Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to fit and sized for a toddler!
Potentially a good mouth guard let down by poor sizing. Bought this for my 7 year old and when it arrived it looked tiny. However gave it a go as you presume sisu know what they are doing. It was a complete pig to fit and eventually after several remoulds it stayed in but by then looked like it was made of well chewed gum. It also only covered his front teeth with no...
Published 12 days ago by MINCER

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a reasonably priced mouth guard that fits a childs mouth and will protect their teeth, 12 Nov 2013
I have four children aged 14-7 years who all play rugby or hockey. About three years ago after trying every brand of boil and bite mouth guard I decided that the only way to really protect their teeth was to pay out £45 each for a custom made mouth guard at the beginning of the season. This is expensive but also frustrating if they loose a tooth halfway through the year.

The problems I have found with the boil and bite style mouth guard are they don't seem to fit a child's mouth, they either don't mould enough to the mouth shape or they bite right through them while fitting. I have never found one that passes the test of staying in place when the child opens its mouth. It took me a while to understand that this is the crucial thing with a mouth guard, its unlikely that the mouth will be closed at the time of impact and if the mouth guard doesn't stay in place when the mouth is open it offers no protection to the teeth. The other big factor is comfort, children won't' wear a mouth guard that hurts them or makes them gag. I have often witnessed children tucking their mouth guard into their sock as play begins.

Recently my youngest daughter started playing hockey. I had neither the time or the justification for a £45 custom fitted mouth guard so I decided to resort to the boil and bite type. I carefully read the reviews and ordered a strawberry flavoured £10 one. It arrived and the case to keep it in was the most useful thing about it. Despite multiple tries with boiling water it didn't stay in place and was clearly too big. It fitted my 42 year old mouth a treat despite being the junior size. I was ready to give up and pay for a fitted one.

Then I discovered the Sisu mouth guard. There were only five reviews and it was £16. If it didn't work I was now halfway to a fitted mouth guard. But reading the reviews and the specifications I decided to give it a try. Yippee! its great. Surprisingly its arrives as a flat, thin piece of plastic but a quick dunk in hot water and it moulds perfectly to the mouth. We had to have a couple of goes to get it right but it is now perfect. A light weight, comfortable custom fitted mouth guard which stays in place when the mouth is open and as an extra bonus it comes in cool colours.

My only criticism is it doesn't come with a proper plastic case but then I have loads of those from all the discarded, poorly fitting mouth guards I have tried over the years!

And if that's not enough they claim that it can be refitted if a tooth falls out by putting it back in hot water and remoulding. Can this really be true? I haven't had to try yet but will certainly get back to you if it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Mouthguards, 28 Oct 2013
I think these are brilliant mouth guards and the best we have ever had. The other mouth guard brands including those made specifically have started to lose bits and been to bulky in the mouth. These are very comfortable and my daughter wears it all day without a concern

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 10 Jun 2014
Easy to use, surprised it arrived flat, but - so far - it's done a great job!
Would buy again, but hopefully won't need to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not cheap but really works, 8 Mar 2014
GVI Gary (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
A much better fit for my daughter's mouth than more commonly available options. You can get a really good, comfortable fit even in a smaller mouth, and it doesn't seem to mind how may goes that takes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mouthguard for small mouths, 17 Jan 2014
I bought this mouthguard for my 7 year old daughter. She is quite petite and a lot of the other mouth guards would have ended up in discomfort and dribbling!

It was quite fiddly to actually fit, moulding it to her shape, but it did exactly what is said on the package and was very pliable when boiled. It now fits her perfectly and she is very happy with it.

Would definitely buy another one if I needed to

5.0 out of 5 stars sisu mouthguard, 11 Dec 2013
As a mum of two 8 year old rugby and karate boys this mouthguard is not the first I tried but it fits best and is most comfortable for the kids. Although it is a bit fiddly to get right, it stays put and is the best they have tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more suitable for son with gag reflex, 9 Sep 2013
Produce arrived with speed probably because I needed urgently otherwise my son was facing detention. We tried other types of gum shields and they made my son gag terrible so I thought I'd try this one as it is much thinner. Also he has loads of gaps where he is waiting for adult teeth to come through so being able to form your own personal gum sheild was much more suitable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillant, 21 Aug 2013
This gum shield is fantastic, very slim and tidy in the child's mouth, they can talk with it in but it is still very strong. will buy more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 12 July 2013
This mouth guard is fantastic you can remould it as many times as you like. It is the only one my son has not complained about. Well worth spending the extra money. Item arrived quickly too.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... two girls aged 9 & 11 found these quite easy to fit, 4 Sep 2014
My two girls aged 9 & 11 found these quite easy to fit, but took a couple of tries - so it was great that they could be remoulded, not least as they are both still losing teeth! So far so good in hockey, while both girls find them very comfortable to wear - so worth the extra cost.