on 4 October 2014
This printer seems to be very well built and good construction. I used to always have HP printers but they have gone so much downhill in recent years. Very plastic'y and always failed on me. I am very impressed with this printer as with the toner cartridges supposedly having 2500 prints it makes this very economical to run as they are still the same price as other lasers that do a lot less. So far I am impressed

-- 2015 Update

Ok, here is the update after a few months of using. Quite honestly this is a terrible printer.
It looks good and started off good but the whole design of the firmeware has not been thought through and it simply has so many bugs. It is also very slow. I have also had the printer lock up a large number of times and I needed to power it off and back on.

For example, if you want to scan a document to USB or Email then you cannot change the file format on the fly. You have to go through the entire menu and change the 'defaults' from PDF to JPEG for example, and next time you scan you need to either remember what the last setting was or you need to go and check and change it again. Very badly thought through.

The usability of the menu is also very slow and has a very annoying beep when clicking buttons. You also cannot change or click any buttons until the printer has finished warming up each time.

The only good thing with the printer seems to be the reliability of the sheet feeder. If you want to scan a lot of documents its quick and accurate. But nothing else is worth it, I have had so many faults and problems with this. It is very temperamental.
on 30 January 2015
I just took delivery of this printer. having had a good go with it printing various letters, envelopes and pictures have to say i am very happy with it. the machine is not too large, quiet and quick. the single slot for printing one off envelopes or letter heads/ invoices is very useful without needing to remove the blank paper. the print quality of pictures and letters is amazing and photocopies and printed scans are also really good quality to the point it is difficult to spot the original. setting it up on my network was as straight forward as plugging it into my router with an ethernet cable, it came up straight away and is now so easy to print from any device on my network. the two slight negatives is that if the printed docs build up they can force papers out on to the floor, also notice a slight curl to some docs in particular envelopes but only slight and easily resolved by bending the papers straight.
on 26 April 2013
I cannot fault the printer it does everything it says on the tin but beware it's great weakness are the costs of replacement printer cassettes. These seem to run at about £50 each plus VAT making replacement about the same cost as the printer. More fool me for to doing the research so buyer be warned!
on 6 April 2016
This was a replacement for the previous model which gave 6 years good service.
I can't live without this.
It has proven to be reliable in the short time that I have had it.
I suspect the toner is going to be the real cost, though clone toner at half the price runs well.
on 24 March 2014
Exactly what i expected and wanted to have. Setup is very easy. Windows 7 has all drivers integrated, so a real "plug and play device"
on 3 May 2016
An excellent quality printer - no doubt. A shame that wireless printing from an iPhone / iPad is missing.
on 16 December 2014
Considering the product is less than 4 months old, had quite a few problems. Lines on the copies and now an Actuator Motor Failure!!
on 7 November 2014
Good value
on 27 July 2014
Had to wait along time but it's really good quality
on 13 January 2014
Very good printer that is economical, always works and always seems to produce good copies. I use it mainly for office work so it's had a kicking but it keeps working and I am very pleased with it. I feel that I can highly recommend it