5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far!
Had these for about a month now and was almost put off by the couple of bad reviews on here but so far they have been awesome!

I use them in the gym and the only issue being me leaving my iPhone in random places as I'm walking away not realising!!!

Published on 12 Jan. 2013 by Andrew Carpenter

1.0 out of 5 stars Look great shame about the sound
I bought these headphones after a long deliberation over various Bluetooth headsets, the market is after all quite crowded now. Eventually I decided to go with Denon as I have had a few of their products in the past and have found they lived up to their reputation for quality of sound.
Published 6 months ago by Alan M.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far!, 12 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Denon AH-W150 Bluetooth Fitness Sports In-Ear Headphones - Yellow (Electronics)

Sound quality is very good, batter life is good - ran a half marathon outdoors with them and plenty if juice left!

These might be on the pricier side but I haven't found anything similar that I've been as happy with - its only taken 8 years!

As a warning to people buying Bluetooth headphones for the first time (so applies to ALL BT headphones) - sometimes when you go running and put the phone in your pouch / pocket and the phone is covered up by too much clothing or too far out of sight of the headphones then it can cut out. This device so far has only done that a couple of times so very pleased!

1.0 out of 5 stars Look great shame about the sound, 28 Sept. 2014
When the headset arrived I was happy with the design, I chose the blue headset and they do look great, admittedly they were also easy to pair to my iPhone.
Unfortunately the sound quality is very poor, and not up to Denon standards, my last set by plantronics which were cheaper produced a much better sound. I use these headphones at the gym and when out running as I would imagine most prospective buyers will but I can barely hear my music over the traffic let alone the music at the gym! I have tried every set of earbuds to see if they make a difference but they do not have any effect on sound quality.
Looking back I can see why Amazon are selling these at a massive discount however at £50 to £85 depending on the colour these are not even good value at the lower price in my opinion.

2.0 out of 5 stars Should have listened to the negative reviews, 11 Jun. 2014
OK, first things first, the sound quality with these headphones is great under certain conditions (see below). If that was the only consideration I'd be giving them 5 stars. Sadly, it's not all there is...

I found them really awkward to put on in the first place. The housing that sits over each ear is bulky and rather uncomfortable, and it's especially difficult if you're wearing glasses. Consider as well that if you're wearing these when you're out and about you might be taking them off and putting them back on again several times. Not great.

The fit inside the ear is pretty poor. No matter how much I fiddled I couldn't get them to locate correctly, which leads on to the next point - the sound isolation is virtually non-existent. Because they don't fit well with ANY of the supplied tips you end up constantly trying to push them into your ear to get half-decent sound, and because they don't locate properly the richness of your audio disappears. However when you do use your hands to hold them in the sound is lovely. I know these things are subjective, but in this one instance they certainly live up to the Denon name.

Finally, as has been reported numerous times before the Bluetooth sync is very poor. Having my phone in my pocket seems to be too much of a challenge for the headphones, and I got frequent moments of dropout.

Overall this has been a very disappointing experience, saved only by Amazon's return policy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good set of wireless headphones- perfect for running, 17 Dec. 2013
Before purchasing these headphones I had been reading the reviews on here, many of which complain about issues with connectivity. I decided to take a chance and purchase a pair anyway as they fit well with my criteria.

I am using these with a Google Nexus 4 running Android KitKat version 4.4 (and more recently updated to 4.4.2). I can say that so far I have had absolutely *no* issues with connectivity, dropout or losing bluetooth connection. In fact I went as far as to test this in my office by standing about 8 feet away with a wall and metal filing cabinet in between and had no problems with connection.

My main reason for purchasing this set of headphones was to take out running, as I can't stand cables trailing to the phone. I've taken it out on a few 5k runs with my phone in my back pocket - plenty of bumps and movement but again the connection to the headphones remained consistent.

The headphones themselves are lightweight and comfortable to wear. The sound quality is good too - I was pleased with the bass, although they could possibly be a little louder. Not sure about reliability yet as I've only been using them for a month - but so far so good.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Denon AH-W150 fail on the most important requirement!, 19 Dec. 2012
Over the last couple of years in an attempt to get truly wireless while running or in the gym I have made several purchases of Bluetooth 'Sports' headsets (Jaybird, Sennheiser, Motorola, Jabra) . I bought the Denon AH-W150 and was enthusiastic that these would overcome many of the issues I had with previous headsets (comfort, sweat resistance, sound quality, Bluetooth issues, etc).

