5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but...
I agree with all of the previous positive comments about this product. My one disappointment/puzzlement is about the recording facility. It can record from usb/sd/cd/radio/aux input, and an alarm can be set to turn on the radio/usb/sd/cd. Why oh why can't the unit be set to record automatically from radio to sd/usb at a set time?
Published on 6 Sep 2012 by Mr Q

3.0 out of 5 stars Very, very good, but not quite good enough...
Starting with the brand, Roberts is probably one of the most trusted names in radio, producing products with exceptional quality and indeed durability, (based on other Roberts products I own).

Other reviews and the product spec covers the features, which are all straightforward and simple to use with reference to the very well written instructions...
Published on 1 Sep 2012 by Doug

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little muti-functional device, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Roberts SOUND 200 CD/DAB/FM/USB/SD Digital Stereo Sound System with Dock for iPhone/iPod (discontinued by manufacturer) (Accessory)
I was looking for a small and compact multi-functional player that would also be able to provide a reasonably big sound covering a multitude of music styles. This device fits the bill well. With DAB, iPad docking station and CD player you will not go far wrong. The machine also comes with a number of other input and recording functions which is an added bonus and provides a good depth playback and recording options. The sound quality is great for such a small piece of equipment and has a good yet not overwhelming bass responce that will let you feel those low frequency tones when needed. I have this box placed in a large open kitchen and it is capable of filling the room with a good quality sound.
If you are looking for a small yet powerful system will a multitude of playback options then this device comes highly recommended.
Ordering and delivery a breeze as usual with Amazon.

Had to send system back after going faulty on two separate occasions over 10 months. Shame. Cannot fault Amazon Customer Services in the way they dealt with the issue though. Have now swapped with a Panasonic SC-PMX5DBEBS 120W DAB Micro System with iPhone/iPod Dock ( see my review ) which I must say has a more punchy and powerful sound, but it does have separate speakers. Very pleased with it and definitely worth a serious look.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing sound quality, 17 Dec 2013
Based on the positive reviews on here, I bought one of these (not from Amazon - found it cheaper elsewhere) to replace an ageing Pure Legato micro system whose CD player had given up the ghost. Sadly I am sorely disappointed by the sound quality of the Roberts. Now, I'm no audiophile, and I didn't think I was that fussy about audio, but this unit sounds very tinny to me and lacks mid-range. There is plenty of bass available, but no amount of fiddling with the tone controls or equaliser presets can produce a sound I'm satisfied with. The old Pure sounded miles better (although admittedly it had separate speakers, albeit small). I don't expect miracles from an all-in-one system, but I at least expect an acceptable sound that I am comfortable listening to. The sound from the Roberts Sound 200 is dominated by tinny treble and dull bass. I subsequently listened to a Ruark 4i side by side in John Lewis (which admittedly is double the price) and the difference is like night and day. The Ruark puts out a beautiful rich rounded tone, whereas the Roberts sounds like a glorified clock radio. I would rate this as 3 stars based on the sound quality, but another issue I had is that the unit randomly turns itself off when switching channels using the remote - so I am knocking off an extra star for that. I will probably be returning the Roberts tomorrow and shelling out the extra for a Ruark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roberts Sound 200, 27 Jan 2013
Originally I was going to purchase a Bose Wave system for my lounge because I did not want wires and speakers all over the place, however, after reading reviews about the Roberts Sound 200 I went to a local Roberts dealer to see and listen to the actual product. It looked and sounded good even in the dealers shop. The dealer would not move on his asking price so I order the system through Amazon for £30 less.
The Roberts Sound 200 is an excellent product, it costs about half the price of a Bose Wave system and in my opinion it is just as good, if not better.
It looks good and sounds excellent.
Following the manufactures instructions I found it easy to set up the DAB radio which was childs play to set up.
I have used the Roberts Sound 200 daily for over 2 weeks, using both dab radio and cd. and the sound quality is excellent, I just don't know how such a smart and fairly compact unit can produce such a rich sound quality. I don't think anyone buying this item would be disappointed with its quality.

