5.0 out of 5 stars Epic
Published 19 months ago by .....

1.0 out of 5 stars biggest bore ever
Ni no kuni is NOT a good game in fact it is awful it made me want to jump off the roof of my house it bored the life out of me, characters gameplay and graphics all terrible the critics were wrong again I assure you everyone will hate this, complete waste of time
Published 18 months ago by MSDAN

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic, 13 Feb 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - Wizard's Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
My game of "this generation" without a doubt. I am new to the jrpg genre and boy I am having a blast. This game as sucked the very soul from my body and is a true work of art. The graphics are amazing, the combat system is top notch. The game has some nice touches that would take too long to write down. If you are undecided about this game, do not hesitate pick it up now.

Just a quick note on the wizards edition. If you have seen the version that people got in north America via ordering direct with Namco do not be fooled. The uk version is very inferior. Go on you tube and watch the us unboxing and the uk unboxing. Our version is still nice, just nowhere near as good as the American one.

5.0 out of 5 stars For me best game ever!, 4 Feb 2013
I love studio ghibli. For three years I have been anticipating the release of this game and I purchased a ps3 specifically because this game was to be released on this platform. Don't get me wrong I have other games to but this one makes me so happy! So far the game play is wonderful, the world is beautiful, the animated cut scene sequences are as expected amazing and in the studio ghibli style it makes me smile every time it's time for a cut scene!

I recommend this game to any rpg lovers and of course to any ghibli fan. It really doesn't get any better for me and I just cannot put it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper Tidy!, 3 April 2013
Mr. Martyn Poole "Rubix78" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Being a huge fan of Studio Ghibli and also a fan of Level 5's previous work I was stoked to hear that there was going to be a RPG collaboration between the two. When I finally got to see some screen shots from the game I was completely hooked to purchase on day of release, something I have moved away from doing now and even opted for the Wizards Edition despite being a little short on coin!
The Wizard edition comes in a beautiful well-presented box, with fantastic artwork around the outside. Inside consists of the game, a well-made Plush toy of Drippy and the Wizard Companion book. The Wizard Companion is also featured in game and you will collect pages as you progress but its nice having to actual book in front of you and it really is a beautiful book.

The graphics are stunning and so too is the soundtrack. Some of the cut scenes are anime style straight from Studio Ghibli which is fantastic to watch and others are taken with in game graphics. One issue I had was that not all the cut scenes are voiced and you will find that the ones that do start off with voices but then quickly revers to text. As the voice acting is superb I couldn't understand why they chose to do this and it does take away some of the games charm.

The controls and battle system is easy to pick up, you collect familiars as you progress through the game which are enemies you have converted to your side and fight on your behalf. Each familiar can be leveled up, trained, morphed and given new equipment. There are loads of them in the game and there is even a trophy for getting 250 different ones which seemed to me a bit excessive considering I finished the game at 80 hours with 128 which is only over half the needed amount. During battle each of the three characters you have will hold up to 3 familiars. At the end of each battle all 9 familiars and 3 characters will gain experience whether you use them or not. This is a handy way of leveling up new familiars or leveling up ones you have just morphed as once they change they fall back to a level 1. You can swap and chose your familiars and characters during a battle which is wise as different characters will affect enemies in different ways. The battles are flawless however I did have an issue with defense. You get an option to give an order for an all-out attack or defend by clicking one button however this does not include your own character, if you are in the middle of attacking you have to cancel the attack then chose defend from the battle options. This can take some time and sometimes when you are under pressure you can get flustered trying to get everyone in a defense position. It's not an issue with low level enemies but can be later in the game when tackling the harder bosses and hunts it becomes a real issue.

The story is everything I expected it to be, its fresh colorful and warm hearted with a splash of darkness which I loved. Later in the game the story really opens up and without saying too much there is a couple of nice twists I didn't see coming.

Ni No Kuni also has side quests however most of them are the same and can become repetitive. The hunts are a nice touch, I always like RPG's with Enemy hunts in however 95% of them were very easy to do but provided a nice bit of EXP.

There is also a tournament which was challenging near the end, a casino which features slots and card games and a puzzle game which uses the left and right analogue sticks to get two characters through a maze which I found very challenging yet ingenious.
My issues with this game are only small and I have mentioned both already. These are the defense system and repetitive side quests; apart from this I absolutely loved the game. I managed to get all but two trophies in 80 hours; I could easily get the other two however it involves a hell of a lot of grinding and luck. If you are a JRPG don't let this game pass you by.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wizard's Edition review, 11 Oct 2013
I managed to obtain a copy of the Wizard's Edition recently and I can happily say that I am very pleased with my purchase. As other reviewers of the Wizard's Edition have said, the stand-out item is the Wizard's Companion book. It's extremely well-made; with all manner of material inside that not only expands upon the universe of Ni No Kuni, but also comes in handy for actually playing the video game itself (there are spoilers within mind). The Drippy plush doll is also good (and a tad cute if you like that sort of thing) and the DLC is useful too, but the Wizard's Companion is arguably one of the nicest video game collector's pieces that I've come across - and I've come across a few!

