4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for the Microsoft Surface Tablet
I bought this for my Microsoft Surface tablet and it works really well. I wanted something on the move, as I don't like to just rely and use the touch screen interface. Especially when editing documents and files on the move. Scrolling works on the tablet too like a normal mouse.

Published on 11 Dec. 2012 by Zardon

3.0 out of 5 stars The Agony & The Ecstasy
The ecstacy comes from the looks and the build quality; the agony comes from it's functionality and ergonomics.
I really wanted to like this mouse. It looks really cool and runs from one AA cell. However after a week of using it I finally had to admit to myself that we were not getting along well together.

The issues are:
1/ Unlike a conventional...
Published 21 months ago by PWS

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for the Microsoft Surface Tablet, 11 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Accessory)

it paired immediately and has worked really well. It also connected fine to my Sony laptop.

it is very small, but usable and ideal for tight positions, such as if on a flight, or with only a few inches of room for tracking.

Very well built and quite responsive.

Recommmended.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Agony & The Ecstasy, 30 Sept. 2013
PWS (Hampshire (UK)) - See all my reviews

The issues are:
1/ Unlike a conventional mouse with this mouse you have to grip (note grip, not just place fingers on) each side with your thumb (left side) and middle finger (right side) leaving your pointing finger for clicking and scrolling. The sides of this mouse are smooth shiny metal which makes them slippy so you need to exert reasonable pressure to maintain a hold on the unit. This gets a bit tiring after a while. Also the flat metal surface feels uncomfortable against the fingers.
2/ Scrolling is done by moving the finger against a touch sensitive surface. There is no tactile feedback - as you would get from a scroll wheel - so, unless you are quite carefull all the time, you end up scrolling right past what you really want to see on the screen.
3/ It's just too darn small for prolonged use. I've got quite small hands but using this mouse just felt awkward, as though my fingers were being made to adopt strange stress inducing positions.

Nice try Microsoft but the bottom line is that it's a triumph of cool looks over human factors design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding product, 2 July 2013
Damian Lynch "Damian" (edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Accessory)
This does everything it claims and more.
Even the apple guys, who normally mock all my Windows devices, have conceded how cool this device is.

I cant imagine ever using a conventional mouse or touchpad ever again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Mouse, 22 April 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Accessory)
Tech has come a long way in the last few years. I had this working on my Surface Pro about 30 seconds after I took it out of the (very cool) packaging. The design is really nice - it looks a bit strange at first sight, but the vertical and horizontal scrolling works by simply running a finger across it - and it auto-detects which direction you want to go in. The battery release is cool as well. I use my Surface for business quite a bit and this definitely enhances it - the inbuilt touchpad is as good as you could expect for a device of this size, but it is a bit small and easy to accidentally move files you were not intending to when using Desktop mode.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, 21 Aug. 2013
Andrew Ward - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Accessory)
It's a pretty good mouse, but difficult to get used to. Certainly miles better than a laptop trackpad.

My main issue with it, that makes me drop it a couple of stars, is that if you hold it so that you click the 'buttons' right near the top edge - like I still do, despite now having worked out that I shouldn't - it almost always detects a right-click as a left-click. If you click in the middle of the right hand side - no problems. Near the top of the right hand side - it detects a left click.

Pretty annoying, but perhaps I'll get used to it eventually! It's certainly a very slick mouse, with a high build quality - but I want my right-clicks to be properly detected 100% of the time, like they are on a £2 mouse.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with Hp stream 8 windows tablet, 3 May 2015
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Accessory)
Finally found this Bluetooth mouse. Needed a Bluetooth mouse (rather than wifi wireless mouse but with dongle) as there only 1 x usb-b port so there's not always room for another device plugged in that requires a sub adaptor to work. No wires. Windows tablets aren't easy to use without a mouse, the menu selection & file selection is difficult without a tiny pointer, my fingers are too wide.Uses 2xAA battery. For my windows Hp tablet. Couldn't find an 8 inch Bluetooth keyboard case with touchpad/mouse, so the alternative was this + standalone keyboard. The wedge also works with my windows pro laptop, mackbook White, & mackbook air but I didn't really need it for the macs.
There are other Bluetooth mice available, but this is one of the smallest I've seen. It's been out over 2yrs. Its a little bit too fast but possibly it can adjusted in win settings. It's not as small as I hoped but it's small to carry. About the width & length of my little finger.
I didn't give it 5 stars due to high price. Small mice don't have to be triple the price of normal mice. Hopefully other manufacturers see the need for smallbluetooth mice or keyboard cases with a touchpad for 7" or 8" tablets, with the increase in tablets over laptops. You can get keyboard cases with a mouse for 10 " ,12 " tablets but your 7-8 " tablet won't fit usually or will rattle around in 3-4 " of extra space. Sad as u by the 8" because u want the smaller pad to carry.
Doesn't work with my iPhone 6 + but I wasn't really expecting it to.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product but flaws detract, 29 Jun. 2014
Anders Rask - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Accessory)
I bought this to use with my Surface Pro 2 and in many ways this is a great match. Despite the three stars this is a product that I am happy with and would recommend, but you should be aware of the flaws before you buy.

