Top critical review
6 people found this helpful
Be warned, these will blow your fuses!
on 16 April 2014
When one of these fails, and they don't last for long, they trip the fuse for the house lighting. The last time this happened, they also destroyed the dimmer switch, which had to be replaced. I'm scared of the dark, so everytime this happens, I have a mild panic.
I infinitely prefer incandescent lighting to the new eco bulbs and their mercury content (how the hell do you get rid of the things?), and like the heat they give, which saves on the central heating bill. But these particular bulbs are faulty.