Platform: Xbox 360|Change

on 20 February 2014
We purchased this after our daughter (6) played the demo. She thought it was funny and the price was right so we bought a copy.

Honestly we have had hours of fun playing this. There is a championship mode where you need to win a series of different races to get a bronze, silver or gold cup and you can race in teams or against each other in mulitplayer mode. There is also a track mode where you only race the one track at a time.

We loved it enough to purchase the DLC tracks too.

Some of the tracks are challenging - all have hidden shortcuts, and my husband and I suspect there is an element of AI to the game in terms of how well the computer drivers race (the better you get, the harder it is to win).

It isn't a serious racing game, just a bit of fun based on the concept of F1 but thoroughly enjoyable.
on 27 December 2012
Great Game, my 11 year old thinks it's brill. It is in line with Mario Cart so if you like "real" driving games it's not for you but if you like a fun driving race go for it 10 out of 10 on Christmas afternoon.
on 21 November 2012
We purchased this game for my children. What I love is the game bridges the gap between F1 and kart racing. It is charming, fun to play, never too serious and the kids really love playing it. Recommended.
on 13 December 2012
I bought this to play with my 6 year old son who like me is a Formula 1 nut. It has all the F1 teams and drivers who all have there own special abilities so its possible to pick your favorite team and driver.

We actually really enjoy it, but i think thats more down to the fact that its not too difficult on the 1000cc level and we can have some really competitive races and some great close finishes. It gets a little harder at 2000cc or 3000cc but its not the hardest game we have ever played. There are plenty of race modes like refuel races and several others. Its possible to do a co-op career as the same team or a competitive championship, single race or time trial. Online is very good too.

I dont think i would spend too much time playing single player but its fun splitsceen or online.
on 19 November 2012
My husband bought me this as part of my birthday present, Im a huge huge F1 fan and like playing the F1 game but always wanted something to do with F1 thats light hearted and fun. I like Mario Kart and think this game is great, fab game for all the family. Only downside is theres not a track for every F1 race but theres quite alot of different 'modes' to race as, along with most F1 drivers and even some female racers for anyone who would like to be a girl (my 7 year ols daughter loves these characters) All round great game for some fun.
on 27 November 2012
Bought this for my children (and games-mad hubby). They absolutely love it! Great fun and lots of quirky bits. We have already chosen our favorite tracks each. Great graphics and speed compared to our beloved super mario. If you have children or you like fun/fast games then you can't really go wrong with this. Worth every penny. Enjoy!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 June 2014
A fun game for the younger fan of F1 racing and an alternative to Mario Cart. We purchased this for one of our grandsons and he has certainly gained much pleasure from playing it (and so has his Dad!).
on 4 January 2013
My partner loves F1, but I just had absolutly no interest until this game. Its fantastic, either when playing by yourself or with friends. The game is much like Mario Kart, but with fun additions that mean the game never seems to get old. Recommended for the girlfriends who'd like to join in once in awhile!
on 11 December 2012
This simply is a super charged version of mario kart, on Xbox!! Fun, easy to pick up and play. My 4 yrs old can play and get on the podium, yet when I play, I get cheated at the last corner!! Online play is a bit annoying when some players dont bother racing and just sit on the start line.

Great fun all round with tons of replay value.

Recommended
on 18 November 2012
Just played the demo of this game on Xbox 360, wow had so much fun playing 2 player mode with my fiancé, its just like Mario kart, its just one of those fun games that will make you laugh, have ordered this for Christmas, and am looking fwd to racing on some different tracks.

See one answered question