4.0 out of 5 stars I'm marching
the bargain of the century.......3 CDs packed with classic tracks, most I had, but some new to me, and a couple of cover I had never heard, and...... and a lot of old old soul, that I had not played in a long time, a great value for money collection, marked down for lack of liner notes, I always want to know more info about what I'm listening too
Published on 15 Mar. 2013 by Stubby St.George

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Tracks
Covers a wide span and era of music but the sound track needs polishing; or "remastering" as very dull and quiet. Otherwise there's a good selection of Soul and R&B on here that'll bring back many memories.
Published 18 months ago by Mike

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm marching, 15 Mar. 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Tracks, 21 Dec. 2013
Mike (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

4.0 out of 5 stars VFM, 21 April 2013
This review is from: March of the Mods (Audio CD)
The value-for-money March of the Mods - named after the big band Joe Loss Orchestra hit of 1964 - is a 3CD 60 track collection of 1950s and 1960s soul and R&B tunes from Go Entertainment that seeks to connect two distinct musical movements with similar ethos: Mod and Northern Soul. Despite its crude presentation, occasionally poor sound reproduction, and the fact that it bears an uncannily similar track-listing to the 50 track In The Beginning: The Mod Story, it does it pretty well. Some of the choices I already know and love, such as Barrett Strong's'Money', Bo Diddley's 'I'm A Man', and John Lee Hooker's 'Boom Boom'. Other selections - like 'Peppermint Twist' by one hit wonders Joey Dee &the Starliters and The Marathons 'Peanut Butter` - were new and exciting to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice., 25 Feb. 2015
D. Bull "Bully." (West Midlands, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: March of the Mods (Audio CD)
Good collection of songs that I've enjoyed. Any quibbles? Not much in the way of information a minor point but would have given 5 stars otherwise. Quick and efficient service as usual.

5.0 out of 5 stars More out-of-copyright stuff!, 15 Feb. 2013
This review is from: March of the Mods (Audio CD)
Yet another ridiculously cheap way of getting the best pop music ever made.

60 fabulous pre-62 sounds that cover blues, ska, soul, dance craze hits and pop, many of which would become more famous in British hands ('Shout' - Lulu, 'A Certain Girl' - The Yardbirds, 'You Better Move On' - The Stones, 'Stay' - The Hollies, etc. etc.).

The only negative is the predictable cover shot of Mods on Scooters (again!!!), and that phrase that sends a shiver down the spine of any music lover.....'Northern Soul'.
Rest assured, the CDs are much better and more varied than the packaging would suggest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories, 15 Nov. 2013
C. Patterson "Banjo" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: March of the Mods (Audio CD)
Bought for my husband who is enjoying the old times, all good classics in one good buy for all you old mod fans

5.0 out of 5 stars Mods., 4 Dec. 2013
This review is from: March of the Mods (Audio CD)
I like this c.d a lot,hope you will to.the two c.ds sounds great you will have fun having a dance to this.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like this collection of 60s music its great stuff and ..., 20 Oct. 2014
R. Underwood (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: March of the Mods (Audio CD)
I really like this collection of 60s music its great stuff and I like it in my car while driving along

5.0 out of 5 stars great compilation cd, 22 April 2013
This review is from: March of the Mods (Audio CD)
delivered very quickly a superb compilation album. excellent value for money not the usual songs that are just rehashed and given a different name

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 10 Dec. 2014
This review is from: March of the Mods (Audio CD)
A good set for a cheap price.

March of the Mods
March of the Mods by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2013)