5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional sound
Published 22 months ago by esseff

2.0 out of 5 stars Huge Bass, Huge Earphones
I bought these when looking for a bass-centric set of earphones as they had reviewed well and looked quite interesting. Unfortunately, they are absolutely huge. I have fairly small ears but the Denon's would be truly enormous by any standard.

Published 10 months ago by Mr. J

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional sound, 26 Jan 2013
esseff (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Denon AH-C300 In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote Controls (Electronics)
This is indeed something different. This patented double dynamic driver used to create a compression wave and enhance the sound really works. Base definitely resonates, but not at the expense of the mids and highs. Clear and expansive, rich sounding, good separation of instruments, as close to wearing a semi-closed full size over ear headphone without all the heated ears and bulkiness.

I did wonder how much of a gimmick the control wheel might be, but I like it a lot and it does everything you need it to. Volume, play/pause, forward/back, and will answer calls too, although as I don't use it that way I can't test it.

There's a good choice of ear-tips, although even though I'm only 5'6" with average ears for my height, I still need the largest of the silicon provided, so I can only imagine who the two smaller versions must be for - women, children and hobbits perhaps. They give you a set of harder and softer gels, both work well, but the harder ones tend to ache my ears after a while.

The stabilisers work brilliantly, stopping the earphone from falling out (you can give them quite a tug without any movement) and holding the buds where they should be for a good seal. Like all in-ear phones they need a seal to produce a good sound, and fortunately, this isn't hard to find.

They are a lot larger than you think, and stick out much further than normal IEM's do. For those who consider street cred more important, these might not be for you, but as they sound so good, are as light as a feather, and once in stay where they are until you decide otherwise, I don't care.

Materials seems up to the job. Strong plastic. I assume being so large they need to keep the weight down. I'd have preferred less shiny stuff though, especially the control wheel and button. A bit of rubber here wouldn't have gone amiss, and if your hands are a little sweaty, doesn't feel so nice. A minor gripe.

Cable is thicker than cheaper products, and covered in Teflon so it doesn't stick to itself or tangle easily. You can see that attention has been given to each area. Denon are after all a respected maker of audio equipment, and it shows.

Packaged well, not ostentatious just classy. Nice black carry case. Two sets of ear tips plus a couple of comply, jack converter and caribiner complete the bits.

All in all a worthy competitor to the plethora of IEMs out there. Better sounding then many, more comfortable than on ear or over ear cans for prolonged use, and nothing goes too deep inside the canal. I love listening to them, can forget they're on as the music is all I get. Excellent attenuation when out.

One tiny thing is walking. You can feel each step in the ear somehow. It's not a cable thing, and if I hold each headphone it stops, so it must have something to do with their size. It doesn't interfere with listening, but I do notice it. Heavy footed or fast moving people might notice it more.

By the way. If you use an iPod Classic with these, set your EQ presets to Jazz - you won't be disappointed.

Nothing is perfect of course, but these do come close. Nice one Denon.

EDIT 16/4/13

The little ear silicons slide about - not easy having smooth silicon meet smooth plastic. So when you put them in, instead of holding themselves in place so you get a nice snug hold as you adjust them, they slide making you have to mess about pushing them on again. Not the nicest solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sounds, 4 Jan 2013
I have other 3 earphones, monster beats tour, Bose in ear-phones and Triple fi 10. Yes I like heavy bass sound.
Last one was good honestly....till I tried this product!!!
Bass sound which this earphones creates is definitely awesome.
Interestingly, mid and high sounds are not 'dead'. Bass sounds doesn't interfere mid and high sounds. and These are also good.
It comes with a number of ear buds including Comply and you will know each ear buds make different sound.
So you can enjoy and find your best sounds from them.
Also it has wings on earphone but I don't like them so remove them. However, The earphones has still a good fitting.

Someone who bought this product compared it with Beats Tour.
And my opinion is Beats Tour is not a good earphones. This is because the high sound of beats tour is really annoying and mid sound is dead for bass sound.
If you use a expensive earphones with iPod or other a cheap fashionable digital audio player.
Please remember their amplifiers are not good at playing music. Try other good digital audio player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful., 6 May 2013
I'm not too fond on big brands, as my experience, they all preform the same, as you are paying for the privilege of brand name. My experience with in ear monitors is from Sony MDX 500 I compared this with the more expensive £150+ & discovered there is little difference. Till I tried these.

Its like having your own nighclub or chill bar or live room, you are in your own world.

+ Sound quality is beautiful, regardless of music, it feels like you are in the same room as the vocalist, a joy to to use
+ Quality of material seems quite durable & well thought
+ Choice of tips
+ zero micro phonics
+ ability to change tracks/pause/ on the actual ear phone
+ excellent isolation, when I'm out volume 8 is more then enough, when I'm in volume 4
+ very comfortable, looooooooooooooooooong hours of use with no discomfort

- Apple centrist, you can only use the controls for apple,
- housing is black & boring, blingy too,
- protruding
- not quite stable when on the move

The music I played are various quality from 320kb to wav, to flac & the detail is measured beautifully.
Denon have very poor marketing skills as these earphone are able to play all kinds of music perfectly not bass centrist, but you do need to burn them in. You certainly must have patients, to actually fit them in properly.

I paid £60 at the time of purchase a sumptuous bargain that I hope will last many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars smashing, 22 Mar 2014
bought them as a present for my husband who likes to sit and listen to music at night without disturbing the rest of the famly. Very picky on what he likes and does not. these he loves. they fit his odd shaped ears, and don't disturbe people around him. he can walk freely without them falling out.

