months of light use I sometimes have problems with turning it off without taking out the battery.
Problems with C1 program, it always defaults to Movie mode, impossible to change it.
Similar problems with Zoom, sometimes works sometimes not, when it fails again take out battery then replace.
I am in touch with both Panasonic and Amazon about returning it under guarantee.
I still have a 7 year old Olympus fortunately no such problem.

UPDATED 2/10/2012
I agree with the other reviewer/writer it has excellent features, too many without a manual to hand, also too many menus.
Without actually looking at the rear buttons before shooting it is easy to hit the wrong one/button during use, especially the AF/AF closeup/MF button, sometimes I manage to touch one by mistake in use & I don't have an enormous thumb! The red movie button on the top seems eratic both beginning & stopping a movie, sometimes does not work for me so I prefer to use the main dial for movie mode, also the on/off lever feels as if 1 day it will snap!
Since writing the above I have definitely found the buttons on the back a problem, touching them without trying, & the design of the body with a space for your thumb.........you need deformed hands to use it, that's probably why I touch the buttons accidentally, the auto focus does not focus on the object always, sometimes on something in front of it to the side instead, I've tried changing the focus modes to no avail.
OTHER GRIPES...............NO MOVABLE SCREEN, also the lens cover..............problems getting off & on!
The zoom lens works well in low light, & now have made good movies & shot reasonable photos in Auto mode. The stills are OK but I expected more, especially using the Zoom the camera does not auto-focus well in my opinion. Another big gripe as has been stated in all reviews is the lack of any extended time mode. I used to like shooting the night sky, also movement of speed shots, not possible at all.
I have owned 2 Olympus cameras previously & both were better thought out body-wise, also allowed night shots etc.
I did think about sending it back but shall continue in my quest for excellence because what else is available?
So to sum up..........
GOOD
Value for money & features compared with competitors, I spent days researching them all.
Has a viewfinder.
Some/most photos are good.
Movies.
Battery life.
BAD
Stills focusing. On one menu option it has various so-called focus points outlined together, who wants that, I just want to focus on the main object?
If I could I would post examples but not sure you can with comments?
No extended exposure.
Instructions.
UGLY
Body design & button placement.
Panasonic website/sites, although they do respond quickly.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good bridge camera, some annoying cost savings, 25 Jun 2013
I bought it to replace my DMC-FZ18 which had developed a few problems, although still usable for low-zoom pictures.

Mostly it is very good, as other reviews will attest, although not fully sharp at maximum zoom in moderate and low light.

Some annoyances:
Manual (220 pages) now only on PDF. I used to carry the manual around with me so that I could learn some of the subtler features as I needed to use them.
No lens hood. Fortunately I had one of the right size from an old SLR lens.
Very short cables. Fortunately the connector types are fairly standard, so other, longer, cables can be substituted.

4.0 out of 5 stars First Bridge Camera, 5 April 2013
This is the first bridge camera I've owned. I like it very much, but don't have the experience to judge it against its peers. Good viewfinder, clear controls, nice zoom. Bigger than my previous point and shoot cameras, but not too hefty. So far, very good!

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't know much about camera, but I do like it., 19 Mar 2013
Bought it for my husband for our 1st anniversary. This is his first "proper" camera for him to start learning how to take photographs like a pro. Both he and I are pleased with the quality of the camera. There are so many professional reviews on this camera on the internet, nearly everyone's given it at least 4 stars out of 5 and they are not telling a lie!

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›