Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 January 2013
Firstly, I love the work of Tina Dico. I do own all her back catalogue. Music is such a personal thing that I am reluctant to write reviews. I was however very interested to read the reviews about this album having owned and played it now for a few months. Of her recordings this is my least favourite.
It's obvious that Tina is experimenting with different sounds, sometimes this works for an artist, sometimes it doesn't.
The song-writing is to her usual high standard, it's the arrangements around some of the songs that I struggle with.
The songs which work for me are "Moon to let" "the tip of the iceberg" "Where do you go to disappear" and "You leave you learn"
The songs which I struggle with are "we're all experts" and"The time of our lives" because of the over powering bass arrangements.
"True North" which is a fantastic song but marred by the electronica, listen to the live version on Tina's "live with the Danish Orchestra" for me it's a far better version.
To conclude I wanted to bring a balance to the reviews published so far. As a lover of her music, for me it's very much a mix of highs and lows.
on 20 October 2012
Having purchase a few Tina Dico albums, for me this is her best yet, from start to finish every track is wonderful, we,re all experts is my personal favourite, but her talent for writing makes it hard to pick and choose so I recommend you buy this wonderful album and enter the beautiful world of Tina Dico.Where Do You Go to Disappear?
on 28 August 2013
I would view that Tina Dico is one of the most underated singer-songwriters who seems to be totally overlooked by the UK music scene, her previous records have been tour-de-forces, however this latest album lacks the intensity of the earlier work.
on 12 October 2012
A little time away and starting a family seems to have worked magic for Tina ! This new album is quite superb.. the variety of styles showcased on the album create a masterclass of songwriting and vocal dexterity. Cannot recommend highly enough.
on 9 October 2012
I really like Tina's latest album. It may not be as accessible as the trilogy, but it's definitely a grower. What I really like is that Tina is not just bringing us a clone from her latest efforts, but brings us a new sound. The album still sounds like Tina, but there's new things to discover. The new electronic touch suits her songs really well. At the same time, fans of her classic songs will still find enough reasons to like or even love this album (e.g. the fantastic "Otherside").
on 9 November 2012
I only discovered Tina's music this week purely by accident...and I am completely hooked! She is a brilliant songwriter and this album is the most beautiful I have heard in a long time!
on 13 July 2014
Tina Dico, always delivers a new direction with her music.
Tina combines a range of moods with stories to suit.
Brilliant
on 29 December 2012
This is great, but not really recognisable from the disco I used to enjoy in the 1970s.
To be honest, I think Tina has done a great job here, an easy-listening, enjoyable and thought-provoking future classic, brilliant.
My only criticism?: If you're going to adopt "Disco" as your surname, please, please, please at least reference the genre!!!
on 17 February 2015