on 28 May 2014
Don't you just hate it when companies bring out a new improved version of their product that is worse than the original? Well that's exactly what Braun have done with this. The cutter block has a completely new blade concept - instead of a row of blades pointing upwards, they are all at right angles now (they are like a T section with the blades themselves forming the top of the T, pointing sideways rather than upwards). No doubt this gives a slightly more comfortable shave (albeit due to being a less close shave), and probably pleases the health and safety police as it's harder for idiots to cut themselves when replacing a cutter block, but it sadly now doesn't give anything like as close a shave. I can shave as close as possible with this block in, put my 3 year old "blunt" cutter block back in, go back over my face and hear it taking more stubble off and clearly feel the difference afterwards too.

When your new design blades are worse than a blunt 3 year old cutter block you've got a serious problem in your design department. So will be looking for a new shaver instead, rather than paying £20 again for parts for a shaver with worse than blunt replacements.
on 10 January 2015
To my amazement sent from south Korea !! Manufactured in Germany, sent to Korea, to be shipped to the uk. The modern way I guess.

Arrived in excellent time, in good order. I agree with a previous reviewer - I don't know if the "improved" design is in fact an improvement, but it fits well, and works. I'll update when I have a few shaves under my belt.

Update Sept 2015: well, a bit of an either way conclusion. In the interim, while I was awaiting delivery, I used my spare, a Lidl £15.00 shaver of similar design. Found I preferred it, better battery life, quieter (the Braun feels industrial in comparison), a battery indicator, and as good a shave.

Recently went on as trip, took the Braun as my travel shaver. A pig to recharge (it hadn't been used for a year), but it did, and held charge. Still industrially loud and buzzy, but I do think perhaps it shaves better....
on 21 October 2013
My 20 year old shaver is like new again. Easy to fit and delivered promptly. Not tht easy to work out which foil to order tho
on 21 November 2013
I am amazed that Braun still make replacement parts for my old electric shaver. It has worked 365 days a year (or perhaps a bit fewer!) giving me a close shave and trimming whiskers. To think that I can buy these parts many years later, that they fit perfectly shows, to my mind, a well designed product and exacting quality control.
I recommend this product.
on 22 October 2015
Really not suitable for the Braun 5610, this version of the product includes a cutter block that is not as shown in the picture. It looks more like the picture attached, and that style does not seem to cut effectively. Seeing that it was not as per the picture I returned it and will buy a third-party product that clones the original.
review image
on 30 September 2013
Have had the Braun shaver for many years and my husband finds it very reliable and easy to maintain. Prior to purchasing from Amazon, the price of the renewable spare parts was in the hands of High St retailers and was therefore very high. I found the Amazon price and delivery very good and will recommend the service.
on 18 September 2013
As described and well packaged, arrived in good time. Always a pleasure to shave on new blades, and so much quicker. I might have to order anothet to save ""getting around to it" ntext time.
on 1 December 2013
I didn't realise just how dull the cutters on my shaver were until I replaced them. I noticed the difference instantly. A really smooth and quick shave. Really worth the money.
on 31 August 2013
Only problem was the foil delivered was 31S not the 31B that was ordered and was shown on the delivery sheet.It still works just the same it's just silver instead of black
on 8 June 2013
If you need to replace your foil there is little choice. Disadvantage is that you can only get the foil with the blades. A bit expensive but good service