Published 3 months ago by mucio

3.0 out of 5 stars Its an okay product
Published 8 months ago by Kenshin

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm shaving so often that my wife didn't even complain about the price, 28 Sep 2014
This review is from: Braun 799CC-6 Series 7 Wet&Dry Rasierer (Misc.)
I think I bought my first electrical razor about 10 or 12 years ago, of course with less money and not sure if my skin was going to love it I bought an entry level, then few years after that I went for a new one. I have always been a lazy shaver and my skin didn't like to be shaved too often and when few years ago I read on internet the trick of shaving under the shower I stated doing it with a Gillette Fusion Power shaver, but my dream was going back to an electrical one, able to work also under a shower.

Last Christmas, as gift to myself, I decided to go for this razor. Best money spent for shaving.

First of all, now I shave every day (or every other day). With the Braun electrical razors you can't shave with a long beard if you don't want to use a trimmer first or the saving can be a bit painful (at least with a thick beard like the mine), but the shaving experience it's so nice that even if I could still do it every two or three days, now I do every day. Shaving with this razor is much better than with my previous ones even when I use it dry, under the shower is just a pleasure.

My skin is also happy with the Braun 799 and even if I feel that shaving every day is a bit demanding for her, just a bit of after shave cream leave it very soft and smooth, when with the other razors I often felt like my skin was on fire.

On the bottom of the razor there is a display that shows you the level of battery and cleanliness. The battery lasts for more than 5 shavings, only once I ran out of battery, 5 minutes on charge and it was ready to finish the job. The hygiene level is a bit of funny, of course Braun wants you to use the cleaning centre (and buy refill) but you can also was the head under running water, but I have to admit, after a good cleaning, the razor is not just clean, but also well lubricated (another thing I was missing in my old electrical razors) and with a good smell.

In the box you will find the razor, the cleaning station, one refill for the cleaning station, the cable that can be used for the cleaning station or to charge directly the razor (i.e. if you need to bring just the razor with you for a trip), and the rigid travel pouch (with soft hinge).

I know this razor is expensive, but for me was really a game changer for shaving. And because I'm shaving more often my wife didn't even complain about the price (before she was always complaining about my scratching beard).

Maybe it's just me, but this razor also looks and feels like a great piece of technology, the sharp blades, the engine, the led display, the firm grip and the silver body. I really feel like I have a piece of future in my hand. And in 5 minutes I'm done.

Now I really feel like a grown-up man.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Prodcut &Hassle free shipment, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: Braun 799CC-6 Series 7 Wet&Dry Rasierer (Misc.)
The product is esxcellent and the shipment process was hassle free.
This is the first of its kind that I have purchased and it replaces the traditional shaving with a blade without any problems.

Cheers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I'd hoped, 17 May 2014
Dash Selvaratnam (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Braun 799CC-6 Series 7 Wet&Dry Rasierer (Misc.)
For my skin and in my experience this works ten times better than the three blade rotary shaver i used to use.
I find that less than five minutes and it will strip away a days worth of stubble. I've to be a bit careful that I don't miss any spots and sometimes on the neck, if its been two days or more. It can take a good few visits but it still works so quickly and with so little fuss that its well worth it.

The option to clean by rinsing it makes it invaluable for travelling with and if like me you tend to shave only every second day you won't be able to complain about this battery. The only thing thats a nuisance is that I have to keep taking the clean and charge stand into another room to plug it into (you guessed it) clean and charge my razor.

Still that's only a small personal problem and one that definitely shouldn't affect selecting this razor.
I highly recommend this shaver, and the price is is well worth it for the premium product you receive.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its an okay product, 23 April 2014
Kenshin (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Braun 799CC-6 Series 7 Wet&Dry Rasierer (Misc.)
I chose this rating because it seems to give me personally an uneven cut, it seems like its supposed to cut against the growth of the beard only and even though it has 3 modes Sensitive, normal and Intensive, I believe this doesn't effect any trimming ideas anyone has much. I tried to trim with it get it down to short stubble but it doesn't work it only shaves your face smooth as a baby's bottom, I cut myself a few times but I probably need more experience with this shaver to get it perfect without any grazes. Looks like my skin is best used with sensitive mode always.

The company that made this product state that it can trim long hairs. It doesn't tell you in the manual how to trim long hairs, if you shave with the growth of the beard IE/ shaving downwards you may be able to cut really long hair and trim that down but when you have a little bit of growth going this shaver will not trim it down and if anything it will only cut it off completely when shaved against your beard growth.

If you try to trim beard down while its already short it will shave and leave parts of your beard with what looks like skin pockets with parts of hair and parts of skin randomly showing, so not a good shaver for trimming.

If you want a trim you have to shave with your beard growth going down and not up, this only works though for really long hair though I believe.

True to the fact its an okay product hence 3/5 but for its price and what it can do and what it does I wouldn't buy another Braun product anymore if they can't sort out a decent trim mode with a product that costs over £200. if you just want a pure face shaver for all hairs down to 0 no buts you will get a full close shave null beard hair left guaranteed then this is for you, just don't expect this product to be by any means a decent trimmer for any length of beard hair, A/ the beard has to be really long hair to trim it down properly I should think, unfortunately that doesn't appeal to me as I don't grow my beard hair long.

If maybe they invent an adapter that pops on top of this that can give you a proper beard trim like my Remington which has 0-9 modes for trimming then this product would be a good 4/5 or even max 5/5. For people like me that want an all in one product this doesn't do the job and I'm regretting it now because I spent £230 say that out loud a few times you realize this product isn't cheap. I guess its more designer brand than anything else.

It has a side burns cutter when you flick it up from the center but doesn't work that well for me it can cut a thin straight line into side burns say, but doesn't clean up the hair outside that thin line it cuts through, so I have to use the main shaver to clean the rest up, my Remington can do side burns better and clean up around it too.

on the plus side it does have the cleaning mechanism and the refills aren't that expensive for how long they last, put it in the bay upside down press the button and let it automatically clean it off, or a short button which is short enough to quickly clean if you need it asap. So hygienically a good product, comes with a small brush for dry shave so you can wipe away the hairs, while shaving it doesn't spill the hair from what I can see in the sink nothing came out, but not sure how well this works maybe some people notice some hairs falling out of the product I personally never did see any coming out until I opened up the head.

Although I was using Foam which may have stuck the hairs together with it preventing much from dropping, I did notice when shaving dry you do get a lot of hairs falling off in the sink.

The case it comes with is also handy for traveling or storage. I personally use Wahl Clipper Oil a couple drops on top of the foil and shaving bits and spread with my finger all over those areas to lubricate it before a shave. I recommend using that machine oil if you plan to clean it with hot water. So if you run hot water over it leave it to dry and then use the Wahl Clipper Oil helps keep it in working condition and thus prologues its life I believe.

Lastly I heard on Amazon reviews that the (foil blades) accessory for this to replace isn't exactly the same thing as what the product comes with, so its not (authentic)? or as good as the (foil blade head) the product ships with. I find that to be important when buying something this expensive you might want it to last 5-10 years then you will need to replace the head blades a few times right? Think its something like 18 months recommended. I personally will try prolonging it for 3 years minimum.

Its times like these I wish I could go back in time before I purchased it and go with something that has better trimming function for any length hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Closest shave from an electric razor I've ever had!, 5 Feb 2014
Steve - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Braun 799CC-6 Series 7 Wet&Dry Rasierer (Misc.)
I can't recommend this shaver highly enough. The shave I got was the closest I've ever had from an electric razor and I've had quite a few in the past. I would say this shavers performance is as good as a wet shave and the hefty price tag is worth it when you work out the cost of blades etc. The shaver is very well made and comes with different settings to personalise your shave. The cleaning module does a great job of removing debris from the blades and also provides lubrication.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Sep 2014