on 22 January 2013
Exellent Exellent Exellent So Exellent I Have To Say It 3 Times!

So Happy With This Motherboard And It's Usb 3.0 And Next Gen Pcie 3.0 Slot,This Motherboard Is Amazing For The Price Paid,It Has So Many Features And Is Exellent When Paired With

Intel Core I3 3220
8 Gb DDR3 Crucial Ram
Radeon Hd 6770 (Upgrading To Hd 7770 Soon)
1 Tb Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive
Cit Vantage Gamers Case
And Of Course This Motherboard
1111 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2013
This mother board has been put into my gaming rig as a temp replacement. i was really surprised because the UEFI / BIOS interface was amazing and.. if you set the settings to the max, it does throw a hard punch with the power, my old Gigabyte motherboard was supposed to be fast, this is even faster! just one suggestion is to put a aftermarket Chip set cooler as it does get very hot which is why i'm giving it 4 stars :) if you want a decent motherboard, this is a good buy!
on 14 June 2013
I bought this as a replacement for a dead ABit AN8-32X motherboard on my children's computer (one of my old cast-offs), and coupled it with an Intel Core i3 3220 CPU and 8 GB of Crucial DDR3 PC3-12800 RAM (2x 4 GB sticks). Putting that in the carcass of the dead machine (which was running Fedora Linux) resurrected it and resulted in a very respectable machine for an upgrade cost of under £200. Needless to say I was very happy with the result and it runs faster than I'd expected (my usual machine is an i7). My son no longer pesters me to use my machine because his own is too slow.
on 16 March 2013
An excellent compact motherboard at a very good price. These boards are just as good as the more expensive series and are more than half the price. This board can provide the basis for a good cheap pc.
on 21 February 2014
I bought this motherboard for a new computer I was building for my wife. She is not likely to put too many demands on it and so I went for a cheap but reliable make. It's been in use for three months and there have been no problems. Assembly gave no problems at all. Didn't need any expansion cards as everything, including graphics and audio, is included. I put it into a Fractal Design Core 1000 Series Micro ATX case but I guess it would fit into an even smaller one. So I've just bought another P8H61-MX for my daughter's new computer.
on 27 May 2013
Easy set up, especially the bios with its modern feel. Up to date board, although beware, little room for expansion or add ons with no spare pci slots
on 9 March 2013
Only giving this motherboard 3 stars, not because it's bad but because it's 'ok' nice and easy to setup with all the ports and plugs in sensible positions.

My only grievance is that for all it can take RAM higher than 1600Mhz it doesn't seem to like it, I've not been able to clock my RAM which is rated as 2133 to anything over 1600, this could be down to my own incompetence and lack luster care to persist at achieving higher RAM speed but it was something I noticed.

Not initially being bothered about SATA3 being limited to SATA2 was no big deal, but again this is a limitation which is to be expected of a budget motherboard like this. overall it's 'ok' nothing special but arguably in this price bracket as good as you are likely to get.
on 1 December 2013
Purchased for my basic build with i5 3470 and a Gigabyte GTX 660. It does the job well, and is indeed a fin,e cheap motherboard.
on 8 May 2014
Small, not much room to work with but ok for the price, However when i received this board it was a dubbed board it would not work, when appealing to have another board sent for being a defective motherboard, it was lost in transit, Disappointed with the fact the board should have been checked before sending it out then having the second board lost.
on 4 February 2014
I really like the colour combination, this was used in my first pc build! However I had to do a BIOS update because it kept freezing. I would recommend this as a cheap good quality motherboard