By the way, the game itself isn't too bad either...

5.0 out of 5 stars already a contender for game of the year and its only febuary!, 12 Feb 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I was glad to receive my wizards edition on launch day with the excellent spell book and Mr drippy plushy (good innit mun) plus extra dlc. what can I say about this game that already hasn't been said, not much really it has amazing graphics an awesome soundtrack and is a mix of classic RPG and pokemon and a adventure that will last you over 60 hours worth of gaming what's not to like. the only bad point is the fiasco the publisher made (Namco Bandai) with the stock of the game they didn't count on the game selling out so quick and a lot of people ended up getting their order cancelled.

awesome game highly recommend it to any PS3 owner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 24 Feb 2013
Bought this game due to it being worked on by Studio Ghibli and was lucky enough to grab a copy of the Wizards Edition. Was so surprised at the quality of the Wizards Companion book as I'd expected it to be the cheap quality item you usually get with other video games, but Level-5 and Studio Ghibli have made a quality item and this is probably my favourite game related item I have in my collection.

As for the game, the story is great, the animation is very nice and the actual game plays like a more classic JRPG and not some of the more recent efforts that have been released.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ni No Kuni, 18 Feb 2013
Ni No Kuni at first glance seems like a typical JRPG with very little to offer in terms of challenge to a veteran player of most RPGs, however this bundle of sugary rapped goodness ensures you enjoy the game to the full potential giving you a hard copy of the "Wiseard Handbook". Definitely worth the price I paid, just give the game some time to grow, the visual effects are amazing, the music is imaginative and colourful, and the characters are unforgettable. If only PS3 had more RPGs of this caliber!

5.0 out of 5 stars Square-Enix needs to learn a lot from Level 5, 2 Feb 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I don't normally write reviews for amazon, but in this case I am making an exception, due to the fact that amazon acted INCREDIBLE regarding to my order (more on that at the end).

First lets talk about this wizard Edition.

Inside you have a Doll of Drippy, is cute but nothing really special, the box in wich averything comes does the job but once again is nothing to talk about.

The Wizard Book, that is what is special, is really an amazing and beautiful Book to read, to hold and to watch, is really an special item to hold, everything about the book is great, the illustrations, the cover amazing.

As for an special collectors well is ok, the USA version was better, had a coin, some songs from the soundtrack and some artwork, Hope Namco Bandai dont makes differences nexte time.

As for the game, well you can read hundres of reviews already, I will just say I LOVE IT, it is PURE JRPG MAGIC and made me remember the good old Snes days when Square and Enix (2 differente software houses at the time) were kings.

Up until now no JRPG has been better than this one, I have eternal sonata, resonance of fate, tales of grace f, Tales of abyss (xbox 360), FFXIII 1 and 2 and Star Ocean, and NI NO KUNI is lightyears aheda of any time in both production and gameplay values.

Ni No Kuni speaks good old time married with new possibilities, is just a perfect blend.

If you love JRPG dont even think about this is a PERFECT GAME.

Just hoping this encourages namco to bring tales of xillia 1 and 2 to Europe.

Ni No Kuni= 5/5

Talking about amazon service, this game had a release date of february 1th.

I live in Italy and choosed the free shipping, thinking that they will ship it 2 days before the release date so I will receive it february 2 or the next monday.

However I saw the shipping was going to be january 31, so I would have received the game by the 6 or 7, talking to amazon they explained that only express shipping guarantess the product to be received by the release date.

I tought that was not possible considering that they were shipping the game the 31 and it was impossible to received in 1 day from uk to italy, and I said I was not going to pay more for something that doesn assure me release date anyway, so I kept the free shipping.

Well that same night amazon sent me an email and upgrade my shipping to express for NO COST and I DIT received the release day, 1 DAY!!! I could't believe it.

So once again AMAZON is the best ONLINE place to buy no doubt about. Thanks a Lot amazon you made a very very happy customer.

Can you guys make prime also for non UK customers? :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing game, 26 May 2014
This game feels like you're almost walking through the worlds in the Ghibli films. It has a lovely story line! Bought a second hand bundle, box was a bit worn but apart from that everything was perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars ., 26 Sep 2013
Nanna Hanning - See all my reviews
I totally love this game, and getting the Wizard's Edition with Drippy and the book is just perfect. Love it!

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - Wizard's Edition (PS3)
Used & New from: £89.95