ORA

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with purchase
Plays perfectly, very happy, i get a boner every time i play it wink wink thank you stranger. I love you
Published 3 months ago by MangoBing

3.0 out of 5 stars Its alright
Not a fan of her anymore, was when I bought it, some pretty crap songs on but then Fall in Love is really good.
Published 13 months ago by Samantha

2.0 out of 5 stars Mistake, 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: ORA (Audio CD)
Bought it for my partner for Christmas and she hated it and it went to the charity shop not for her unfortunately

2.0 out of 5 stars hmm, 12 July 2013
Ms. C. Adams - See all my reviews
This review is from: ORA (Audio CD)
I only liked a couple of the songs... disappointing to say the least. Hopefully her next album is a lot stronger

3.0 out of 5 stars Its alright, 18 Mar 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars I expected a lot more, 9 Sep 2012
This review is from: ORA (Audio CD)
I was excited about Rita and I still am, I love the texture in her voice, it think she has a lot more vocal range than she is show casing and I think she has room to grow and gain more octaves and sonically go in many directions. I expected a lot more vocal range and better song choice, high expectations and then you get blah. Some songs are very nicely done and well sung, I'm just tired of hearing the same old thing over and over again. R.I.P was very good just because the song title isn't what the song is about and I like the mix of fast beat over slower singing, something different. She has an amazing voice and she could have sung a signature song that would set her apart. Like Brandy, Monica, AKeys, they Mary J, I know she isn't up there but from the jump they had a sound that was their own, you know a certain sound or song that you know you get from them, that sets them apart Usher is a great example, Anthony Hamilton Musiq SoulChild list goes on Lyfe Jennings. I'm just saying setting yourself apart from the start, she's being compared to Rihanna I would think that ticks her off and would do all she could to set herself apart from her from album 1.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea but no complaints, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: ORA (Audio CD)
This wass purchased as a birthday present for my wife, she likes it, which is really all I can say!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with purchase, 19 Jan 2014
MangoBing (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ORA [Explicit] (MP3 Download)

3.0 out of 5 stars Granddaughter requested this for her birthday., 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: ORA (Audio CD)
Not my choice but she was thrilled with it.
It's great that I can purchase presents easily online as I have arthritis so shopping is tiring & painful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rita Ora holiday in Monaco, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: ORA (Audio CD)
I loved the CD so much I burnt my toast. The best urban music ive heard in 30 years. Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars RITA ORA 5 STAR ,,,BRILL,,, 5 April 2013
This review is from: ORA (Audio CD)
liked rita ora from the start,,,,her debut cd ,,and with 4 number 1's from it,,,,,very good album to listen while driving,,,would recommend to any-one that loves listening to good music,,,,

5.0 out of 5 stars Definetly a grower, 5 April 2013
This review is from: ORA [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
To be honest, I wasn't that interested in Rita Ora when she first became popular. Although I liked her singles R.I.P, How We Do and Hot Right Now, I didn't think they were really anything special or groundbreaking. However, I still decided to buy the album, in the hope that I'd be surprised, and I was, just not instantly.

On the first few listens, I found ORA to be on the same level as the singles released from it; nothing special or groundbreaking, but I think as the tunes get in your head, and you feel like listening to the album more, its qualities really shine through.

Rita Ora does have a strong voice, and while it is not really used to its full extent all the time in this album, there are some moments where it is really strong.

Here's a track-by-track analysis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Facemelt - This 1 minute intro seems to be a marmite track. I actually like it, although I can see why others wouldn't. The whole thing is a bit messy and strange and the lyrics are pretty weak. Also, it does get on your nerves after a while. 6.5/10

Roc The Life - This is probably my least favourite track. It's kinda boring and seems unfinished, and a little cheesy. The 'li-li-li' hook is extremely annoying and the song isn't that memorable. It's not awful though, just not particularly good. 5/10

How We Do (Party) - If you couldn't tell by the title, this is a pure party track. It's very similar to Katy Perry's 'Last Friday Night' and Jessie J's 'Domino', as it is an easy, fun listen and has a guitar led beat. Again, it's not a bad track, but it is quite bland and not a standout track. Saying that, it is very catchy. 6.5/10

R.I.P. - A mainly dubstep and R'n'B song. I did like it at first but it gets boring fast. Shouldn't have been the lead single and, once again, is quite bland and not a standout track. 6/10

Radioactive - This is where the album really picks itself up and begins. This is a massive David Guetta-esque club track, with tons of hooks and synths, and it's one of those tracks that you have to listen to closely and see how it works to really get the most enjoyment out of it. 10/10

Shine Ya Light - A sweet, listenable electropop track with elements of reggae. It's a nice track, but does seem like a filler a times, and seems a bit weak following the amazing Radioactive. 8/10

Love And War - An R'n'B track with elements of electropop. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it has really grown on me. I love the electro beat during the verses and the way it switches to the pure R'n'B beat in the chorus, and the song is dangerously catchy. 10/10

Uneasy - A much harder, rockier track, a little like Facemelt. Much like some of the other tracks, I didn't like it at first, but as it got into my head, I started to like it. However, it does get annoying after a while as it is quite repetitive. 7.5/10

Fall In Love - A collaboration with will.i.am, and while I usually like him, this track is really bad. the slightly poppier parts of the track are alright, and have a nice beat, although the autotuned vocals are really messy. But it's when the electro beat comes in, which sounds just like a drill, that the track is ruined. It continues past the chorus and takes up most of the song, and makes it impossible to like or take seriously. However, I wouldn't call it my least favourite track as I can't really call it boring, and it is almost so bad it's funny. 3/10

Been Lying - A pop ballad, and while it is a nice little track, I have heard it been done a thousand times before, and it is easy to forget it's on the album. Rita also seems to swear for the sake of it, as it really doesn't fit the song. 7/10

Hello, Hi, Goodbye - My favourite track on the album when I first heard it, and although that title has been taken by Radioactive, I still love this song. It has a very tribal beat and sound, and loads of instantly catchy hooks. I also like the weirdly sparse atmosphere and the sound effects. Not everyone will enjoy it, but I certainly do. 10/10

Hot Right Now - Rita's collaboration with DJ Fresh, and the song that catapulted her to success. It's an extremely fast drum and bass track, and while it might seem a little unoriginal and bland at first, you can't deny that it's an absolute thrill ride. Problem is it's too short. 9/10

While it's not all good, ORA is a great pop/R'n'B album, and the great tracks definetly make up for the below average ones. I'm very much looking forward to seeing where Rita goes next.

Also, I'm sorry, but the album cover is awful. I really hate how the word 'ORA' is on there twice.

ARRAY(0xb68d0fd8)

ORA
ORA by Rita Ora (Audio CD - 2012)