2.0 out of 5 stars Huge Bass, Huge Earphones, 18 Jan 2014
Mr. J (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

SOUND: The sound is fantastic, rich and heavy with a clear yet reverberating bass. Vocals were a little recessed but it was very slight and only when directly compared with my UE600vi's. For the price paid (£70) I was pleased with the detailed sound reproduction, although if you are wanting accurate sounds look elsewhere. Sibilance was not an issue, something that previously bothered me with the Klipsch Image S4's that I had owned. 5/5 if you like heavy bass, 4/5 if a more a natural tone is what you are after.

PACKAGING: Awesome. Truly great, even more elaborate and unnecessary than the Beats range. Very fancy and certainly showed the high price tag. 5/5, not that this is an important factor.

FIT/COMFORT: Truly awful. I tried many, many combinations of the curved pieces that are designed to secure the earphones, and they simply did not hold them in my ear, or were very painful to wear for more than a few minutes. The ear-tips themselves were comfortable enough, although they were difficult to get in and out properly. 1/5 for me, possibly more if your ears find a good fit.

CONTROLS: I have an android device and the only controls that work are the play/pause buttons, the skip button and the microphone. Having used a friends iPhone, I tested the other features and they worked surprisingly well. However, the bulky buttons meant you could not rest your head or press anything against the earphones without accidentally using the controls. 3/5, good for iOS, poor for anything else.

SIZE: The main reason I feel these did not fit well is the size, they are far too big to be seen as earphones. Honestly they were around the size of small over ear headphones, which is disturbing. I looked like an alien wearing these large, protruding orbs in my ear. Certainly not wearable as gym earphones (as I had hoped), but even worse they were really awkward to wear when simply walking around. 1/5, truly monstrous in size and ridiculous to look at. I cannot see how anyone would enjoy wearing these oversized rocks; they make the flashy golden Monster earphones I once tried look understated and simple.

OVERALL: I returned these as they were too large and simple, purchasing the Sony XBA2 earphones instead (they were cheaper than these and are infinitely better). I feel the sound is great, but all other aspects let me down massively. If you can find a good fit and don't mind the size then these could be a good purchase, but try before you buy! 2/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good bass!!, 18 April 2013
If you are a bass lover, this earphone is the best in term of giving out a very good bass response, although the sound will be far from accurate, which is the main point of this earphone, to deliver a bone jarring, brutally powerful bass!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Metal fans throw up your horns......these are seriously heavy earphones!, 11 April 2013
After losing my prized soundmagic e10 earphones I decided to pay a little more for a quality set of earphones this time and see what a little extra would get me. I have searched and searched for a comparable set of in-ears and my last set of senheisser's (which were £50) were terrible. Muddy bass and lack of any decent detail really put me off using them again.

I therefore decided to look around and found these denon in ears......infinitely better than any in-ears I have ever had and only £10 more than the senheissers. They were released last year at over £150 and you can hear why as soon as you put them on.

They will take time to bed in, they are massive for in-ears and you will probably go through each and every supplied arm and tip finding the right fit but they really are worth the effort.

5 out of 5 for sound quality at this price and 3 out of 5 for ease of setup. They really do sound incredible!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice earphones~~!, 18 Jun 2014
The sound quality is great, awesome bass. it works perfectly with my iphone~ I enjoy music with this earphones. the controller is very cool~ i like it~

4.0 out of 5 stars Good set of In-Ear Headphones, 4 Jun 2014
Having previously had two pairs of Shure SE215 headphones, which i felt produced a great sound but both times I encountered issues after about a year with connections, I felt i would move on.

The quality of the sounds is probably the most important thing to me with headphones, but I will provide some feedback on a number of points.

Look and Feel:
They are far from the most aesthetically pleasing ear phone, I did see on an earlier review that it said they stick out some way from your ear, but I just felt that was a slight exageration. For an in-ear headphone, the vast mjaority of it pokes out the ear. So if street cred is more important to you, these probably aren't for you. The fit within the ear is good though, so something fairly bulky it is almost disconcerting how little you realise you are wearing them when you get the fit right in terms of size of the bud and stabiliser arm.

Sound:
Once you get the fit right, the noise cancellation is excellent. For the price, I think they produce a great sound, especially for the really defined bass notes, all notes can be clearly heard, but I think it possibly lacks a little in sharpness. But for the price you cannot complain.

Functionality and Durability:
As I use them with my iPhone, I think they are great, the ability to pause/play and adjust the volume on the ear piece is a great feature, as is the fact you can use them to make and receive calls with the microphone built in to the ear piece. This functionality alone is worth a great deal. I think it falls down a little on the durability of the cabling, its quite thin and prone to getting knotted up despite taking great care to wind them up when finished.

Value for money:
I think it is here that they are deserving of my 4/5 score. For the price, I think they offer a lot, a good sound, good functionality and a good fit. Not going to blow anyone away, but for £64, what do you expect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome sound, 27 Feb 2014
Ben "mbkh11" (Hertfordshire UK) - See all my reviews
These take some fiddling with to get the appropriate fit but the effort is worth it. These the most comfy in ear headphones I've owned, albeit it a little bulky but the sound is well worth it. The audio is warm and doesn't leave anything out makes listening a real joy. The built in controls pause/play and volume work well as does the inline microphone.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›