5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, Great Service
I received the product very quickly and have played several rounds in them......out with the old, in with the new: in summertime, leave the traditional shoes in the garage and get some of these. The times are a-changin'
Published on 10 May 2012 by StRocky

3.0 out of 5 stars Good shoe, unsure if best for over pronation.
Published 1 month ago by Mr Graham A Wilkes

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, Great Service, 10 May 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Extreme Comfort, 31 May 2012
Just purchased a pair of these Biom 2012 Hybrids in White/Brick for summer play. They come with a spare pair of white laces which I immediately interchanged for the red and they look more "normal" for the course. Sizes are quite normal. If you wear a 43 (9) shoe then the 43 Hybrid is the size for you, and so on (with lightweight golf socks). They have plenty of room in the toe area and have good height in the heel. The Yak leather is very thick but at the same time extremely soft making these the most comfortable golf shoes I have ever worn (I normally buy FootJoys with which, incidently, I am also very satisfied). These Ecco Bioms are more substantial than I thought and offer plenty of support. While expensive, I am already considering buying a Cocoa pair; I am that impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Golf Gloves for Your Feet, 6 Jun 2013
Doc Pic (Northumberland) - See all my reviews
I've used Footjoy for years but wanted to get some shoes I could use on & off the course as my normal smart casual shoes are nearly worn out & I was thinking I could kill two birds with one stone. My new shoes also needed to look smart, be very well made & most important of all, fit & support my somewhat sensitive feet really well.

Initially, I looked at the Adidas Adicross with the velcro fastening. A really good looking well made shoe which, at around 50, was pretty good value for money. Problem is that they are definitely not ideal for someone with broader feet & tend to be short too. Even at one size larger, they felt tight width wise.

Then I found Ecco & wow, what a difference! To start with, I got a pair of the Biom Hybrids in size 44 (9.5/10) because this shoe is the opposite of Adidas & has a broader fit & very similar to Footjoy. The 44 was very very slightly tight but the high quality yak leather has given a touch making the shoe nigh on perfect. My Footjoys are 44.5 but Ecco don't do half sizes.

Anyway, I was so impressed, I decided to buy a second pair of Ecco but this time I went for the slightly cheaper Street shoe a la Fred Couples. This model fits slightly smaller than the Biom Hybrid shoe & I was advised to go up to a 45. Good advice & an excellent fit. A little tip - although not immediately obvious there are two different quality levels of Street shoe. The top model has a better quality leather for the upper & is also leather lined. My view is that it's worth the extra 15 or so for the better quality version although the cheaper one is fantastic too.

Spending around 250 on 2 pairs of shoes might seem extravagant but actually it isn't. I had two pairs of casual shoes which were wearing out & one of my two pairs of golf shoes were in the same situation. Instead of buying 3 pairs of shoes, I've only bought two & my casual shoe replacements are not only more comfortable & supportive, they're more waterproof too.

On the golf course, the Ecco spikeless system works remarkably well. In fact, I feel as if I'm getting better grip than before, even in the wet. And I don't need to take them off to go in the clubhouse. That grip is also noticeable in my off course as I've used my Eccos to go up & down a steep hill to the shops, have a multi activity gym session & a long table tennis session. As the soles are flat, I'm even allowed on my local bowling green.

The only situation you couldn't really wear them for is any kind of 'posh do' as they are fundamentally, casual shoes. But my old ones will now last for those rare occasions when I need to be a bit smarter.

A final point. This footwear concept isn't new. I was wearing spikeless on/off course shoes in the 1960's!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mud-hoppers, 13 Mar 2013
Worn 8x now in the muddiest, coldest conditions and they have been excellent. The bellows tongue has kept out water and mud over 3" deep and,with use of the air-hose and a damp cloth,I have worn them in the clubhouse,after play,with dry and warm feet: amazing. Grip, on all surfaces, is better than studs. I bought my last pair of Ecco shoes back in the early 80's and they lasted, with daily use 20 years and I hope to carried off the golf course in 20 years time wearing these!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, very comfortable, 15 Mar 2014
These are great shoes, they look good and are very comfortable, just need some nice fine weather to wear them.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOLF SHOES, 14 Oct 2012
Why did I not buy Echo golf shoes in the first place, I have been wearing Echo shoes for travelling for years and they are fantastic, now I have a pair of Echo Golf shoes as well and they feel like slippers, fantastic, no difference to the Golf, but at least my feet feel better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good shoe, unsure if best for over pronation., 3 Aug 2014
Good product though found to be a little on the small side. Had contacted Ecco direct for advice on fit as I have severe over pronation. This is what was recommended. Was expecting a strongly 'wedged' or filled instep area (like a Brooks Beast trainer) but this is not the case. Going to give then a go as there simply are no other golf shoe products I could find out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars ., 17 April 2012
excellent confort with no loss of grip in dry to damp conditions, have not tried them in the wet but feel confident that they would perform well.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best golf shoe evvvvvvver, 21 Jun 2012
Been looking for these forever, so,pleased I looked here, they are everything they claim to be. Great fit, perfect shoe size fit, comfy, light, soft, can't wait to put them to real use and not just admire their lovely'ness from the end of bed ..lol

5.0 out of 5 stars These shoes are outrageously comfortable., 14 July 2014
I wasn't sure whether to believe the customer reviews on these shoes or not but I'm glad that I did, because they are GREAT.

Expensive yes but no complaints at all after two times out. They are by far the most comfortable shoes I have ever had and I have tried a few different makes in the past - no more Footjoy, Addidas etc for me.

Not sure how they are going to wear in the long run but if they last me a few seasons I will consider them to have been excellent value for money.

Take the 'plunge' you won't be disappointed.