4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for the Microsoft Surface Tablet
I bought this for my Microsoft Surface tablet and it works really well. I wanted something on the move, as I don't like to just rely and use the touch screen interface. Especially when editing documents and files on the move. Scrolling works on the tablet too like a normal mouse.

Published on 11 Dec. 2012 by Zardon

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid
I'm surprised that this has received so many good reviews.
Published 17 months ago by Harv

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 8 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Accessory)
I'm surprised that this has received so many good reviews.
I'm usually a Microsoft advocate as I own, use and support Microsofts software and hardware products at work and at home. This is the first of Microsofts that I absolutely can not stand (most I like, and only a few others I learn to tolerate), and I returned the first of two thinking that the first was a dud, and the replacement would be better. I was wrong.
I'm over the size of it - and in fact the tiny size and design is its only saving grace. Once I had my attention taken away from the design and started to use it though, it all went wrong. The gestures (with Windows 8 and 8.1), whilst they work is too small a surface area to make it less than frustrating navigating anything within Windows. The scrolling up and down is either too small in stages, or scrolls at such a fast pace, that there seems to be no happy medium. The lag and delay of scrolling is bad too - forget trying to scroll a line at a time, by the time it has finished registering how far your finger has moved, it has either scrolled too much or too little (depending on its mood it seems).
The right-click function has a very specific spot on the right hand side where it will actually register (too far forward and it will take a right click as a left click). Also, if you are merely resting your index finger on the top of the mouse not so that it clicks, but just on top (which I do occasionally) - when right clicking, again it will take the right-click as a left click. The solution is to lift your index finger off the mouse first before you use your other finger to right click, but I'm not keen on changing the way I use a mouse that I have been using for over 15 years, just to make this mouse do what I want it to.
Lastly (and this was the final straw which prompted me to send it back), was the fact that the device constantly and consistently decided to break its Bluetooth connection to my Surface Pro and the only way to pair it again was to remove the device and then add it again. Having to do this 3 times in one day has resulted in this review (of which I don't often take time out to write many).

This is an awful product and I'm getting rid of it as soon as I can now.
I can't even bring myself to give it more than 1 star. An extra star would imply that there is something about it that I like. If this was a door stop I'd give it more stars for its design. Its apparently laughably being sold as a mouse though, which makes its design a mute point given it doesn't work like one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for the Microsoft Surface Tablet, 11 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Accessory)

it paired immediately and has worked really well. It also connected fine to my Sony laptop.

it is very small, but usable and ideal for tight positions, such as if on a flight, or with only a few inches of room for tracking.

Very well built and quite responsive.

Recommmended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding product, 2 July 2013
Damian Lynch "Damian" (edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Accessory)
This does everything it claims and more.
Even the apple guys, who normally mock all my Windows devices, have conceded how cool this device is.

I cant imagine ever using a conventional mouse or touchpad ever again.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Agony & The Ecstasy, 30 Sept. 2013
PWS (Hampshire (UK)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Accessory)
The ecstacy comes from the looks and the build quality; the agony comes from it's functionality and ergonomics.
I really wanted to like this mouse. It looks really cool and runs from one AA cell. However after a week of using it I finally had to admit to myself that we were not getting along well together.

The issues are:
1/ Unlike a conventional mouse with this mouse you have to grip (note grip, not just place fingers on) each side with your thumb (left side) and middle finger (right side) leaving your pointing finger for clicking and scrolling. The sides of this mouse are smooth shiny metal which makes them slippy so you need to exert reasonable pressure to maintain a hold on the unit. This gets a bit tiring after a while. Also the flat metal surface feels uncomfortable against the fingers.
2/ Scrolling is done by moving the finger against a touch sensitive surface. There is no tactile feedback - as you would get from a scroll wheel - so, unless you are quite carefull all the time, you end up scrolling right past what you really want to see on the screen.
3/ It's just too darn small for prolonged use. I've got quite small hands but using this mouse just felt awkward, as though my fingers were being made to adopt strange stress inducing positions.