Admittedly the Denon's sounded great but the moment I took them outside for a run it became apparent that they have the poorest quality Bluetooth reception of any headset I have tested. Despite trying various upper body position for my iPhone 5 the only reliable way to maintain a Bluetooth connection is to physically hold the phone in your hand 6 inches away from the right hand ear piece. The reception is so sensitive that with the phone in a pocket on your jacket its connection could be effected by whether the phone is facing in/out or orientated up/down or even in its case.

This is a real shame as I think some good effort has gone into the actual sound quality and construction of the headsets, but unfortunately if it can't hold a bluetooth connection then it is completely pointless.

Also, regularly when the headset loses connectivity you cannot get it back again unless you restart the headset, and the training app your using, and music player - not easy to do if you try to continue running! On a 1 hour run it happened 10 times and added almost 13 minutes to my normal run time!

Another issue I came across is that using the Denon sports app I was unable to pair it with my +ANT Bluetooth Heart rate strap even though it was paired fine with Endomondo and Runkeeper.

Sorry Denon this a complete fail and I am looking for my money back, especially since they the most expensive bluetooth sports headsets i have purchased to date.

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, but not perfect. Still recommend though., 9 Feb. 2015
The headphones are light, comfortable and sound great. They link to my iPhone 6 so easily and a battery status appears next to the Bluetooth symbol. They last ages between charges. The problem is my iPhone battery appears to deplete quickly. If I listen to an album, I seem to lose about 15% battery life. That's totally unscientific and could be other factors.
The left side push button actives Siri and receives / ends calls. I can hear callers perfectly but they have complained they can't hear me well. The right side button is play / pause / on / off. Sadly the volume controls are internal volume and do nothing to the iPhone's volume.
I've also successfully paired them with my iMac. They will accept one out at a time, so you have to impair and repair to do this.
There is an occasional click and millisecond pause during prolonged playback. I don't know if this is a Bluetooth signal issue or a synchronisation thing. It's barely noticeable and rare in my experience so far.
Only 4 star due to clicking, poor microphone quality and iPhone battery drain. Otherwise they're brilliant and exactly what I wanted for sport and general use. Highly recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Serious connection issues, 17 Feb. 2015
I bought these headphones for use when running to avoid the minor hassle of connecting a cabled headphone to my iPhone. I've used them about 20 times and they have worked properly 5 times. The other times they cut in and out either right from the start or after a few miles into my run. When this happens they become useless and the only option is to shut them off and run without music or else listen to intermittent music like a skipping CD.
If my phone is held right next to them they work fine, but as soon as I move them away to put them in my shorts, jacket or running jumper pocket they are more likely than not to lose connection.
When they do work the sound is not great, but the lack of a cable makes up for this. I've stopped using them now and gone back to my cable headphones, as I just can't trust these not to cut out on me during a run. I'm fairly sure it's not my phone's Bluetooth that is at fault as it connects to a beats pill with no problems even with a wall in the way.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sweat resistant, 11 May 2014
Started hissing and then stopped working after a month of light gym use.

Great while they worked. Not sweat resistant

Amazon customer service is top notch
Immediate hassle free refund

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Denon build quality... But!, 20 Mar. 2015
Okay, they're plastic and don't have that Denon build quality, anyone who knows audio would also realise beforehand that Bluetooth isn't going to give you great sound quality and I agree they are the size of hearing aids...but!

They're sub sixty pounds on amazon, wireless and as someone who really doesn't like earbuds, as they don't ever fit well or stay in, they're actually okay. For working out the low frequencies are good for heavy beats and even on my dodgy ears they stay in place relatively well. For that price if it lasts the length of the warranty period I'm okay with it, else I'll replace them.

In short they're okay.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 14 Jun. 2014
Great headphones...I have upgraded from a previous pair and wad apprehensive about the price. .. But they are amazing and have good volume and great bass as I would expect from denon...