5.0 out of 5 stars Good little box inside the Amazon box, 1 Sept. 2012
Amazon Customer "pas" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Lenovo Q180 Ultra Small Form Factor Desktop PC (Black) (Intel Atom D2550 1.86GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, AMD Graphics, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit) (Personal Computers)
This is the best computer after my macbook that I have had,from the box to up and running was 5 minutes,it picked up the wireless link and after the passcode it was off and running,it is very quiet in operation and the dvd drive does not make a lot of noise in operation,neither does the hard drive.It comes with a holder for wall mounting with four screws(for behind the monitor mounting) or there is a block for desk mounting,either way it is unobtrusive and can be easily hidden.It has normal monitor connector or hdmi for pluging to a television,network connector for hardwire to router as well as wireless facility.From switch on it only needs to know which country it is in and produces timezone charts and also puts on the new windows explorer software and the Macafee security software.This was bought to replace an aging tower unit that had seen better days,the room is transformed all the trailing cables hve gone,even more if you opt for the wireless keypad.Glad I made this choice,especially with the easy restore system,no discs to cut for restore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Product, 20 Oct. 2012
This is a great computer it is small and neat and is exactly what I was looking for. Although I wanted a small desktop computer I was surprised to see how small it was. It even surpass my expectation because it actually has 6 USB ports. If I remember correctly the specification given on Amazon said it had 4 ports.

It is very fast and boots up quite quickly. I can hear the fan but that's OK I don't consider it to be noisy. With 500Gb that's more space than I will ever use up. I had no problems whatsoever getting started and connected to the internet. I choose a wireless connection and although I am using windows 7 for the first time it was quite easy to get familiar with it and to connect to my wireless router.

I seriously wanted to buy the Chromebox instead because I like the chrome browser and wanted to try out something new. But I choose to go with the Lenovo Ideacentre only because it allows me to install my microsoft office suite. My Lenovo comes with a DVD drive so it was easy to install my Office 2007 and the software for my printer. I did not like the idea that with the chromebox I would be confined to using a web base version of Word, Excel etc.

Overall I am very happy with this purchase and have not experienced any problems to date. If I could change anything I would change the location and size of the power on button. I would also remove the front cover which covers the 2 USB port at the front. I would also include a built in speaker. However when I use my speakers or headset the sound quality is amazing.

Well done Lenovo hope Dell and others might follow the trend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 4 Jan. 2013
Tiny but sits really well on my desk. I tried using Parallels on my minimac but it was like swimming in treacle so bought this Lenovo to do the things a Mac can't. VERY pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars vey nice, 30 Nov. 2012
very good and excactly what i wanted it.you. so light and you can take it everywhere! no more massive towers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good speed, small size, 10 Aug. 2013
+++ Ideal small PC for small desktop.
- The CD/DVD cover seems fragile.
- One of the USB sockets is to close to fit Wi-Fi dongle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little bit of kit, 14 Feb. 2013
THis little beauty provides me with all the processing I require and at a fraction of the size of normal PCs
Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 29 Jan. 2013
I purchased this to use with Netflix, its great, neat and so easy to use. I would reccommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 28 Jan. 2013
This turned out to be the perfect choice for me. So small I couldn't quite believe it would work, but it does - brilliantly! So easy to set up too - a mere few minutes - even for a 65yrs old pensioner! Does everything I need from a PC and very quickly too. Perfectly compatible with my present flat screen and printer. New mouse & keyboard provided though it worked perfectly with my old ones no problem.
For me - who has no use or time for gaming etc - this a wonderful PC - neat & small and does just what it says on the tin. Great price too - recommend wholeheartedly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little desktop, 11 Jan. 2013
Purchased this after having an old pc with a tower for years. Not only is it a fantastic little desktop taking up so little room, it saves a fortune on electricity. Silent as well, especially after the old 'thing'. Overall a fantastic purchase.