5.0 out of 5 stars excellent
Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright for summer but don't expect them to last long.
Published 18 months ago by Z. Armstrong

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 12 Sept. 2013
I found the size - 5, to be exactly my size - 5. The shoes are just superb. I am delighted with them. I can tell how good they are because my feet are very fussy. The shoes even accommodate thick (Chris Brasher) socks. A specialist described a certain type of shoe that would suit my feet - bunions about to be operated on - and these seem to be just like that. If they are so comfortable WITH bunions then without, well they should be beyond description! Some people have mentioned they are not 'soft' enough or don't 'give' much. Personally I quite like the firmness and think that for the money the value is excellent. For another £20 to £40 then obviously the quality would be better - it is important to remember how much of the cost is VAT! Also these shoes are not the quality that serious trekkers/climbers would require perhaps with ankle supports.

For feet that need support for the arches, the insoles are easily removed and then will comfortably accommodate the simple simplex supports.

They arrived on the very first day of the time suggested that they might, so I am even more delighted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light weight walking trainers, 24 Jun. 2013
Marsha Murray - See all my reviews
I like merrell products having had 2 pairs of their shoes prior to buying the Calia Gtx Bridle trainer. I chose this gortex pair as it has rained on my City break holidays for the past 2 years and these are very comfortable. One thing to remember is Merrell come smaller than you may expect so order a larger size than you would normally wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super shoe, 23 Jan. 2013
The perfect shoe for bad weather. Lightweight and comfortable and most importantly waterproof. Used it in some atrocious wet and snowy weather, not a hint of wet reached inside the shoe and traction was good. Combine with a good pair of thermal socks and say goodbye to cold feet.Great colour too- doesn't show mud and muck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Merrell Trainers, 5 Jun. 2013
These are super light and comfortable! Great if you travel a lot and need to take walking shoes with. They are also wide enough in width to be able to wear really thick socks if its cold. All in all a really good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfy, 24 Feb. 2013
I've had quite a few Merrell shoes in my time and this are by far the most comfy one I have had bought. Excellent price as well

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Long Treks!, 2 Aug. 2013
Extremely comfortable, no blisters (even with only wearing one pair of ankle socks!) and the fit was true to size. Really hard wearing, completely waterproof and good grip, which was a must for me when climbing rocky areas of mountains.
Overall happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Merrell!, 18 Sept. 2013
I like these shoes. These are so comfortable and will be invaluable on a forthcoming holiday. I've worn them in the rain and wet and so far they appear to be waterproof.

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright for summer but don't expect them to last long., 16 Oct. 2013
Z. Armstrong - See all my reviews
This review is from: Merrell Women's Calia Gore Tex Trainer (Shoes)
I bought these for dog walking and was delighted with them at first, but they haven't stood up to much. They are very slippy in normal Scottish weather conditions. Moss on tarmac is slippy, wet leaves on the ground are slippy, wet tree roots are slippy. I don't have problems with slipping on any of these things in the same conditions in other foot wear. Weirdly enough they are actually quite stable on snow, but there is more rain here than snow! I thought maybe the sole would just need some roughing up, but I've had them for a year now and they are still slippy! The gore-tex does nothing to help make these shoes waterproof. They leak, meaning I usually have to wear wet shoes as they don't dry out in enough time for the next walk. I find that my foot slips out of the shoe easily and tying the shoelaces tighter doesn't make any difference to this and only serves to cut off the blood flow to my foot! The lining on the inside wore through and the stitching is coming apart and that happened in just a couple of months. They are not that comfy for long walks either. If you are an occasional walker, just looking for something to wear now and then in dry weather then these would probably be fine. If like me you walk every day and really need a good supportive shoe for some relief from boots that stands up to the late spring/summer/early autumn elements, I'd look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Merrell walking shoes, 16 May 2013
Shoes arrived incredibly quickly but were too small-I am a reliable size 6 and these were just far too tight. I really liked them however so exchanged for a size 7. These were exactly as I'd hoped-a perfect fit, lightweight but well supported and looked good. They also arrived in 2 days-just in time for a 4 day walking holiday where they proved themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect Merrell, 3 Sept. 2013
Very good walking shoes, light wight. I really recommend it to any person active.
I my self traveling a lots with my work as a tour leader, and could have any other shoes.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›