5.0 out of 5 stars Ground Breaking, and Hilarious, Second Season, 4 April 2005
Mark Baker (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
After winning audiences over with the first season, Lucy, Ricky, Ethel, and Fred came back for a second season to the delight of television audiences. This set will delight their modern fans just as much.
There were 31 episodes in the second season, and they are faithfully presented here on 5 discs. The season opened with the famous "Job Switching" episode that finds Lucy and Ethel working in a chocolate factory. Also well known from this season are the episodes surrounding Lucy's pregnancy and the birth of Little Ricky, something quite daring for TV of the 50's. Other highlights include "The Club Election," "Lucy Changes Her Mind," "Lucy's Last Birthday" (which is the only time the words to the theme song are heard), and "Never Do Business With Friends." So what if the stories are sometimes predictable or little attention is paid to previous episodes (Lucy gets new furniture and Ethel gets a new washing machine twice in one season). This is classic TV at it's funniest.
My only real complaint from the previous season was the size of the set. That complaint has been completely removed this time around. As I previously said, all 31 episodes are on just five DVD's, keeping the cost and the size much more reasonable. Everything else remains the same. The episodes have been lovingly restored to perfection. You'll never see them looking better. Frankly, I find the series hard to watch on TV any more since it looks so lousy there. Sound is still mono. It won't blow you away, but it sounds sharp. Each disc still has plenty of extras, including guest cast, an episode of "My Favorite Husband" each, original openings, restored footage, and production notes and behind the scenes pictures as appropriate.
This set is a dream come true for any I LOVE LUCY fan. If that's you, be sure to pick it up today.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love love love lucy, 8 Nov 2008
You can't not 'love lucy' and watching this proves why! even if you have never seen it, (like me i just got it for my birthday and loved it) you just have to to a clip of a episode and your hooked! It's funny without being rude or naked it will make you say however old you are 'THEY DONT MAKE EM LIKE THAT ANYMORE' my 7yr old sister loves it my 76yr grandma loves it if you love to laugh and sometimes cry you will love it! it proves why desi arnez said 'I love lucy wasnt just a title' and you really will love lucy! I LOVE LUCY x

5.0 out of 5 stars funny lady, 13 Mar 2014
Mr. J. Kavanagh (cheshire UK) - See all my reviews
the title says the way I feel I truly love Lucy. and the quality of the shows from the 50s is fabulous. ive seen all the shows but never tire of watching her.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love I Love Lucy!, 30 Jun 2009
Mre B. Benham (England) - See all my reviews
OH i just love these programmes! They're not just terribly funny but wonderfully executed and the expressions the actors make have me giggling for ages! I already had one set of these DVDs and i intent to collect more - all, if i can afford!

I Love Lucy: The Complete Second Season [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]