4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!
I was sold on this book by the amazing cover. They say that you should never judge a book by it's cover but in this instance, I had the last laugh. I was amazed that this book sucked me in so quickly.

Published on 10 Sep 2012 by Cathy Hudson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
Published 17 months ago by Jude Smith

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 10 Sep 2012
Cathy Hudson (Waterlooville, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kransen House (Kindle Edition)

I don't usually take to period-horror tales but this was an exception. I instantly related to the main character, even though I found her to be quite annoying and 'needy'. Like another reviewer, I was thinking of Stepford Wives throughout the tale but only very loosely as this novel manages to create a twist all of it's own.

Beautifully written. This writer really captures the haunted house atmosphere.

Not a book to read alone at night!

I am going to find the time to read Still Lake soon!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 29 July 2013
Jude Smith - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Kransen House (Kindle Edition)
I have to say that although the story seemed good, I absolutely hated the writing style. Seemed like it was partly 'normal' and then over the top, Steven King type detailed descriptions. That doesn't mean it's like Steven King novel - it's not. Felt like I was reading a book written by a youngster, not a grown up. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but this book is not for me. Not bothered with refund as I'm quite happy to support any author.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Kransen House (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic book, great story line and the author used great choice of words it's a highly recommended, 5 star rating

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 July 2013
I loved this book!
I read it in 2 days, I could barely put it down!

The story is set in a spooky old house and has plenty of strange things going on, if you are a fan of creepy tales then you will no doubt enjoy this story!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: Kransen House (Kindle Edition)
I'm enjoying reading Sara,s books do keep me gripped and I couldn't put it down. Looking forward to the next one. Both scarey and sexy Sara's books so far.

2.0 out of 5 stars forget it, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Kransen House (Kindle Edition)
not very good bit slow at begining and rushed at end.i wouldnt bother to buy this book, the sample will do.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Kransen House (Kindle Edition)
I found this book boring and total rubbish which I'm sorry to say about anybody's book,but it's just not believable I'm afraid,I finished this book but it was a Hard slog.

2.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointed., 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Kransen House (Kindle Edition)
Thought this was going to be spooky and scarey, unfortunately it didn't frighten me at all. It was an alright story and I read it through to the end but for me it wasn't horror. Don't think I'll be reading this author's books again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Kransen House (Kindle Edition)
This was a book you could just not put down from the very beginning. An absolutely gripping story what a brilliant writer. Cannot wait to read more of her books.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very unrealistic infuriating story, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Kransen House (Kindle Edition)
Far fetched grade which has you screaming at the dopey Ana to leg it. There are so many twists and turns in this book that are obvious to the reader but not the annoying main character. I had guessed the ending half way through. My advice don't bother.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›