5.0 out of 5 stars A Joy at Christmas !
Published 19 months ago by red-x

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing
rather dull and a bit of a let down given her lovely voice. I had hoped for something a bit more vibrant
Published 18 months ago by kumquatdog

5.0 out of 5 stars A Joy at Christmas !, 21 Dec 2012
red-x (sw scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doris Day - The Classic Christmas Album (Audio CD)
I thoroughly recommend this cd which, appears to be the current version of previous editions. My dad loved Hollywood musicals and as kids we were spoon fed many on the tv. I don't think he had any Hollywood records if any though. However, I've always appreciated the quality vocals of DD and others of this ilk and she did have such 'laughing eyes', a babe!! Its a shame the photography used for recordings packages was 'not very artistic' and a tad 'tacky' from what I've seen as well as somewhat staid, reflecting the age (?) and target audience no doubt.

However, this is the first DD album of any kind I've purchased and can say at Christmas 2012, I have bathed in its silky, soothing and relaxing glory, that is once you get to track 8. Up 'til then it's more upbeat.

An absolute delight!

Go buy (3.99 delivered when I ordered) if you like or want chill-out Christmas smoothness and (re) discover the fabulous vocals of a singing legend.

On the strength of this cd, I've sought out DD's sensual and ballad-y material in the hope of similar all year round enjoyment. Thats my interest...

FANTASTIC !

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Christmas album, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Doris Day - The Classic Christmas Album (Audio CD)
The whole family loved this album. It is ideal for all age groups as it includes lots of jolly classics and Doris has the most smooth velvety voice. Really got us in the Christmas mood when we listened in the car and in doors whilst putting up the decks. Was very good value too

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album, 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: Doris Day - The Classic Christmas Album (Audio CD)
Love Doris day and this album is brilliant, had it on tape for years and so pleased that it has been released on CD

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 20 Jan 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars for my mum, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Doris Day - The Classic Christmas Album (Audio CD)
I bought this as it had a special song on the cd that my late mum used to sing and it brought back lovely memories

Doris Day - The Classic Christmas Album
Doris Day - The Classic Christmas Album by Doris Day (Audio CD - 2012)