Having stated how good the Roberts system is, the big disappointment, and cause for concern was the delivery, to be precise the delivery company and not the seller. As stated I ordered the item through Amazon. The item was in stock and the expected delivery was 3-5 working days.

An email confirmation was received, followed by another stating it had been dispatched and would be with me Thursday 10th January 2013. I waited in all that day but no Roberts Sound 200 system arrived.

At this point I should say that I live in a rural location on the outskirts of a village, although a main dual carriageway does run close by. My road is a small cul de sac containing just 4 properties. My house number is 5, the house next door at number 3 is semi derilict having been empty for over 30 years. Anyone seeing the property would be left in no doubt about it being empty and uninhabited.

As stated the item did not arrive on the 10th. and the weather on that day was wet. About 3.30 p.m. the following day, Friday 11th January 2013, the gentleman who owns the empty house knocked at my door and handed me a very wet and soggy Amazon box with a delivery card from YODEL which had been pushed through the letter box of the empty house stating it was 'at back'. I was informed by the owner of the property that he had found the card behind the front door whilst visiting the property, found the box at the back of his property on the ground in this wet condition. The owner only visits the property from time to time, and had he not visited on this date the box could have been there for days or even weeks. The grounds of the empty property are wide open with no gates or fences and anyone walking or riding by could have just take the box and its contents.

When I opened the box I was expecting the contents to be ruined. Fortunately although the outer Amazon box and the extra packing were wet, the actual Roberts box was only damp. I opened the box and took out the Roberts Sound system expecting it to be ruined. Although it was damp the actual item appeared okay. I left the system to dry out at room temperature for a short while before seeing if it worked. To my surprise it worked okay and does not appear to have suffered any damage after its ordeal.

Whilst the product is great and Amazon normally good, the delivery company and in particular the delivery person leave a lot to be desired. The common sense of anyone who would leave an expensive electrical item on the ground in the rain behind an empty property is questionable. The use of this delivery company must also be brought into question.

3.0 out of 5 stars Roberts Sound 200 CD/DAB/USB radio review, 17 Feb 2013
Mr. John James (Rainham,Kent,UK) - See all my reviews
A nice radio - it was a lot larger than I was expecting and I am not finding the preset stations easy
to programme and use. It's quite complicated and still haven't mastered it - the book of instructions is
comprehensive but hard to follow. When I rang the Roberts helpline they were very helpful but I feel I can't
keep ringing them. A simple users guide would be helpful.
Having said that it delivers exceptional sound quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Radio, 2 July 2013
Yes 'Roberts' have done it again a great radio with good sound quality.
I would recommend this radio. Although expensive a it worth paying the extra for the quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars KEEP MAKING MUSIC SYSTEMS LIKE THIS ONE!, 16 Oct 2014
Absolutely love style & content. With so many products you have to choose between style over content but with Roberts you get both.
It looks so beautiful I already had the Roberts Sound 100 so knew what I was getting, but wanted something with a bit more oomph for the sitting room so chose Sound 200.
Boy does it deliver, the sound quality is fantastic I can blast out my music on the I POD, (when I know neighbours aren't around), play CD's if I want or listen to I don't know how many radio stations, including FM, can plug in SIM card, record programmes. This thing will do everything except make me tea.
The shame is audio systems are all going Bluetooth & soon we won't be able to get music systems that play CD's. There still those of us who want to play CD's so listen to us old farts please!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, 27 Dec 2013
Great sound from this piece of equipment. The service number gives you access to a real person who can talk you through any set up problems. I have an Android phone so can't use the iIphone dock but with a length of headphone cable and jack can plug into socket in rear of equipment so can play music from my phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars I've bought this - after trying a Bose Wave System III, 26 Nov 2013
BEFORE I got my Roberts System 200 from Amazon, a month ago now, I had purchased the Bose Wave System III off a well known TV Channel, on a 30 day money back guarantee trial period. I had wanted a Bose System for a few years. Hmmm..I was quite impressed by the sound produced by the Bose System except for the ABSOLUTELY OVERPOWERING deep base emanating from the unit. The Base on the unit could not be adjusted in any way, neither was there any treble adjustment to compensate for the "plummy" base tone present on every genre of music played through it. After listening to quite a few CD's and the Radio on the Bose, I found myself switching the unit off due to everything having exactly the same "tone". Besides, the Bose Bluetooth accessory (yes, accessory at approx £150) and the IPOD Dock accessory at about the same price, you are looking at around £850 to £900 for, what is basically, a Radio Alarm with CD facility (sorry folks who disagree). The Bose Wave System III, however, does have an amazing volume height and the sound (if you like it) will fill a HUGE room. No...don't fret - this is NOT a BOSE review - I'm just comparing it to my Roberts System 200 which I went for after sending the Bose back for a refund, so please read on....

