on 15 April 2015
Always feel a little disappointed at the longevity, or lack thereof, of these foils and cutter blocks. The foils are usually done in as little as 3 months, the longest I have had out of one is 8 months and the intercept cutter has failed on the most recent one after just over 4 months and it now just rips the longer hairs out of your face. The 5 Series is a great razor but the almost constant replacement of cutter block and foils can be tiresome and is making me wonder if, when it comes to replacing this razor, I'll go with Braun again?
on 14 September 2015
When you replace a foil and cutter, you realise just how dull the one you were using had become. No problems with this and excellent delivery time.
on 30 July 2013
I have a Braun 360 which I have had for some years now, I have found by making enquiries and checking on the internet that the Braun 5 series Foil and Cutter set works for my Braun 360. Once the Foil and Cutter are changed which is very easy to do. By pressing the sides of the Foil it then springs up, you then carefully grab a hold of the side of the cutter head and lift it straight off, replacing is just the complete opposite, then the razor should be as good as new.
on 6 January 2016
My husband has a Braun 360 model 8995 that is quite old and he found this series 51S to be a good replacement. You will see from many other comments that other people are in the same situation as he was with a good fully functional working razor with no clear indication to say 51S fits the 8000 series except in the small print. There were many comments on this as to being either tthe correct or incorrect replacement part. For my husband he is happy.
on 16 March 2016
I bought this for my Braun 590cc-4, which I've owned for around 3 years.

Although the original foil and head looked in good condition, the price was too good to turn down.

Upon fitting, there was a noticable difference in terms of how the shaver worked, it feels much smoother and more effective - for the sake of the money, it's definitely worth changing every 18 months!
on 16 July 2014
hate having to pay cost of replacing cutters,last about a year. you can buy new 5 series razor on amazon for about 65 pd ,double in stores.did buy new 4 head panasonic ,which only have two small cutters,it was useless .so bought new cutter for my braun,tried to sell panasonic on ebay,used appx 10 times ,half price,no takers ,still in drawer somewhere, serves me right .braun are best
on 9 December 2012
This foil for Braun Series 5 razors has a slighly different pattern to that supplied with my original razor which I have had for 18 months (May 2011). This foil has regular spaced open holes whereas the original looked more random and had smaller holes. This maybe a new or updated foil pattern but looks more like the foil patterns I have had for other braun razors in the past. The foil works well so no problem there. The cutter looks to be exactly the same as the original
on 14 June 2015
I have used Braun razors for years and replace the cutter block and foil around every 8 months. Simply click to fit and the razor feels like new again. Well worth the money to get that "as-new" shaving feel back. Having both block and foil in the same pack always makes sense to me as I wouldn't replace one without the other.
on 21 October 2015
Arrived promptly, and gives a good clean close shave. I was disappointed that you can no longer get a replacement foil and cutter for the 5 series with the centre moving blades that came with the original cutter head. These replacements just have a solid piece in the centre designed to look like the moving blades but do nothing.
on 8 February 2014
I purchased this item just over 5 months ago now and the foil already has holes in it making it impossible to shave with without cutting your face to pieces! I only shave 3 times a week at most, so I'm hardly a heaver shaver! The build quality for Braun products has really gone down the toilet over the last couple of years.