on 9 August 2014
To begin with I was more than a little disappointed as I found the image of my ps3 game lacked in colour saturation & everything seemed a bit sort of bland. But over a short period of time I began to get to know my new television quite well & began adjusting my settings etc I got hi def working for my game only to realize my game was not in full 1080 hd but in 720 I think it was but after adjusting some of the contrast & colour along with brightness reduction I have now got an unbelievably sound picture & the definition is as good as ive seen on many other well known brands that cost twice as much so if you don't mind tinkering to some extent with the picture then I would recommend this Blaupunkt television to my friends if they where looking at acquiring a new tv it is really very good value for money it is easy to use & find your way around very soon after getting it out of the box & plugged in I just hooked up my cable tv box & playstation I ran a 3.5mm jack plug to phono plugs from the headphone socket on the side of the tv (there are several ports here) to my amplifier so I can listen to my tv in the stereo quality provided by a good amplifier driving a good pair of loudspeakers. More importantly the GTA5 game I play sounds awesome through the system if I turn it up a little its quite immersive on its own. Nevertheless the tvs own sound system was adequate but lacked a little depth you can only get by larger speakers the bass is lost in translation a bit but if u turn it up it sounds ok I havnt detected any distortion since I have been using the set. So overall after my initial misjudgement of this fine value tec savy product I have to admit I am chuffed to bits with it my playstation games look totally amazing the news has much clearer interference now lol, no the resolution of this screen is as good as I think necessary although some of the products coming along in a few years may see a new realism in the broadcasting industry all over again. Blaupunkt are a german company & I think blaupunkt means blue point, they where & probably still are one of the high end car entertainment system manufacturers, producing radio cassette players for the motor trade is how I remembered the company logo a blue dot, I think.
on 24 May 2014
Unfortunately had problems with this item as soon as switched on, Im an old Video recorder technician so know how to set TVs up. On HDMI 2 using PS3 the picture and games are crystal clear, as before with our 32inch Sharp we just sold because of the small text was causing eye strain.

On HDMI 1 using Virgin Tivo box , the picture is terrible, worse in fact than watching an analogue transmission or something. All the faces on Sky news for instance have lines round there faces, and presenters look like ghosts with white faces, contrasts of white areas show no detail, unless you put contrast down to 30 % then its so dark, you cant see a thing, especially when some ones being interviewed on bright sunshine, the background is always whitened out, and very blurred.

On our new Samsung new Blu -Ray Theatre, Picture quality again is extremely disappointing, resulting in it being so dark have to keep changing all the picture settings each time I have changed source from The Tivo Box. Again actors faces appear with ghost like faces with no features even on warm settings, the picture if brightened just loses all detail, and in some cases the Blu Ray film such as Dantes Peak is almost impossible to watch without changing the picture controls all the way through it, then it will suddenly lose picture, brings up a whole screen of green lines, then TV turns itself off ???

Since day one, only had it 3 days, I suddenly keep getting the screen changing to green lines, and no picture and the television turns itself off by itself. it does this 3 times a day which isnt normal. So im awaiting the sellers response. Once the issue is resolved will give another review. Strange that PS3 uses the default 720 resolution but is crystal clear, but 1080 on HD Tivo Box and the Blu Ray, gives an almost unwatchable picture
on 20 January 2015
Had this TV before Christmas 2014.Needed to watch and see if any problems occurred. Clean bill of health.Looks great l wall mounted mine,this saved so much space.I can preload the days programmes and not worry( except sometimes on Dave or Drama who overrun) No need for TV times.This had a bright clear screen,lovely depth to.No distortion from 18ft to nose on screen.
VINE VOICEon 1 September 2013
When you first plug this in at home you get orange people and bright glaring colours that bleed into each other. HOWEVER once you get into the various menus you can get a nice quality image that is lovely to watch.

Admittedly many of the features go unused when you plug in a cable box and just watch that, we had v+, surroundsound, a multimedia pc, ps2 and pvr plugged in to use with this and it was simple to navigate.

My issue is with the buttons, it has both a toggle switch and touch button for the main power/standby which for the life of me (with both a red and blue LED) I never managed to press in the correct order to turn the thing on or off. It is also worth noting that with our set up the surround sound was plugged into the V+ box so even if the TV was programmed to turn off at a specific time of night the sound would just keep on going in the dark.

It would keep the settings in the event of a powercut.

I was very happy with the TV and was pleased to be able due to it's quality sell it on when it was over a year old having had no faults with it in that time.
on 21 March 2014
Very good value for the money my use for these screens is for CCTV and the picture quality is fantastic thank you Amazon
on 6 December 2013
Fantastic picture , sound and price !!! . I don't believe you could get better for this price , it really is that good.
on 27 November 2013
Arrived within a couple of days of dispatch via FedEx (thankfully not yodel). Set-up was easy, auto-tune found all the freeview digital tv & radio channels and also found & connected to my Virgin Media box straight away. Picture and sound quality very good for the price.
Tv was branded Blaupunkt with a Samsung screen.
Only one scart socket but there are 3 hdmi ones.
on 16 January 2015
Bought one of these on boxing day as a present...initially pleased with the quality, and the picture quality. Really easy to set up, and all was well, until yesterday. Tv on, then the screen just went black, full sound, and the remote wouldn't operate anything. left it for a while, tried again , but still a black screen. The set was purchased from Tesco, who no longer stock the item, as they only had them for a sale. Not able to get a direct replacement, but would have to pay £100 for the cheapest equivalent. The set did come with a 5 year warranty, so I did not expect it to fail after 3 weeks.not impressed at all.
on 24 November 2014
I absolutely hate this TV, the picture is Green, I have had 2 now and they both have a green circle in the middle of the screen, when calling Blauplunkt they were really rude to me saying oh well you have just had bad luck !!! bad luck I had to lug this TV back and fourth to the shop twice !! only to have the 2nd one faulty with the same crappy picture, pixalated and green when there is dark colours, ie, dark backgrounds, you can see a big green circle on the picture !! The sound is crap too, we have to switch it up to about 30 to hear it, my daughters can't even hear it and it needs an extra soundbar !! I suggest you do not buy this TV, go for something with a more branded name.
on 19 May 2014
I wanted a 40" Tv and was searching the internet for a bargain. Luckily I found this. Approximately £100 cheaper than "named" brands I ordered the TV

The TV arrived in its excellent packaging and my partner and me took it out of the box.

Im disabled and my partner has no mechanical or electrical know-how at all, but getting the set to work was a doddle.

The instructions are minimal with no manual included but setting up the telly was a cakewalk.

The picture is superb with full HD coupled with good sound quality.

An excellent buy for a summer of sporting viewing!!!