Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 13 August 2012
Delilah has the most beautiful, emotional voice and is such a talented song writer. I know this is music that I will play for years to come, it is really gorgeous, insightful and well produced. This girl deserves a phenomenal career.
on 3 September 2012
If you are currently single - this will make you want to fall in love.
If you are currently in a relationship - this will make you remember why you fell in love.
If you are currently heartbroken - this will let you know you are not alone.

An exquisite collection of work covering a broad range of emotions by one of the brightest singer/songwriter talents to emerge on the British music scene in a long time. Delilah's voice is quite simply the perfect vessel to carry the sincerity and feelings of this beautiful arrangement of songs. Be it the stripped down piano pieces or the pulsing urban vibe that weaves through the album - it smacks of class and sophistication from beginning to end.

A fantastic debut which I almost gave four stars to just because I know there is so much more to come (Amazon: you might need to consider a sixth star by the next release). I've been waiting for this album to come out for almost a year - it has had heavy rotation since it's arrival and only sounds better with each listen. It's pop but with great style and substance that is usually only found by exploring more 'alternative' genres. Delilah demonstrates a maturity beyond her years both in content and execution. The biggest test for me is seeing an artist live, which I did last year and her voice is as powerful and on he money as it is on a glossy recorded studio piece.

If you find you like this be sure to get the EP's that were released before this which contain some material not on this album but equally as good and you can download the 2-4am mixtape for free from her official website ...and most importantly - try to see her live! I can't promote this artist enough, she has me completely under her spell.
Delilah (aka Paloma Ayana Stoecker) has a voice to make you sit up and
take notice. Her recent dalliance with Chase and Status aside, 'From The
Roots Up' may well stake a claim to be one of the finest albums we'll
hear this year. She produces a rich, sinuous noise with her marvelous
instrument; by turns soulful, enervating, rich and emotionally captivating,
it saturates the twelve tracks in this collection with a rare kind of magic.

Her muse is largely reflective and melancholic but it is, nonetheless, not
the kind of music to drag you down into the Gloomy Sunday dumps. Indeed,
listening to the utterly beautiful 'Shades Of Grey' for the umpteenth time
as I am writing this, it is impossible not to be touched deeply by her
total engagement with the gorgeous melody and touching lyrics. When she
sings "Through the darker shades of grey I see beauty in the rain" it is
impossible to do anything other than completely believe in her authenticity.

So too with the jittery shadows of 'Go' with its respectful nod to Chaka Khan's
'Ain't Nobody'; the deliciously sprightly arrangement of 'Only You'; the luminous
vocal harmonies of '21' and the stripped-down rhythmic intensity of 'Insecure'.

Final track 'Tabitha, Mummy and Me', however, truly is the icing on the cake.
A song which sublimely demonstrates her innate grasp of the spirit of the blues.

I seem to have discovered another disc for my desert island. I love it to bits!

Essential.
on 9 August 2012
A truly amazing album that just gets better with repeated listens. The attention to detail is outstanding, invest in a good pair of headphones though to really appreciate this music. Her voice is soulful and emotional and the tunes are catchy and intricate. The best £8 I have ever spent,truly an album for life.
on 21 April 2013
I purchased this album having heard only one track...isn't something I normally do but occasionally you come across an artist that warrants this and Delilah is one artist. From track 5...Only You to the remix of Go this artist has an unusual and unmistakeable quality to her voice that is almost haunting. Love it well worth listening to.
on 6 November 2012
This was another speculative purchase based on the recommendation and feedback. As it happens I'd heard Go on the radio whilst driving but failed to remember the artist and an Internet search didn't help either. So several months later I was pleasantly surprised to have accidentally bought it. Anyway the whole Cd is excellent, fresh sounding and well produced. Fans of Lamb will appreciate style, but will also appreciate that it is far fresher. The album is very well produced so sounds great on a good system. I can't believe we haven't been bombarded with Delilah by the media as the album really is that good. Mater of time no doubt. Definitely my favourite purchase for a while and I'm constantly looking for new CDs. Highlights got to be Go, So Irate, Inside My Love but not a bad one on there. Haven't been this pleased with a cd since I took the risk on an at the time unheard of Plan B and Adele's 21.
on 30 August 2012
This album is excellent and just the sound i expected. Loved it! Hate comparing artists but found myself listening to the album and thinking about Morcheeba, portishead and massive attack tunes, which is not a bad thing, if anyone remembers them its a massive compliment!
on 8 May 2013
This album is such a Gem. Delilah has a unique beautiful voice, extremely soulful with her own twist. Very talented writer and producer at such a young age. The quality of the music produced is amazing and keeps you in the replay mode! I brought my first CD 'From The Roots Up' last year - but due to demand from friends and family have since brought 40 more, as Xmas & birthday gifts!!! Which I might add has gone down a treat! It is the best investment I've made - especially when people are still thanking me for sharing such a classic CD. Prince & Chaka Khan obviously know great music when they hear it, both have endorsed Delilah.

At least, with a CD you own it - you don't when you download a MP3 .
on 13 September 2012
I first heard Delilah on the radio a few months back on the way back from a particulary boring meeting and was really impressed. "Go" got a decent airing and then she seemed to disappear from mainstream FM stations and i therfore forgot about her.

I caught the back end of a new track of hers on a late night radio show while driving home form holiday and promtly went home and bought this album. Best purchase i have made in years. She has a beautiful, soulful voice that is punctuated by some quite heavy electronic beats that really make each track pop.

Best album i've listened to all year. buy it!
on 1 August 2012
Best Album I have heard this Year. Every song is great and Delilah has such an amazing voice. Such an under rated Singer.