5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far!
Had these for about a month now and was almost put off by the couple of bad reviews on here but so far they have been awesome!

I use them in the gym and the only issue being me leaving my iPhone in random places as I'm walking away not realising!!!

Published 22 months ago by Andrew Carpenter

1.0 out of 5 stars The Denon AH-W150 fail on the most important requirement!
Published 23 months ago by AdamS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far!, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: Denon AH-W150 Bluetooth Fitness Sports In-Ear Headphones - Yellow (Electronics)

Sound quality is very good, batter life is good - ran a half marathon outdoors with them and plenty if juice left!

These might be on the pricier side but I haven't found anything similar that I've been as happy with - its only taken 8 years!

As a warning to people buying Bluetooth headphones for the first time (so applies to ALL BT headphones) - sometimes when you go running and put the phone in your pouch / pocket and the phone is covered up by too much clothing or too far out of sight of the headphones then it can cut out. This device so far has only done that a couple of times so very pleased!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good set of wireless headphones- perfect for running, 17 Dec 2013
Before purchasing these headphones I had been reading the reviews on here, many of which complain about issues with connectivity. I decided to take a chance and purchase a pair anyway as they fit well with my criteria.

I am using these with a Google Nexus 4 running Android KitKat version 4.4 (and more recently updated to 4.4.2). I can say that so far I have had absolutely *no* issues with connectivity, dropout or losing bluetooth connection. In fact I went as far as to test this in my office by standing about 8 feet away with a wall and metal filing cabinet in between and had no problems with connection.

My main reason for purchasing this set of headphones was to take out running, as I can't stand cables trailing to the phone. I've taken it out on a few 5k runs with my phone in my back pocket - plenty of bumps and movement but again the connection to the headphones remained consistent.

The headphones themselves are lightweight and comfortable to wear. The sound quality is good too - I was pleased with the bass, although they could possibly be a little louder. Not sure about reliability yet as I've only been using them for a month - but so far so good.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Denon AH-W150 fail on the most important requirement!, 19 Dec 2012
Over the last couple of years in an attempt to get truly wireless while running or in the gym I have made several purchases of Bluetooth 'Sports' headsets (Jaybird, Sennheiser, Motorola, Jabra) . I bought the Denon AH-W150 and was enthusiastic that these would overcome many of the issues I had with previous headsets (comfort, sweat resistance, sound quality, Bluetooth issues, etc).

Admittedly the Denon's sounded great but the moment I took them outside for a run it became apparent that they have the poorest quality Bluetooth reception of any headset I have tested. Despite trying various upper body position for my iPhone 5 the only reliable way to maintain a Bluetooth connection is to physically hold the phone in your hand 6 inches away from the right hand ear piece. The reception is so sensitive that with the phone in a pocket on your jacket its connection could be effected by whether the phone is facing in/out or orientated up/down or even in its case.

This is a real shame as I think some good effort has gone into the actual sound quality and construction of the headsets, but unfortunately if it can't hold a bluetooth connection then it is completely pointless.

Also, regularly when the headset loses connectivity you cannot get it back again unless you restart the headset, and the training app your using, and music player - not easy to do if you try to continue running! On a 1 hour run it happened 10 times and added almost 13 minutes to my normal run time!

Another issue I came across is that using the Denon sports app I was unable to pair it with my +ANT Bluetooth Heart rate strap even though it was paired fine with Endomondo and Runkeeper.

Sorry Denon this a complete fail and I am looking for my money back, especially since they the most expensive bluetooth sports headsets i have purchased to date.

