5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, looks great and holds a lot
This arrived well packaged in a big box, and next-day thanks to Prime. It's a lovely looking, well made day-sack that looks tiny when it's empty. I've checked all the seams and straps and nothing looks like it'll fail or tear and the fabric is strong and tough-looking with good-quality easy-to-use zips.

I was initially worried that it was way too small, as I...
Published 5 months ago by

3.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus twentyfourseven
This rucksack is a great size and ideal for packing your lunch in when out on a walk. The stitching started to come away around the zip two weeks after purchase.
Published 18 months ago by miss g heathcote

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, looks great and holds a lot, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Berghaus Twentyfourseven 15L Backpack (Sports)

I was initially worried that it was way too small, as I want it for a light-weight cabin-baggage-only bag for a 10-day holiday to Crete. However, when I filled it with all my luggage (ok, I'm travelling light!) it all fitted with room to spare. I've filled it with... a pestemal (large, but thin beach towel), two shirts, two t-shirts, shorts, undies, wash-bag, snorkel and face-mask, flip-flops, peaked cap, swimming trunks, phone and charger, plug converter and documents etc. With all this packed in it the weight is 5.5 lbs and it's comfortable to wear either using both straps, or casually with just one strap. Also, a standard-size water bottle fits perfectly in the mesh side pocket - but I'll buy that on the flight-side of the airport, of course.

I'll wear longs and a fleece to travel out, though I could still fit the fleece into the bag if necessary. And, of course, it's well within the cabin-luggage size and weight limits so there'll be no hanging round waiting for the bags to come through at the airport - just straight off to the hotel!

I've probably put way too much information here, but hey, maybe it'll help someone out there!

UPDATE after the holiday: This rucksack turned out to be as good as I'd hoped. There was no problem having it on the aeroplane as cabin luggage, and it managed to hold everything I needed. I ended up taking a bit more than I described above, and with careful packing there was still a bit of room to squeeze in a few more small items. On holiday it doubled as a really useful beach bag and a day bag for sight-seeing and walking trips. It got a good bit of abuse from being thrown around on rocky beaches and ended up fairly dusty, but there is no sign of any damage or wear. If you are happy to travel light and want the freedom to just jump off the plane and go, then this is certainly a rucksack to consider!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good Day Bag, 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: Berghaus Twentyfourseven 15L Backpack (Sports)
This is exactly the right size for a day out walking, or a day in the city. I also use it to carry by extra things like a towel and water for the gym. As with all previous Berghaus products it sits comfortably on the shoulders and doesn't leave you with a sweaty back!

3.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus twentyfourseven, 24 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but very functional backpack., 28 Jun 2013
Beautiful but very functional backpack. Size is deceiving it is very roomy and very sturdy. Excellent quality very happy buyer. Daughter is trying it out doing trekking, backpacking and charity work in Ghana, looks like it will stand up to the test.

4.0 out of 5 stars New bag, 9 Oct 2013
Having looked at lots of other bags, this one is a great size holds more than you think & comfortable to carry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice size, 15 May 2013
L. Murray "Lornz" (Aberdeen Scotland) - See all my reviews
I purchased this as a bag that I could use for a change of clothes and shoes when walking to work and needing to change when I get there. Perfect size for this

5.0 out of 5 stars great wee daysack, 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: Berghaus Twentyfourseven 15L Backpack (Sports)
good sturdy rucksack perfect for day to day activities like taking the dog out .you can put your water and the dogs bowl etc in it without wearing a jacket with all the pockets woof woof !!!!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars rucksack, 27 Sep 2013
It is very nice quality but I didn't like the sloping zip pocket on the front as it was small and would allowed things to fall out due to the angle. I found the main zip a real pain as it has a thick, solid lip of material over the edge, which has to be pulled back before use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice rucksack, a bit smaller than I would have liked, 20 Jun 2014
The rucksac is well made and sturdy but I was a little disappointed with the size of it, was difficult to gauge just by the description and some of the reviews. It would fit a few essentials for a short daytrip, such as water, a guide book and a few other bits and pieces, but you'd be lucky to fit an extra jumper, rain coat or other bulky item. The chest straps are perhaps a little unecessary as this is quite a small rucksack. Perhaps it would be useful to have a photo of the rucksack on someone's back to get an idea of the proportion. Looking back, the 20L or even the 25L would have been more suited to my needs. But can't fault the item itself, hence 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, great size, 6 Oct 2014
I love this bag. I love the style and the colour. It is very well made. I've given it a tug here and there on the seams and it does not look likely to fall apart any time soon.
I debated on the the 10, 15 or the 20 for a while but I feel I made the right choice with the 15 I feel the 10 would have been to small and the 20 too big for my purposes. I use it to have on my back while I jog into work. It is comfortable and fits a change of clothes a pair of shoes and a few other bits and pieces like umbrella, purse, keys, kindle, phone etc. It's surprisingly roomy! I understand the comments that have been made about the lip that goes around the zip. It makes it tricky to get into the main bag in a hurry but I don't really mind.
It has an elasticated pouch inside on the back panel that comes up about half way and on the front inside, it's got a little Velcro section and a mesh section. I keep pens and lip balm here personally and then on the outside it's got a small slanted zip compartment and in here I keep my keys, travel pass and pass to get into the office. There is also a mesh elasticated water bottle section on the outside of the bag that fits a 500ml water bottle. Hook on the top to hang it up and a chest strap which I don't think is really necessary for a big this size but I certainly won't knock any stars off for that.
I would highly recommend it to anyone who runs/jogs/cycles/goes for walks etc or even just as a day pack.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›