on 25 April 2013
I really enjoyed the book. The concept is simple enough - stitching in various machine stitches with coordinated decorative threads, crouching and a splash of hand stitching. The results are great. And very achievable. The book makes you want to have a go, and I really think a total beginner would still get lovely results.
on 18 August 2013
I have this book on my tablet and can refer to it at any time without rifling through my book shelf. It is not only colourful but gives a lot of instruction on types of stitches, ways to use them, and how to stitch them. I hadn't come across this lady before, so it was an advantage to being able to look inside before I bought the book
on 4 July 2015
For some odd reason, the hardback version of this book is set at some ridiculously high price so I (a little bit grumpily) settled for the kindle version. Its a good book, with plenty of detailed instructions that take you through making a highly colourful textile creation. It also has some handy tips and suggestions for taking your own ideas to another level. This is why there are other artists creations featured in the book - they show how versatile this type of stitching work is and also how you make other items apart from wall hangings, using this method. I like the style of writing too, in that she makes it all very relaxed and encourages you to experiment.
on 9 January 2014
I love this author and her style of teaching, her samples and tuition is simply inspirational, highly recommend this book for any embroiderer or textile enthusiast who lacks confidence like myself, it is easy to follow and the piece is achievable.
on 28 March 2014
I was a bit disappointed with this book as there was not a lot of content and it remained very simple. Would have liked a more advanced approach too. Illustrations and photography good
on 18 December 2013
I love this book - it has lots of great advice; useful information; hints and tips; and inspiring photography. Ideal for City and Guilds textiles course students.
on 3 November 2014
This book is not worth buying as it consists mainly of photographs of other peoples' work. There is little coherent information within and is extremely short. I feel I have been deliberately misled as to the content and would have given it a no-star rating if it were physically possible to do so.
on 9 December 2013
This book takes a particular style and a few techniques in fabric art to give you ideas for making your own pictures or hangings in a similar style. Great for beginners as all is clearly explained. Some nice lush colour photos.
on 2 March 2014
Great book really inspiring. Clear instructions and ideas for development. Made me want to get sewing straight away! I would recommend this book for beginners and experienced sewers alike.
on 23 July 2015
This is a wonderfully clear, inspirinng, easy to follow book which is crammed with good ideas for simple ways to embellish fabric using your sewing machine. I have already started on a project and have had a great deal of fun practising techniques including mechine couching of cords, using different pre-programmed embroidery stitches in imaginative ways, combining lots of different braids, threads and yarns to make a piece of fabric which is truly unique. I would recommend this book highly.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse