4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for the Microsoft Surface Tablet
I bought this for my Microsoft Surface tablet and it works really well. I wanted something on the move, as I don't like to just rely and use the touch screen interface. Especially when editing documents and files on the move. Scrolling works on the tablet too like a normal mouse.

Published 20 months ago by Zardon

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid
I'm surprised that this has received so many good reviews.
Published 10 months ago by Harv

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for the Microsoft Surface Tablet, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Retail Packaging) (Accessory)

it paired immediately and has worked really well. It also connected fine to my Sony laptop.

it is very small, but usable and ideal for tight positions, such as if on a flight, or with only a few inches of room for tracking.

Very well built and quite responsive.

Recommmended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Retail Packaging) (Accessory)
I'm surprised that this has received so many good reviews.
I'm usually a Microsoft advocate as I own, use and support Microsofts software and hardware products at work and at home. This is the first of Microsofts that I absolutely can not stand (most I like, and only a few others I learn to tolerate), and I returned the first of two thinking that the first was a dud, and the replacement would be better. I was wrong.
I'm over the size of it - and in fact the tiny size and design is its only saving grace. Once I had my attention taken away from the design and started to use it though, it all went wrong. The gestures (with Windows 8 and 8.1), whilst they work is too small a surface area to make it less than frustrating navigating anything within Windows. The scrolling up and down is either too small in stages, or scrolls at such a fast pace, that there seems to be no happy medium. The lag and delay of scrolling is bad too - forget trying to scroll a line at a time, by the time it has finished registering how far your finger has moved, it has either scrolled too much or too little (depending on its mood it seems).
The right-click function has a very specific spot on the right hand side where it will actually register (too far forward and it will take a right click as a left click). Also, if you are merely resting your index finger on the top of the mouse not so that it clicks, but just on top (which I do occasionally) - when right clicking, again it will take the right-click as a left click. The solution is to lift your index finger off the mouse first before you use your other finger to right click, but I'm not keen on changing the way I use a mouse that I have been using for over 15 years, just to make this mouse do what I want it to.
Lastly (and this was the final straw which prompted me to send it back), was the fact that the device constantly and consistently decided to break its Bluetooth connection to my Surface Pro and the only way to pair it again was to remove the device and then add it again. Having to do this 3 times in one day has resulted in this review (of which I don't often take time out to write many).

This is an awful product and I'm getting rid of it as soon as I can now.
I can't even bring myself to give it more than 1 star. An extra star would imply that there is something about it that I like. If this was a door stop I'd give it more stars for its design. Its apparently laughably being sold as a mouse though, which makes its design a mute point given it doesn't work like one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding product, 2 July 2013
Damian Lynch "Damian" (edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Retail Packaging) (Accessory)
This does everything it claims and more.
Even the apple guys, who normally mock all my Windows devices, have conceded how cool this device is.

I cant imagine ever using a conventional mouse or touchpad ever again.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Agony & The Ecstasy, 30 Sep 2013
PWS (Hampshire (UK)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Retail Packaging) (Accessory)
The ecstacy comes from the looks and the build quality; the agony comes from it's functionality and ergonomics.
I really wanted to like this mouse. It looks really cool and runs from one AA cell. However after a week of using it I finally had to admit to myself that we were not getting along well together.

The issues are:
1/ Unlike a conventional mouse with this mouse you have to grip (note grip, not just place fingers on) each side with your thumb (left side) and middle finger (right side) leaving your pointing finger for clicking and scrolling. The sides of this mouse are smooth shiny metal which makes them slippy so you need to exert reasonable pressure to maintain a hold on the unit. This gets a bit tiring after a while. Also the flat metal surface feels uncomfortable against the fingers.
2/ Scrolling is done by moving the finger against a touch sensitive surface. There is no tactile feedback - as you would get from a scroll wheel - so, unless you are quite carefull all the time, you end up scrolling right past what you really want to see on the screen.
3/ It's just too darn small for prolonged use. I've got quite small hands but using this mouse just felt awkward, as though my fingers were being made to adopt strange stress inducing positions.

Nice try Microsoft but the bottom line is that it's a triumph of cool looks over human factors design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Mouse, 22 April 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Retail Packaging) (Accessory)
Tech has come a long way in the last few years. I had this working on my Surface Pro about 30 seconds after I took it out of the (very cool) packaging. The design is really nice - it looks a bit strange at first sight, but the vertical and horizontal scrolling works by simply running a finger across it - and it auto-detects which direction you want to go in. The battery release is cool as well. I use my Surface for business quite a bit and this definitely enhances it - the inbuilt touchpad is as good as you could expect for a device of this size, but it is a bit small and easy to accidentally move files you were not intending to when using Desktop mode.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, 21 Aug 2013
Andrew Ward - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Retail Packaging) (Accessory)
It's a pretty good mouse, but difficult to get used to. Certainly miles better than a laptop trackpad.

