Format: Blu-ray|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 May 2014
Tarantino is one of my favourite directors of all time, and this set is a dream come true. I never thought a set like this would happen.
The packaging is beautiful, plastered in gorgeous artwork and movie quotes, in a large cardboard foldout box which houses the ten discs this set contains.

The content on all 8 movie Blu Ray's are identical to the original releases, but the disc artwork which now match, and are similar in design to the box-set packaging. All Special features on these discs are present.

Reservoir Dogs - looks and sounds fantastic. As good as I think it can look, and is my favourite film in the set.

True Romance - A solid film, which was written but not directed by Tarantino. Picture and sound is adequate, something I find with alot of Warner Brothers Blu Rays. The scene with Hopper and Walken is one of the greatest Tarantino scenes of all time.

Pulp Fiction - again, looks and sounds great and is a masterpiece. Whilst Reservoir Dogs is my FAVOURITE Tarantino film, even I know this is his BEST.

Jackie Brown - looks less impressive, not grainy or anything, but closer resembles the DVD release than any other film in this set. The weakest of Tarantino's films in my opinion and a genuinely unrewarding experience and I felt every minute of its running time after revisiting for the first time in about 10 years.

Kill Bill Vol 1 - Another stunner, Tarantino at his most fun and a very re-watchable film, I was SLIGHTLY disappointed by the picture quality, but this film is pure class.

Kill Bill Vol 2 - Looking back, this film is a let down, and feels like somebody trying to make a Tarantino as opposed to a film by the man himself. Tonally very different than the first, and its actually a bit jarring. An essential watch though if you enjoy the first.

Death Proof - Tarantino himself has said its his worst film, but if its the worst he ever makes he will be happy with his filmography. I personally prefer it to Jackie Brown, but for what it is, its overlong. Some great music, great car chases and a cool as hell performance by Kurt Russell.

Inglourious Basterds - Stunning. The best looking transfer in the set, it looks perfect. The film gets better and better with age. worth it for the opening scene, the strudel scene and the underground bar scene. I love this films and Waltz performance is unbelievable. The tension in the film is crazy.

NOW, the reason to get this set if you already own the films, the 2 new discs of features.

Disc 1(disc 9 of the set) Has a 4 hr 50min roundtable discussion on all of Tarantinos work by 5 pretentious and highly unlikable critics. I watched the full thing in one sitting, so it must not be that bad, but i strongly disliked those involved in the discussion and it is uninformative.

Disc 2(disc 10) is a treasure, the 2hr 15 minute documentary covers most of the movies and features interviews with Lawrence Bender, Travolta, Sam Jackson, Pam Grier, Robert Forster and more. Fun, imformative and also features a sweet tribute to editor and friend of Quentin, Sally Menke. Also featured is a 35 minute panel on Jackie Brown with Quention, Pam Grier and Robert Forster. ITs very good, but goes by too quick. Also included are 5 trailers for the then upcoming Django Unchained.

OVERALL - an ESSENTIAL set with a couple of criticisms - no subtitles on the 2 new bonus discs. The Dogs Blu Ray still doesn't have the amazing tribute to Lawrence Tierney which is on the 2 disc DVD, and finally, my biggest gripe, lack of input from the man himself on the bonus discs.
44 comments|11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 December 2012
Tarantino is a critically acclaimed director for a reason and this boxset shows just why. Containing all of the films he has written and directed (Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill Vols. 1 and 2, Death Proof and Inglorious Bastards) aswell as True Romance which he wrote the creenplay for (directed by Tony Scott of Top Gun Fame). As it says on the box it is loaded with special features: extensive Critics' discussions on all of the featured films, commentary tracks, a documentary type look at his filmography by stars of his films, producers, composers etc. and the like. What I really loved was listening to the crtitcs' views as they weren't frightened to hold back their true opinions. The packaging is also rather nice with new artwork showing images from the films. If you love Tarantino, are a newcomer or haven't upgraded any of his films to blu-ray yet, then this is the definitive set to get. The biggest niggles for me was the lack of Reservoir Dogs bonus features (My favourite film of all time) but I have the DVD gascan edition that with all of the special features anyway, and the lack of Natural Born Killers (the other film with a screenplay by Tarantino). It is however obvious why this is not included though as this is a lionsgate boxset and Natural Born Killers is by Universal (I think) so if you are a completionist you can always just pick up that film on Blu Ray anyway (It's dirt cheap). Overall, I think that this is defititly worth picking up for the 2 whole discs of bonus features and the 8 films to fans of Tarantino or to new comers that want to dive into his filmography (I have no idea why you haven't yet). Now buy it or I'm gonna shoot him on general principles.
55 comments|14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 January 2013
This is a great collection, the artwork on the casing is superb and the films included are presented in stunning HD. I think the price of the item is spot on and shouldn't deter anyone from purchasing. There are also a wealth of extras included.

Buy this, you won't be disappointed!
on 1 January 2013
I've always been Tarantino fan ever since watching Reservoir Dogs in the cinema all those years back. Although I have all but one, Death Proof, on DVD, I didn't hesitate to buy this when released. I wasn't disappointed. Watching the films on Blu-ray was like watching the films for the first time again. The transfers to hi def are amazing. I won't go on about the films themselves because they have been reviewed thousands of times. We all know what they're about. The extra bonus discs give a wealth of material which I'm yet to get through. The box itself is good and has nice artwork inside. If your a Tarantino fan this is a must.
on 22 July 2014
If you love Tarantino as much as I do, this is absolutely the collection for you
on 6 May 2016
All ten out of ten films. Not a bad film in the collection (even Death Proof!)
on 17 December 2015
was a present but as far as i know the person loves these films
on 28 January 2016
Superb box set. Looks amazing and the quality is excellent.
on 11 June 2013
I brought this as a gift for my boyfriend as he is a massive Tarantino fan. He absolutely loved it.
The art work on the box is brilliant. Makes an excellent gift for any Tarantino fan!
on 4 October 2014
Tarantino blasted onto the scene with Reservoir Dogs and from that moment on he was like a breathe of fresh air, a change maker from the stale formulaic Hollywod zone.What you have here in this box set are some of the best movies you will ever see.Challenging, violent, funny, and witty, littered with bullets and best soundtracks you will ever hear.Everybody will have there own favourites, but the best thing with these movies is that your opinion can change with each viewing.Jackie Brown was slated as a weak film.Watch it now and see if opinion has changed.I loved the slower pace because the dialogue was so sharp and some of the nuances of the actors, particularly DeNiro are great.Pulp Fiction still remains my number 1.Kill Bill 1and 2 with the adding in of Manga was inspiring.Death Proof I concede is great but perhaps the weakest film in the set, some may disagree.And while True Romance is superb I would have preferred From Dusk Till Dawn in the set . Inglorious Basterds is awesome in my book, Pitt had me laughing my tits off at the screening doing his Italian accent.8 films on 8 discs in stunning hd,2 discs of bonus features.Hell its worth getting your ear cut off for.Get Stuck In The Middle of this lot and im sure I know were you will be tonight.
Buy Django also if you havent already because it makes a great addition to a great Directors portfolio.ESSENTIAL.