This is tiny mouse. To my knowledge there is no smaller mouse available anywhere. As such it is ideal for portability together with the Surface Pro 2. I often carry my Surface in a Snugg case and just have the Wedge mouse in my pocket.

Pairing the Surface and Wedge was super easy, and I have not had any trouble with it loosing connection.

And it looks really smart.

Now for the drawbacks:

It's a tiny mouse. That's the whole purpose. But as such the ergonomics are not wonderful. The bad ergonomics are partially offset by the fact that it's light. But really, this is not mouse you should be working with all day. It's the one you tolerate because of its portability.

The touch area scroll "wheel" does not work very well. I don't use it. I touch the screen to scroll. Generally that works perfectly well for me, but that's not the mouse's doing. In essence, this mouse would be almost useless on a machine without touch screen.

My biggest gripe is that it seems to turn itself on all the time, and when it does it gobbles up the battery. Don't know if others have had this problem, but mine does this consistently. If I leave it for two days the battery is gone guaranteed. Luckily there is a workaround to open the battery port. This is easy to open with a click of a small button and easy to push back in again. So all in all it's not a big practical problem, BUT this is obviously not how it's supposed to work.

There are some batteries that it won't work with. I have an array of different rechargeables. Some of these it just would not work with period. Some of these it would work with intermittently. Again there is a workaround which is to buy Duracell batteries in the supermarket. Haven't had any problems as long as I use Duracell. (Some who have complained about loosing connection may perhaps have a battery problem?)

In summary lots of great things in this mouse, but beware of the flaws. If you are not ready to accept the workarounds this may not be a good choice for you.

I hope the good people at Microsoft continue to refine this. With the right fixes this could definitely be a 5-start product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Style over substance, 22 May 2014
Skypilot "Skypilot" (Sedbergh, Cumbria) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Accessory)
I really wanted to like this cute little mouse! It is reasonably well made, feels like a quality product and looked like the perfect match for my Dell XPS Ultrabook. Furthermore it didn't require a USB receiver. It is even great to hold in your hand and play with - if you are an incessant fiddler as I am.

Problems start though when you stop ogling at its coolness and fondling its cute curves and try to put it to work. It took several attempts to load the necessary drivers for Windows 8 but got there in the end. Once paired it worked as any Bluetooth device should with no lags or delays. Trying to put the mouse through its paces then showed up what to me are fatal flaws. Its tiny size and designer shape unfortunately make it a real pain to use. A normal mouse, even a small one, is designed to be cradled in the palm as you use it on a flat surface. It shouldn't need any grip at all. The wedge mouse has to be gripped between the tips of thumb and little finger in order to move it around - that puts strain on the tendons on the back of your hand. You can't hold the mouse further into your palm as the finger you use to scroll will then be uselessly hanging in front of the mouse! To actually use the mouse at all caused me quite a lot of actual pain - and makes your hand look like it is already twisted up into an arthritic claw!

Frankly I can't believe the designer of this mouse had it tested out by real people. Yes it is undoubtedly rather cool looking designer chic but it is also next to useless unless you want significant RSI pain.

Take a look at the "Microsoft Guide to Healthy Computing", available as a PDF online, for guidance on choosing a good ergonomic mouse. This isn't it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Form over Function?, 2 Jan. 2014
T. Fahey (Stoke-on-Trent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Accessory)
What do I mean in the title? Well, as some others have reported, the size of this mouse can work against it!

(Aesthetic) Design and Presentation:
The mouse is certainly a stylish one. The small size makes it look quite chic and cool, and the matt black and silver give it an air of sophistication. The box is easy to get through but not quite up to Apple's masterful product packaging. Warranty card, manual and even batteries included!