My main issue with it, that makes me drop it a couple of stars, is that if you hold it so that you click the 'buttons' right near the top edge - like I still do, despite now having worked out that I shouldn't - it almost always detects a right-click as a left-click. If you click in the middle of the right hand side - no problems. Near the top of the right hand side - it detects a left click.

Pretty annoying, but perhaps I'll get used to it eventually! It's certainly a very slick mouse, with a high build quality - but I want my right-clicks to be properly detected 100% of the time, like they are on a 2 mouse.

2.0 out of 5 stars Avoid - beautiful but flawed, 30 July 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Retail Packaging) (Accessory)
I bought this mouse about two months ago and it's been my primary mouse for work so it's had a lot of use. While small it feels nice in the hand and it didn't take long for me to get used to the slightly unusual feel of it.

The touch gestures are a little tricky to master - I never did - it's hard to be as precise for something as simple as up and down scrolling as with a track wheel but that might just be me.

The two big issues with it, and the reason I won't replace the one I've just hurled into the bin in disgust, are the poor Bluetooth connectivity and the fragile build quality.

When using it it appears to regularly lose connection to the PC (in my case a Surface Pro - so I guess it could be the Surface, goodness knows that devices has its challenges!) and you're left with no mouse for a few seconds. About half the time it seems to just reconnect automatically, the other half I switch it off and on again and it reconnects. This just becomes too aggravating after a while.

Finally, it's just too fragile. I don't think I've been particularly rough with it(!) - it lives in a little pouch in my laptop bag and comes in and out every day... I don't recall dropping it and don't think it could have got knocked around in the bag too much. Either way, the battery door - which is slick when it works - just got locked in place and after 10 minutes of gently trying to tease it open I ended up just ripping it off in frustration and killing it. I can say with certainty that it didn't get 1/10 of the maltreatment my Logitech wireless mouse got in the two years I had it (dropped by children countless times, and they weren't allowed near the Touch Wedge) - and that mouse is still working (and am about to go back to it).

So this is a pretty mouse, which promises much, is lovely and compact, but it's just not reliable or robust enough to be used daily, in and out of a laptop case - which seems to me to be rather the point of such a small mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderfull little mouse, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Retail Packaging) (Accessory)
Works perfectly, very sensitive, but not overly so. Great for use on windows 8 devices and Surface RT, where linking via Bluetooth is easy even where other devices are present at the same time, such as the wedge keyboard, which works together seamlessly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, compact mouse, but serious flaw means it's not fit for purpose, 20 July 2014
dazkg (Chesterfield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Retail Packaging) (Accessory)
Managed to get this mouse recently at over 50% off RRP and I'm glad I did, cos it's rubbish. Bought it to match my Microsoft Wedge Touch Keyboard (which is good). Fairly regular freezes (no doubt caused by disconnecting from Bluetooth), but it does reconnect quickly within 5 or so seconds. The mouse is compact and comfortable, however it appears there's a known right click issue, thereby causing a left click instead. It takes a lot of work and practice, clicking higher up the mouse to get it to work. This is not just a flaw, it renders this mouse unfit for purpose and it should not be even on sale! Shame on you Microsoft.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much Smaller than you think I expect ?, 22 July 2013
Tellboy (Manchester) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Retail Packaging) (Accessory)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you position this Microsoft Wedge touch Mouse on a Standard Square Post It Note you still have about 10mm space around it so it was to me suprisingly small.
It is packaged in a very expensive looking quality design box much in the manner of an Apple product and the mouse itself has a quality feel about it.
You will need a Laptop or PC enabled for Bluetooth or buy a USB Bluetooth such as Plugable Bluetooth 4.0 Adaptor supplied also by Amazon.
It paired up immediately on a Dell XPS Desktop which has Bluetooth built in. Many devices have failed to pair up on this fairly old PC but this one, running Windows 7, I just followed on screen prompts to install software and drivers which is done online only not using a CD.
Be aware that this Mouse is not enabled for Touchpad gestures, just scrolling vertical and horizontal with left and right click. Vertical scrolling direction can be reversed once the Software is installed and is named "Flip Scrolling Direction".
It was not so easily installed in Windows 8 and I had to search for Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse to install the Software and Driver after initially locking up on the Metro Screen installation.
In use I found the default settings very sensitive and had to reduce them. The Mouse does have a postive click rather than a tap gesture.
With the size being so small I found that using a mousemat with a Gel Wrist support was easier on the desktop PC.
I am not sure how long the AA battery will last as switching it off using the same small button you use for pairing is fairly fiddly.
I like it and now use it a lot.
Update
Don't forget if you are trying this Bluetooth device on more than one computer that it will only pair up with one of them at a time.
I didn't remember this and it will of course frustratingly report as "Offline" on one of them if they are both switched on. I wasted a couple of hours re-installing before I remembered this important fact.