5.0 out of 5 stars High Viz Backpack
Published on 19 Oct 2012 by JP

I used to have a Hump cover that was very good, but managed to lose it after 4 years of service. I thought this one would provide a more economical alternative. For me this cover needs to do three things:

1. Cover a rucksack up to the volume described (40l.)
2. Be very high visibility, day or night
3. Keep your rucksack dry.

It meets the...
Published 23 months ago by Mapache

2.0 out of 5 stars More Mile Hi Viz Rucksack cover - Good size, good viz, NOT WATERPROOF!, 22 Nov 2012
This review is from: More Mile High Viz Waterproof Backpack Rucksack Bag Cover for Cycling or Running MM1394 (Misc.)

1. Cover a rucksack up to the volume described (40l.)
2. Be very high visibility, day or night
3. Keep your rucksack dry.

It meets the first two very well but unfortunately it is not waterproof. It is shower-proof at best, and that would be generous. If you have this cover over your rucksack and it rains, your bag will get wet. Throughout. I am very surpprised that this item is described as being waterproof. It isn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Viz Backpack, 19 Oct 2012
Bought the More Mile High Viz Waterproof Backpack as I was feeling a little vulnerable on my motorbike on those occasions when I was using a backpack so my High Viz Vest was mostly obscured. This is a great product. Folds to nothing, fits a variety of rucksacks we have at home and has survived one machine wash so far. Very easy to pop on an off rucksacks and is genuinely high viz. Not expensive and definitely a good buy.

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT WATERPROOF, 14 Feb 2013
In spite of what they say in the description, this backpack cover is not waterproof at all. Not great if you live in a rainy country.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hi viz, 6 Nov 2013
Bought 2 of these, one each for my boyfriend & myself as we both ride motorbikes through city traffic to work.
Firstly they are very reflective & as waterproof as you would expect from a lightweight, foldaway product.
They fit OK on the different 25-30L backpacks we use. The attachments are cross cross elastic with poppers on so they come around the sides of the packs nicely.

The only criticism would be that they tend to slip down a bit as there is no fastener at the top, between the two shoulder straps. But they haven't slipped all the way off. Will need to wait & see how they weather the British winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 28 May 2013
First trip to work after this arrived, deluge... Me, in t-shirt and shorts, soaked. My suit, shirt and shoes in my 'sack, bone dry.
It fits perfectly over my rucksack and I feel confident it's secure.
Great kit, great value.

3.0 out of 5 stars good visible bag. well designed, 22 Oct 2013
I. Clark "Ian 'tops of for techno'" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This bag cover is pretty good and excellent value for the money. The silver in the middle rubs off a bit, although the side stripes are ok. One seam stitching has opened a bit, although it might be my fault for using too big a bag. The reflective stuff is not high quality 3m - but you get what you pay for and this is ok - prob a 3.5 not a 3. The pocket is useful. I would like to see it slightly larger.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cycling protection at it's best, 11 May 2013
This is an extremely highly visible bag cover for cycling in the dark. If you wish to be seen at night, this is a great item though it would be better to invest in a bag that is designed for cycling as it is a bit fiddly to put on and take off.

4.0 out of 5 stars does what it says it does..., 23 Mar 2013
Andrew MacBride (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Does exactly what it says it claims. Use it for running, keeps my bag and stuff dry, easy to put on or take off. Good product and very quick delivery from seller (3 days).

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems good, 23 Mar 2013
Duncan Lyster (Herefordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Very high visibility (so much so that when I look round it makes me jump!). A bit on the small side for my bag but thats my fault. No water gets through it and it has a helpful pocket on the back so you dont need to take it off the bag all the time to get at stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than Hump but just as good, 20 Mar 2013
Great value for money compared to the Hump bag cover, and is pretty much exactly the same.
It has strong elasticated edges & top and bottom and straps with poppers on to secure it under the arm straps of the backpack.
The yellow really stands out - especially at dawn and dusk - and the vertical reflectors are very visible, not so sure about the chevron style ones though...

If you cycle to work with a back pack on then you really should have one of these - it's water resistant too!