5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book but falling apart
As others have already said, a fantastic series of books for quickly getting to grips with Photoshop. I have the whole series & consider them a must buy for photographers wanting to get to grips with each new version of the program.

However, as several others are reporting, my copy fell apart on first viewing, the pages appearing not to be properly glued to the...
Published on 12 Aug 2012 by Canaryfan

3.0 out of 5 stars The words of Scott Kellby falling to pieces in my hands
I am a fan of CS- photoshop

I crave for knowledge in the art of photography, and the new darkroom [computer]

Of the past books I have used, Scott Kelby has to be the easyest and most helpful I have found...

Cs4 & now Cs6 , Eager to read his version of photoshop Cs6, I placed my name down to order this softback book.

Now after...
Published on 2 Sep 2012 by C. A. Heald

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The new CS6 programme is slightly different to previous versions and the new book has been very useful, especially the treatment, 25 July 2014
I already had the "Photoshop Book" published by Scott Kelby in 2003 but things move on and so does Adobe. The new CS6 programme is slightly different to previous versions and the new book has been very useful, especially the treatment of RAW files which I always shoot. Easy to understand and follow. A worthwhile investment.

1.0 out of 5 stars great book dreadful binding fell apart in first day, 9 Aug 2012
This seems like a great book but it is fairly heavy for a softback and the pages have come away from the binding - I think the glue has failed.

Amazon are not able to replace it as the book is under review - I wonder why?

Note the different prices - some seller wants £80+ - nuts - why is this tolerated Amazon needs to monitor this sort of thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars it's a good read gives you some good idea's and explains it ..., 6 July 2014
New to Photoshop,it's a good read gives you some good idea's and explains it well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Geat book!!, 18 Jun 2014
Nice to have Photoshop CS6 broken down to what is more understandable for a change. Scott Kelby explains the how's and what's to do in this book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 28 May 2014
This is an excellent book written by Scott Kelby which is both humorous and well written. it does not take you into the processes of photoshop in a methodical way which can be boring but gives a varied explanation and I find it is easy to use and is great reading.I borrowed this book from our library and saw the potential of it thus ordering it as a permanent item in my collection

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical and personal, 7 May 2014
Jax (Malvern, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe Photoshop CS6 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter) (Kindle Edition)
Having recently switched to shooting and processing RAW, this book gave a useful overview of how one photographer integrates Camera Raw / Lightroom with (occasional) Photoshop adjustments to create sharp, punchy images. Those looking for an in depth look at all Photoshop offers might be disappointed, but for those like me who are looking for insight into how a photographer uses the Adobe tools to enhance images day to day, this book is helpful. Kelby's writing is pretty much idiot proof, and he has a daft streak, which I like. This book is all about Kelby's way of doing things, and because of this, achieves a depth and detail that would not be possible if he was trying to cover all bases.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, but rather for beginners, 18 April 2014
It is a good book for people who start their adventure with Photoshop, as I consider myself bit more then beginner I was slightly disappointed as I expected more sophisticated stuff. Anyway, there was still few new things I have learned, all served with easy to understand and follow instructions, and slight dose of Scott's humour. So not 5 starts for me for the reason mentioned, but book I can still recommend !

UPDATE ! I have lowered my rating of this book from 4 to stars - not because of the content but the quality. After one reading ( brief one, as I skipped most of the chapters ) book completely disintegrated, most pages are loose ! That is a really poor quality ! As this is a tutorial book you would expect it to hold long as people may be often coming back to different sections while learning Photoshop. My advise - get the kindle version instead, if there is one !

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 3 April 2014
I tend to use Aperture 3 as my main programme but there are times that more manipulation and layers are required. Useful tips section and focusses on the practical application of the programme. Easy enough to read but the facts stick, even for a new/intermittent user of CS6

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Mar 2014
I chose this book based on previous experience of this author and on personal recommendation from a friend who alreaady owns it.
So far I am very happy with it

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›