5.0 out of 5 stars Not Sure Who Wrote It But It's Great
Still reading this but when I tried to add it on Goodreads, it was listed under another author-Anne Moore-and it's the same story as the description on the cover pictured is right. On here it's only listed under Michael Allen. So I'm confused !!

Published on 1 Jan. 2013 by Lynda Kelly

3.0 out of 5 stars no lasting impression
Read this a few weeks ago to tell the truth I can not recall the story, one of the joys of being dezlexic!
Published on 15 April 2013 by Mrs. P. V. Gregory

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Sure Who Wrote It But It's Great, 1 Jan. 2013
Lynda Kelly "Lynda" (Shipton Bellinger, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Topp Family Secrets (Kindle Edition)

Finished now and it was very,very good but there needs to be a sequel since it ended so suddenly. I read at the end the author's written under pen-names in the past so that cleared up that confusion, I think !!
It's set in the 1930's through till the late 1950's and is about a girl called Grace and her sons and how and why they were conceived. I did feel very cheated it ended so soon, though, and sort of skipped past important events in the family with nary a backward glance.In parts it could have been describing the lifestyle of John Haigh when it discussed the character of Ernest and the way he lived.
Just past 50% into the book words started being missed out here and there which became annoying. It's like the editor had enough and couldn't be bothered to edit the second half properly !
All in all, I really liked it. A great story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but..., 19 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Topp Family Secrets (Kindle Edition)
I did enjoy this book. It was humorous in parts, and the writer gave a good insight into the lives of the various characters. However, as stated by another reviewer, it came to a very abrupt ending hence my reason for only giving it 4 stars. This may well be due to the fact that there is a sequel planned, but not withstanding this, there was no real conclusion to the book and I was left wondering about Peter's time in New York, and how the army's influence was shaping Eddie's future. Will they meet up again in the coming years?

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabby For A Freebie, 8 May 2013
Sioux (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Topp Family Secrets (Kindle Edition)
Downloaded as a Freebie, and am not disappointed with it
A thoroughly enjoyable book....
Easy to read, yet kept me glued throughout....

3.0 out of 5 stars no lasting impression, 15 April 2013