Nice try Microsoft but the bottom line is that it's a triumph of cool looks over human factors design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Mouse, 22 April 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Accessory)
Tech has come a long way in the last few years. I had this working on my Surface Pro about 30 seconds after I took it out of the (very cool) packaging. The design is really nice - it looks a bit strange at first sight, but the vertical and horizontal scrolling works by simply running a finger across it - and it auto-detects which direction you want to go in. The battery release is cool as well. I use my Surface for business quite a bit and this definitely enhances it - the inbuilt touchpad is as good as you could expect for a device of this size, but it is a bit small and easy to accidentally move files you were not intending to when using Desktop mode.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended companion device for tablets if you want portability, 12 Nov. 2014
Ankur Banerjee (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Accessory)
I bought this as a companion for my Surface Pro 2 hybrid. My main concern was that I needed a portable device; I already have a Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse which I love, so I wanted to try this out to see what it was like. My other concern was that since the Surface Pro 2 has only one USB port, I didn't want it to be tied up with a USB-Bluetooth dongle. I wanted a mouse that could pair directly.

The size of the mouse really does surprise you - it's smaller than any mouse you've probably used. Pairing is a quick and painless process, even when turning it on from off/sleep state. The Bluetooth connection is established almost instantaneously. Tracking works quite well on a variety of surfaces. Unlike some of the other reviewers, I'm quite happy with the tactile interface. (I guess I'm used to it because I already use the Arc Touch mouse.)

In hindsight though, I've realised that I use my Surface mostly at home because I have my work laptop at work / business trips. The form factor is not really ergonomic - in fact, it tiny size makes it very painful after a while to hold on and work with it. This not a ding on the product because it does and is what it says on the tin - the decision to buy it was mine; just that it doesn't fit in well with my use case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great looking and performing mouse from Microsoft in a cool, ergonomic, wedge design, 17 Jan. 2015
jasonmark39 (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Accessory)
Firstly, I love the look of this, it is so cool. I love the switch underneath which slides open the battery cover, and it only needs 1x AA battery (Duracell included). This works great with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5" Android tablet, easily pairing via bluetooth, upon which a mouse pointer magically appears. The left button functions as "Select" (Tap), the right button functions as "Back", or if long pressed shows/hides the Multi Window Tray. Furthermore, the top surface of the mouse is the Touch Scroll area. It seems to work best if you hold the mouse between your thumb and ring finger or little finger, and tap/scroll with your forefinger. I have had no issues with loss of Bluetooth connectivity, and it wakes quickly after sleeping. All in all a great addition if you're using a tablet. My only criticism is that I think a storage pouch could have been included for the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, 21 Aug. 2013
Andrew Ward - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Accessory)
It's a pretty good mouse, but difficult to get used to. Certainly miles better than a laptop trackpad.

My main issue with it, that makes me drop it a couple of stars, is that if you hold it so that you click the 'buttons' right near the top edge - like I still do, despite now having worked out that I shouldn't - it almost always detects a right-click as a left-click. If you click in the middle of the right hand side - no problems. Near the top of the right hand side - it detects a left click.

Pretty annoying, but perhaps I'll get used to it eventually! It's certainly a very slick mouse, with a high build quality - but I want my right-clicks to be properly detected 100% of the time, like they are on a £2 mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderfull little mouse, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Accessory)
Works perfectly, very sensitive, but not overly so. Great for use on windows 8 devices and Surface RT, where linking via Bluetooth is easy even where other devices are present at the same time, such as the wedge keyboard, which works together seamlessly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looks, poor user control, 22 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Accessory)
To be honest, I couldn't initially decide how to rate this product. It was definitely better than the touchpad on my Acer laptop where scrolls are easily interpreted as clicks, but not as good as my wired Microsoft mouse. The plus side was that the wedge was small and neat and that it didn't tie up scarce USB ports, and I found the wedge drivers easy to install. On the minus side the scrolling was jerky however carefully the finger was moved. Initially I found that my wrist/arm very quickly ached. However, over time I found this ceased to be an issue. I didn't find (as others have reported) that the wedge sides had to be gripped very tightly, and I didn't find any problems with right clicks registering as left clicks. I've been using the wedge quite extensively in the last few weeks while working on Word and Excel documents. I've grown to like the wedge quite a lot in this time, but still feel that a mouse with scroll wheel would perform better.

Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse