5.0 out of 5 stars Merrell Women's Siren Trainer
I had bought a pair of these trainers/ shoes 7-8 years ago and was a little apprehensive about paying £80 on a pair of shoes that might not be comfortable, but here I am, buying another pair! The old pair had done some mileage and were still in perfect working order but after signing up for another sponsored walk this year, I decided I needed to invest in a new...
Published on 2 May 2012 by Yum Mum

3.0 out of 5 stars Stylish but hard to break in.
Stylish shoe, but it is taking a long time to break in. Even now I have to curl the tongue on the right shoe backwards and towards the laces, as it is digging into my foot.
Published 17 months ago by Anne

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars on the small side..., 27 July 2014
These shoes were too small. I am always a size 5. I had to go up a half size to a 5.5 and they are still on the snug side. I wish that I had just gone into a shop to try on a 5, 5.5 and a 6 to see which was the best fit. I phoned Merrell for advice and they advised to go up a half size due to the Gortex lining. I bought these for Nordic walking and had never had walking shoes like these, so I wasn't quite sure how they should feel. They were initially quite stiff, they seem to be loosening up a bit after wearing them for a few days. They are good shoes but the sizing is on the small side.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light and comfortable, 23 Nov 2011
These are extremely comfortable shoes. Light, but with good, solid soles and well cushioned footbed. I wear them to work every day. Not as chunky as they look in the picture. Worth the money.

2.0 out of 5 stars not waterproof for long!, 22 Oct 2013
patty holden (north west england) - See all my reviews
The shoes are very comfortable however after just 5 months they started to leak in water on both shoes, I sent them back and was very pleased that amazon sent me another pair. I thought maybe the first pair were faulty but a few months later the second pair started leaking in, despite being treated with waterproof spray. Comfortable shoes but waterproofing does not last more than a few months. I wouldn't buy again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good brand, good quality, just not quite right, 15 Feb 2014
G. Cartmel (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The shoes looked great (as expected from Merrell), the quality of them is really good, but they just didn't seem to fit right, slipping a little at the back though the rest of the foot fitting was right. Sent back for a refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 12 Feb 2014
Colour a little lighter that the photo, but a superb fit, very well made and looking forward to many walks once the rain stops.

5.0 out of 5 stars HIghly recommended, 13 Jan 2014
I hadn't even tried both of these shoes on before I left to walk the WHW, the weather got so hot my boots were too heavy so on went my shoes and they were heaven. Had them for nearly two years now and they are as good as new. Brilliant shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars New shoes!, 29 Nov 2013
The trainers arrived very promptly which is always nice, a few days before the expected delivery date.
So far they have lived up to expectations. I have been on a few muddy & damp walks and dry feet every time so far!
They fit well, from previous Merrels I know I take a half size up from my normal size and this pair were the same. No rubbing or need to 'break' these shoes in which is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars A waterproof walking shoe which does what it says!, 11 Nov 2013
Worn twice and they are comfy but most important even in wet grass and mud have not let the water in. Shoes have a gore tex lining so are more expensive but having paid slightly less for shoes in the past which claim to be waterproof but after a few months let the water in I have high hopes for these Merrell shoes.
(If they do leak in the future I will post another review)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for dog-walking!, 5 Nov 2013
Very easy to wear, sturdy yet light. I have been looking for some time for a product such as this. The Goretex feature was very important. I have walking boots but required something more like a trainer for less cold days, but days when there is a heavy dew. My Springer Spaniel will go out in all weathers! They are comfortable and perfect for my needs.

1.0 out of 5 stars not a shoe for somebody with arthritis, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: Merrell Womens SIREN SPORT GTX Trekking & Hiking Shoes (Apparel)
I wear ordinary Merrells with no problem,these gore tex Merrells are very very stiff and inflexible, I have arthritis in my feet, and after wearing these trainers once, I have been in agony.

‹ Previous | 1 2 317 | Next ›