5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bit Of Software
Easy to use software out of the box for beginners what more could you ask.
Good editing tools and very good output quality than some i have tried give it
a try I'm sure you will not be sorry.

Worth the money.

Published 14 months ago by A.G

BEWARE: I found what looked like a cheaper price for this product 30 but I was sent a cut down OEM version, even though the seller never mentioned OEM (just flat packed) with the same description suite 12 version.

It seems to be short the second CD for the suite, so although it has "suite" on the cover it's more like the cheaper non-suite version...
Published 12 months ago by E. Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware buying this at a cheap price and getting an OEM version., 24 July 2013
E. Thomas - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12 (DVD-ROM)

It seems to be short the second CD for the suite, so although it has "suite" on the cover it's more like the cheaper non-suite version!

Partly this is Sony's fault for not making any mention of an OEM version in their comparison page.

[...]

but I've read once you install it, you'll be asked to upgrade to the full version!

SEE BELOW:

"To add to above, I just found this 'upgrade option' in My Account / My Software
(even though I have registered the MSPS 12 "full")

Upgrade MSPS OEM to MSPS Full
Upgrade Movie Studio Platinum 12 Suite OEM edition to the full retail version of Movie Studio Platinum 12 Suite. Includes NewBlueFX 3D Titling and Video Effects, 50 Production Music Soundtracks, Vocal Eraser plug-in, Pixelcast Plus Account - 1 Year, Red Giant Magic Bullet Quick Looks, Movie Studio Platinum Suite Tutorials, and 1,001 Sound Effects. Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 and DVD A Studio 5 seem to be in the OEM."

[...]

I just want to warn people so they don't fall into the same trap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bit Of Software, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12 (DVD-ROM)
Easy to use software out of the box for beginners what more could you ask.
Good editing tools and very good output quality than some i have tried give it
a try I'm sure you will not be sorry.

Worth the money.

My system Specs: [Windows 7 64bit 8GB Ram] - [CPU Intel i7-3610QM @ 2.30GHz Quad Core] - [GFX Cards Intel 400 & NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M]

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice product offering all the Amateur requires for video editing, 9 Feb 2013
Mr. N. J. Roberts (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12 (DVD-ROM)
Offers a surprising depth of facilities and as a previous user of Vegas Pro 8, I found this covers all I need.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING VIDEO EDITOR, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12 (DVD-ROM)
To make my YouTube career better i wanted a good cheep-ish editing software that was made by a good well-known company. It was easy to setup and easy to understand how to use with the video guided tutorials. 5 stars. Fantastic.

Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12
Sony Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12 by Sony (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista)
49.99