(Ergonomic) Design and Use:
As mentioned before, while the mouse is dinky enough to stick in your pocket and still have plenty of space left, which is practical in itself, the size and design of this mouse means that it is gripped in a slightly different way to that of a normal mouse:
- With a normal mouse, your flat palm will rest on the area behind the clicker/touchpad, with your fingers either side to secure the mouse in your grip - thus you don't really "grip" the mouse, so much as rest your hand on it, allowing you to move it without much effort.
- With the Wedge Touch mouse however, the only grip on the mouse is provided the fingers either side, with your palm floating in the air behind the mouse. This does not make for the most comfortable grip (although I've had no muscle strain yet, after moderate use), but most crucially, makes it difficult to scroll, as you have to tighten the grip of your thumb and ring finger on either side of the mouse, while trying to bend your middle and index fingers to swipe them up and down the touch sensitive area. This is only exacerbated by the fact that the touch sensitive area is not very sensitive at all, and indeed, scrolling down the surface of the mouse is a real pain (and generally very ineffective). I may try to edit the sensitivity settings to account for this in Windows, if possible.

(Technical) Design:
The mouse takes a single AA battery (amazing, yeah, I know, right?!), which is easy to put in and swap out. This battery has lasted me for quite a decent number of hours now, no doubt due to the latest battery saving and bluetooth technology the mouse uses. I've connected it to both my Surface Pro 2 and MacBook Pro without any issues. Tracking is pretty good, although I wouldn't quite say it's quite up to the "track on any surface flawlessly" in the product description

Final Word and Value for money:
A nicely designed mouse, but ergonomically flawed in that design. Scrolling is very difficult (I mostly don't bother using the trackpad anymore), and hand position could potentially cause hand strain (although i've not experienced it yet). Tracking works in general, but nothing stellar here. Overall, for a product of this price, I would expect a better designed product - to be honest, if you're after a new mouse, I'd go for Apple's excellent Magic Mouse - it'll probably serve you better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its innotive, but for small hands and portabilty only, 25 July 2013
CjW "chris" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Accessory)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The mouse is tiny, but comes in a large box for its size, stiffened up with black cardboard inserts, I thought it should contained a diamond ring!

There is no CD for drivers, it does install its own from windows update; but only if you have an internet connection live.

In use - there is no Bluetooth transmitter, so it will only work with the latest laptops which have Bluetooth - unfortunately this function drains the device battery - eg tablets etc had better be aware!
This meant that I was unable to test it with any of our desktop PC's of course, neither of the 5 training Dell laptops either, no Bluetooth!

I have big hands and love the full size mice.
This Samsung laptop has a small mouse, which is okay for quick use, the microsoft wedgie is half that size!

In practical use this gives me finger cramps, as I can't rest my hand anywhere whilst using it, the touch sensitive seeps need the finger tips, not the metatarsal contact. Also my wrist rubs on the desk, this become very irritating, but is solved by wearing my tennis wrist sweatband down low so that it scrapes the desk, not my hand.

Sensitivity - it is very sensitive indeed, I often miss the link when touch scrolling downwards or it clicks the wrong command instead. Probably due to have dry skin (which is why I hate touch pads and my wrist sanding the desk surface)

When picking up the mouse to re-locate it, the page scrolls away from the tying line, sometimes the cursor moves too, so you type on the wrong line. Sensitivity can be adjusted if you download the Microsft software, this really upsets Windows update, which tries to do the same thing and gives errors!

I have just done that four (4) times whilst writing this!

Positives.
Good battery life
Portability, fits in a pocket or the Laptop case easily.
Good talking point.
Self installing driver if used with Windoes (it is NOT Mac compatible!!)

Negatives
Gets lost easily, slides around taking the browser page and sometimes the cursor with it
Finger slide gestures difficult to get just right
Mouse gestures don't always work (Firefox has gestures I always use)
Too small for a mans hands
Wrist and finger cramps, not good for RSI
Horribly expensive, though it is 20 quid cheaper on Amazon than PC know-not World

Should you buy it?
Yes if you like a small mouse thats quick to use and like tiny things (Should be a seller in Japan!!!)
No if you prefer a proper comfy mouse and need to use one a lot, especially if using graphics, design, spreadsheets, drawing, photo re-touching etc - get a decent 5000 series MS Mouse or Logitech

Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse