4.0 out of 5 stars There's something funny going on
Published 15 months ago by M. Wheeler

2.0 out of 5 stars Returned
Published 15 months ago by Mr Ronald Charles Barnes

2.0 out of 5 stars Returned, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: Invicta Watch I-Force Men's Quartz Watch with Grey Dial Analogue Display and Brown Leather Strap 12825 (Watch)
I decided to return this watch primarily because it was larger and more bulky than I expected and the quality was not consistent with a watch originally costing over 300. Also the hands are a little clumsy and the date numbers vary in size, poor attention to detail. The instructions were not comprehensive which lead me to believe that the date changing mechanism was faulty.

The battery was not identified but is apparently non-standard. The final straw was that no service centre or contact company was named in the UK.

4.0 out of 5 stars There's something funny going on, 30 Dec 2012
M. Wheeler "Martin 1989" (South London, England) - See all my reviews
There's something funny going on. Amazon's advertisements claim that these watches retail at approximately 350. However, if you search online, you will find that a lot of Invicta watches are currently being sold for around 50-100. Apparently I bought what I thought was a 'Swiss watch' which was actually made in Japan. Apparently I paid only 20% of its normal retail price. However, I look online elsewhere and discover Invicta watches being heavily discounted. There is something funny going on.

Either I've got a real bargain, or I may have been misled. I am confused.

For all that, I got the watch and it looks beautiful. Be warned, this model is huge, it's like you got a wall clock lashed to your wrist. The clock face is maybe a touch too gaudy for my taste, but when you are paying 50 for a 350 watch, what you gonna do? The leather strap looks very classy indeed, like it is hand stitched, and the overall finish of the chromework makes it look like an expensive watch. I am very pleased with what I got for 50. I think it was a bargain, although I fear the weight of the watch is gonna make one arm longer than the other if I wear it for any length of time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Box was dirty?, 15 Feb 2013
M. Aze - See all my reviews
As expected from a watch that I got at ridiculous discount. Orginal price 300+, got at 90% with Amazon lightning deal for 30 something.

Before buying, like others, looked up why so many Invicata watches on the lightning deals, and simple answer: not made in Switerland, but Japan. Still, looks stunning, and for sub 50 quartz, don't expect that 1 sec in 2months accuracy. Mine seams to be mostly accurate, but as not worn a watch in more then a year, bought this for the style/look then function.

Large dial, as other mentioned, and noted before hand, though for this brown leather, silver edge, and silver/glistening numbers, a large dial suits.

The only complaint is the yellow case/box it came in was a bit dirty and smudged with some black stuff. By a bit, I mean very noticable dirty. Why I can not understand, as I don't recall any other things from amazon with such dirt, and i was boxed in an amazon cardboard, with plenty packing paper.
Since the box is such simple paper like material, it does not clean off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch, 3 April 2013
Mr. U. NWOSU - See all my reviews
Beautiful watch witha lovely watch face and strong leather strap. The only problem I found was that when I checked on othe sites I found that it wasn't worth 329 as Amazon claimed but still a quality item.

4.0 out of 5 stars given as it is, but not that satisfying, 4 Mar 2013
arrived as it told it was. i am no watch collector and it does not suit my style preference...but i still use it for formal functions. this is due to the fact that it is 'old school'. a friend of mine says that the style is as old as his grandpa, but who cares, it looks nice, feels nice and works nice. the only drawback is that it does not look expensive as it should hv been marked. i've seen better watches from better companies for less

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Watch - very underated, 27 Dec 2012
Mr. Muhammad R. Edah-tally (London, England) - See all my reviews
This is a very subtle watch - it's plain face but very understated and refined - I love it. Works well as a formal piece or casual.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice mix of over- and under-statement, 19 Jan 2013
This watch has a big face. I mean, compared to other watches I've had in the past, it's about half as big again. But that's a good thing, since what's under the glass is nicely understated. And the hands glow once they've had quite a bit of light exposure (which surprised me cause I think someone else mentioned they don't glow).

I'm knocking one star off because it is a little chunkier than I was expecting but that's a personal preference. If you like chunky watches, then this is well worth it!

ARRAY(0xb26d3e64)