Well...I researched and researched ALL Desktop Audio Systems available on the current market. Price-wise, AND facility-wise, the Roberts System 200 came out tops, in my opinion. It won out as it has SO MANY input options to the device to play any of your music, wherever it is stored. To be perfectly honest, I would have liked the Ruark R4i, but I would have been up again into the £599 price bracket. Apparently, the Ruark has incredible volume height and the quality of music output blows the Bose out of the water.

Sooo...on to my Roberts System 200. I've only tried the CD and DAB and FM radio so far - and I'm well pleased with the sound. The pre-set "equaliser" function does alter the output if you play around with it a bit to get the effect you want for a particular music genre. I would have much preferred individual equaliser controls, even if it meant having more buttons to tweak. That said, I suppose this would spoil the "design" of the unit?? Manufacturers seem to be streamlining their designs at the sacrifice of providing more end user-adjustment options for sound output. Put the buttons on the SIDE of the unit if you have to for goodness sake!! The tone and sound from the unit, for me, is "satisfactory". The volume does not rack up as the BOSE did, so I think if this could be improved upon by Roberts, without resulting in any distortion, this would be terrific. But hey!! what are we discussing and what have we here?...a small footprint DAB Radio, CD player, USB, SD Card multi option input AND Speakers - in ONE BOX. I'd like all input slots to be ON THE FRONT OF THE UNIT PLEASE - I don't want to be rummaging around the back of the unit if it is placed high up and snugly plugged in!!

In conclusion then, I'm satisfied for the price paid - for now, that is. These Desktop Systems are moving on and up in quality and functionality so fast.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for classical music lover, 27 Oct 2012
A. M. Pardoe (Worcestershire UK) - See all my reviews
We have a proper high fidelity installation but this restricts us to the sitting room to listen to CDs. So we thought that this would do for listening elsewhere in the house. The instructions for this Roberts Sound 200 are dreadful. On the top of the player arr three rows of three buttons several of which are multi-functional. The booklet labels them but instead of laying out the labelling in the same form as the physical button layout, they are put in three columns where the button labels are in a different order from the actual layout. I printed out a new table so that I could understand it more easily. Next, trying to preset radio stations involves flipping between two different pages of the booklet.Not easy. However, having achieved the desired results my wife and I listened to Classic FM and Radio 3. The sound quality was not good. It sounded boxy and the high frequencies were missing. On quiet passages it was not possible to turn the volume up any more unless we sat very close to it. Trying to access the preset stations once stored is not straigthtforward.
We tried some CDs with, unsurprisingly, the same result. String quartets were spoilt by missing high notes and Mahler symphonies boomed.
If you want to listen to classical music, don't buy this. I sent it back and it was collected, with Amazon's usual efficiency, the next day. We decided to lash out and buy a Ruark R4i which is twice the price but superb in sound quality and ease of use and better looking with a good remote control unit which is easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice, 31 May 2014
Treated myself a good few months ago to this. Very pleased with it, design, easy to use & sound is very good indeed. Love the fact that I can play all my old stuff (cd's) on it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›