1.0 out of 5 stars Look great shame about the sound, 28 Sep 2014
I bought these headphones after a long deliberation over various Bluetooth headsets, the market is after all quite crowded now. Eventually I decided to go with Denon as I have had a few of their products in the past and have found they lived up to their reputation for quality of sound.
When the headset arrived I was happy with the design, I chose the blue headset and they do look great, admittedly they were also easy to pair to my iPhone.
Unfortunately the sound quality is very poor, and not up to Denon standards, my last set by plantronics which were cheaper produced a much better sound. I use these headphones at the gym and when out running as I would imagine most prospective buyers will but I can barely hear my music over the traffic let alone the music at the gym! I have tried every set of earbuds to see if they make a difference but they do not have any effect on sound quality.
Looking back I can see why Amazon are selling these at a massive discount however at £50 to £85 depending on the colour these are not even good value at the lower price in my opinion.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin, and then some, 25 Jan 2013
Mr. C. Stone - See all my reviews
After weeks of debating between these and the jaybird freedoms, I took the risk and hoped that the bad reviews I had read online were beaten by my experience of denon quality. So far, these headphones deliver, and deliver with a bass heavy punch.

Firstly, the fit. I had read reviews reporting poor fit, falling off during exercise, loose around the ears. I have experienced none of this, maybe a slight poke from time to time back in the ear, but as much as I am sure denon tried, they cannot make a single product to fit every shaped ear on the planet. After a heavily sweaty session in the gym, these remained firmly in place.

Connection. I read reviews of poor connectivity over Bluetooth. People reporting their iphones having trouble connecting etc... I can safely say that the 25ft range reported by denon works with my Samsung galaxy note. This applies through walls as I left the phone in one room and walked across my house to another. In the gym I could leave my phone on the floor and get on with it, exactly what I want.

My most important bit, the sound quality. I would regard myself as an audiophile I suppose, I am incredibly fussy about sound quality and only the best will do. I have other denon products in the home and know that the usually deliver. The exercise freaks do not fail here. The response is not flat, they are heavy in the bottom end, but the mids and top end come through clear and crisp. The sound is warm and surrounding, detail can be detected I wouldn't expect with mp3 or over Bluetooth. Anyone who is keen on their audio will have a device with equalization, so the sound can be adapted to suit. Denon have released a few android apps recently, one of which is an audio player with DSP. these headphones with that app is where the sound really excels.

All in all an ideal product as far as I am concerned. It delivers in all areas as promised. I am more than pleased with my purchase and just hope they do not disappoint down the line as many have reported

9th Feb 2013 - Alas, my honeymoon period with the exercise freaks has come to its expected end. Mid workout yesterday they just died. They now no longer work. I dont think they can handle the sweat as well as denon claim. Looks like ill be heading towards the jaybirds after all, a real shame as the denons were amazing while they lasted

1.0 out of 5 stars Bitterly disappointed., 26 Jun 2014
Was really looking forward to taking these for the first spin on a run. How disappointed was I? Buds don't fit securely (any of them)', the build is loose, and the bluetooth connection cut out all the time, even on my arm on the same side as the bluetooth receiver. I can't find any headphones that are any good for running. I don't believe they exist yet.

1.0 out of 5 stars You don't get what you pay for, 12 Oct 2014
In all honesty I tried these even though I read the bad reviews, as the denon name should mean quality. Sadly it doesn't add up.
The first time I put these on I thought wow the sound is great with great bass walked around the house and had no problem with Bluetooth cutting out. Then I took them out for a run..... I had to hold my phone to neck level to stop the Bluetooth dropping out. Then they stopped working after a couple of months of use.
Sound is great but Denon clearly have not bothered with conectivity issues and a quality build.
Could have been great but fall quite short of the mark considering they are not cheap.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 14 Jun 2014
Great headphones...I have upgraded from a previous pair and wad apprehensive about the price. .. But they are amazing and have good volume and great bass as I would expect from denon...

5.0 out of 5 stars great headphones, 15 Oct 2014
After reading mixed reviews,I decided to buy these anyway,
All I can say is they are the best headphones I've ever owned,they sound awesome,very comfortable in the ear
And are great for running and gym use.
Bluetooth was easy to pair with my Apple iPod nano and I phone,
I have no connection problems with Bluetooth.
Previously I owned a pair of monster I sport victory headphones which had great reviews,but got feed up taking them
Back to shop after 2 weeks of use,
If you like your running I can only highly recommend these headphones

4.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend this product., 12 Jun 2014
First pair returned within 2 weeks because they broke, hope 2nd pair fair better. Excellent sound, very comfortable to wear and over ear style very secure.