5.0 out of 5 stars Suprised! in a good way!
I expected a basic self-indulgent cheap film but I was pleasantly suprised by what I saw! It is silly, immature and all of that but it does have a narrative and the acting is believable and enjoyable!
Great stuff (LOVED the Bo Selecta cameos, especially "OOOHHH YA BASTARD" haha)
Published 6 months ago by Spicey

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!
Published 14 months ago by Just Alice

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Keith Lemon: The Film [DVD] (DVD)
What a load of rubbish! I do occasionally watch Celebrity Juice, and knew what to expect from the film - stupid humour, no-brainer type stuff, but this was worse than I ever could have imagined. It saddens me that so many indie films struggle to get the funding they deserve, while things like this get money thrown at them, when they really don't deserve it. I'm glad that I didn't pay to see this - that would have made the whole event even more tragic.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Keith Lemon: The Film [DVD] (DVD)
What a waste of time, I should have listened to my son who told me he wasted one and a half hours of his life watching this rubbish. Why did I not listen? I do like Keith Lemon but he should stick to Celebrity Juice.

2.0 out of 5 stars ooosh, 17 Dec. 2012
J. Morris "Josh" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Keith Lemon: The Film [DVD] (DVD)
I love Keith Lemon and wanted to love this film, but alas, it falls far short of any cinematic masterpiece.

The story revolves around Keith's salesmanship as he creates the Lemonphone (it's got a lemon on the back) and becomes an overnight billionaire - forgetting his roots, he leaves his girlfriend Rosie to be held hostage by the debt-collector Evil Steve. The film features a number of D-listers that make regular appearances in his sketches such as The Hoff, Kelly Brook, Verne Troyer & Jedward.

All of his catch-phrases are there, and there is some reference to his prior show Bo' Selecta with a couple of characters rearing their heads, but mostly this film is a patch-work of Leigh Francis pulling strings to get his celebrity friends to appear on screen for less than 5 minutes. The only notable performance is Paddy McGuinness as a ultra-straight-talking Geordie.

A couple of points made me laugh out-loud but they are mainly visual gags and the humour doesn't really allow the story to hold together coherently. A noble effort but the comedy works better in a quiz-show format rather than a film. Worth a watch for diehard Keith Lemon fans, but otherwise, probably best to give this a miss.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 12 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Keith Lemon: The Film [DVD] (DVD)
I love celebrity juice so i thought i would love this film, sadly not, it was awful. Terrible storyline, over the top crudeness when there was no need for it. Just really disapointed and i wouldnt reccomend this film to anyone. I really dont know how anyone could find it 'hilarious', unless they were 10 years old or something.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ouch..., 23 Jan. 2014
Ten years ago, Leigh Francis was funny. Bo Selecta came from nowhere and really degraded certain celebrities who were a little too big for their boots.

The show got cancelled, and then a new character came by. several series of a panel show later, we get a film, and it's really poor to say the least.

i knew it wasn't going to be anything special, just a love in with a lot of famous people (well to us Brits anyway) making nudge nudge wink wink references to the camera, with a little sub-plot, involving a new invention.

The trouble is, this sub-plot is stolen from The Jerk, the classic Steve Martin movie, and makes the whole thing pointless and un-original.

They even rip off the fault with the glasses from the original.

It's just a poor movie, harking back to those smutty seventies Carry on movies, and other movies like Holiday on the buses.

When Kelly Brook is the best thing about a movie, you start to worry. I would give this one star, but it made me laugh when Paddy Mcguinness stared at the camera and said 'See you in the Sequel'.

Delusional, but funny.

A horrid affair in every sense, with no redeeming features.

3.0 out of 5 stars Juvenile, 23 Mar. 2015
Juvenile nonsense which was quite funny first time round but does not warrant repeat viewings.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!, 17 Nov. 2012
Amazon Customer (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Keith Lemon: The Film [DVD] (DVD)
I know that this review isn't going to be very popular amongst Keith Lemon's legions of fans and I'm very sorry about that but 'Keith Lemon - The Film' must surely rank as the worst movie I've seen in a long time. Five stars? I don't think so.

I had pretty low expectations of this film before I went to see it at the cinema. Nevertheless, I decided to still go and see it - that was a mistake.

The 'story' sees Keith Lemon overnight transform from a nobody to a multi-billionaire after 'inventing' a new mobile phone - with a lemon on the rear. He soon forgets where he comes from and drops everyone that was there for him at the beginning.

The 'acting' was cringe-worthy at best, the many cameos were mostly 'wooden' and the script was very poor. I'm rather surprised that I managed to see it through to the end. I've never seen a film that appears to have been thrown together so quickly in an attempt to make fast money in all my life.

Avoid!

3.0 out of 5 stars EVIL STEVE, 14 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Keith Lemon: The Film [DVD] (DVD)
Uneven comedy that showcases a mediocre comic talent. However, there are flashes of inspiration and Kelly Brook shows what a game actress she is in her ironic send-up of her own celebrity and sex-appeal. The character of Evil Steve shows that this comic could become one of the great character comedians like Peter Sellers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suprised! in a good way!, 25 Sept. 2014
Great stuff (LOVED the Bo Selecta cameos, especially "OOOHHH YA BASTARD" haha)

1.0 out of 5 stars The Lemon is sour, 15 Dec. 2012
Albatross "Never argue with idiots" (Suburbia) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Keith Lemon: The Film [DVD] (DVD)
Now, I'm reliably informed that Keith Lemon (or the guy who plays him - whose name I don't actually know) does other - very popular - shows like Bo Selecta and Celebrity Juice. However, I never saw any of those.

I rented Keith Lemon, on the grounds that I kept seeing articles and interviews about it in The Sun newspaper. The papers were also full of stories on The Inbetweeners Movie (which was awesome!) so I kind of considered, based on the massive newspaper publicity campaign, that this one must be worth a watch too.

It's not.

I was about five minutes in when I gauged the level of this movie. In short, it's just not funny. I don't mind toilet humour. I don't mind crudeness. And I don't mind silliness. However, crude, silly toilet humour has to actually be funny to pass. Keith Lemon used all of these and just never manages to make a joke. It relies on celebrity cameos every couple of minutes. Most of these are misfires and come across as forced and badly-acted.

It's just bad. Seriously, check out the other reviews on any other website (I wish I had). The majority of people are giving it one star (and that's positively generous).

I'm tempted to watch Bo Selecta or Celebrity Juice to see if they're any better. I'm sure this guy must have made some good stuff, otherwise he would never have got this travesty of a film off the ground.

Stick with The Inbetweeners Movie if you want a taste of British humour at its best. Just bury Keith.

If life gives you lemons, don't make a movie about them.

Keith Lemon: The Film [DVD]
Keith Lemon: The Film [DVD] by Paul Angunawela (DVD - 2012)